It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Dragon Sighting?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Well, see if you can get or borrow a camera and carry it around and see if you can snap a picture of this creature.

Troy

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   
This poster is ringing a bell for me, Mods do we ever get any repeat offenders that have been hammered before? just sounds familiar, he seems to be rather rude on who can post what as well which i don't like very much. Don't mean to offend but you boldly state "I have seen a dragon" then PUT IN CAPITAL LETTERS what you do and don't want to hear. None of us here are afforded that privelage, one of the beauties of ATS it's freedom to say what you feel without unduly offending anybody and this seems to going against the grain to say the least.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Whether dragons exist or ever existed, I cannot answer.

My thought process on having a sighting of any caliber, whether it be ghosts, ufos, bigfoot, dragons, etc. is to approach it rationally.

I would be objective with myself and try to find other possibilities of what my sighting may have been, before believing the 'Dominos delivery guy is Elvis'.

Just a suggestion,

Make a list of credible possibilities of what it was you may have seen. i.e bird, snake, etc. Go through the compiled list and choose the most probable.
Once you make the most probable choice from the list, based on available evidence, try to discredit your choice buy seeing what does not fit.
If after all that, you still believe you saw a dragon, it shouldn't matter what anyone else has to say.

Sort of the same thing someone does when they try to debunk someones story or theory.

The above comments are the sole opinion of the poster and do not represent or convey any stance Dominos or Elvis may have on the existence of Dragons.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
on dragon sightings, check this out (those who haven't already).

www.freerepublic.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ellroy
on dragon sightings, check this out (those who haven't already).

www.freerepublic.com...

See they got pictures, they got a reasonable discussion. Disposable cameras cost less then 10 buck, btw...

Originally posted by Sad Lil Alex
First off i would like to warn you that with my experience on multiple forums the ONLY way to make sure you get an offensive post is to type DONT POST THIS your pretty much garunteed to get an immature member (or maybe juts a bored one) that sees your thread and says EXACTLY what u dont want said just to tick you off....

HEY! I resemble that... I'm bored AND immature!

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I think that is possible you have seen something. And guys, why the heck would it be a flying dragon lizard or a quetzal bird, he said he lives in Georgia. And this creature seems awfully big to be a bird or a tiny tiny lizard...that flys. What kind of flying lizard would just swoop down and fly high into the sky again? Guys, think logically. I think our little "dragonoligist" also could think a little more logically. Take my advice, DZ, you'll need it in the future.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
...and some of you people are being complete JERKS!! Give the guy some time to think, and maybe, JUST maybe, he will think logically.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by FudgeStix
I personally don't believe what you saw was a dragon, and I'm not saying that to tick you off I'm just thinking sensibly. How close did you actually get to this creature?

Did it look anything like this?

It could be that though they are actually quite small, however there are birds that have a wing span of over 8 feet. People are often shocked to realize how large that really is....eagles, vultures and condors included. Though there's a type of albatross with a wingspan of 11 feet. Herons, storks, cranes and flamingos are tall birds also with the ability to fly. Standing up to 5 ft tall. I mean it could easily be any of these things....seriously. And at night they could certainly resemble the average depiction of a -dragon-

[edit on 16-3-2007 by laiguana]

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonoligist Zac
If you think I am lying or do believe in dragons and just want to post to clear that out, don't even bother to post here.

This is an open forum for people to discuss freely within the topics provided. Honestly, What do you hope to gain without the thoughts of a skeptic? Imagine if I were to start a thread about how "Giant Humanoid Scorpions won the Cold War." Then stated that You can only post if you belived me. Would you think 'fair enough,' and walk away? No.

I hate when people do that.

Really? I hate it when people start a thread with a disclaimer that attempts to prevent other people from joining. Huh? That's funny... That's exactly what you did. I guess we can't all get what we want.

Anyway... Honestly, I think you are lying. Not because of your story, but rather due to the nature of your previous topics.
If someone was a self proclaimed UFOlogist with no alien related background, that is fair enough. Then oneday out of the blue he was to announce that he had just been abducted. Would he seem more credible, or less. Out of the total reported abductions per year, one of them happens to be an expert prior to the actual (or rather claimed) incident.

Now out of all the dragon sightings reported each year, (yep, all 7 or 8 of them) What are the chances that one will happen to a self proclaimed expert on the matter? Can you see where I am going with this?

I can understand if what I have said has offended you. Maybe you did see something. Maybe a snake? But due to your current mindset you perceived it as something it was not, and then embellished the words of your friend.

I don't have a cellphone or camera. Ever though of that?

Whoops. I'm sorry. I seem to have missed that. I take back all of what I have said, and will accept what you have said as truth, because you have a lack of evidence.

BTW...Giant Humanoid Scorpions won the Cold War. Believe it!

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana

Originally posted by FudgeStix
I personally don't believe what you saw was a dragon, and I'm not saying that to tick you off I'm just thinking sensibly. How close did you actually get to this creature?

Did it look anything like this?

It could be that though they are actually quite small, however there are birds that have a wing span of over 8 feet. People are often shocked to realize how large that really is....eagles, vultures and condors included. Though there's a type of albatross with a wingspan of 11 feet. Herons, storks, cranes and flamingos are tall birds also with the ability to fly. Standing up to 5 ft tall. I mean it could easily be any of these things....seriously. And at night they could certainly resemble the average depiction of a -dragon-

[edit on 16-3-2007 by laiguana]

Cmon, we have got almost -0- discription and everyone making assumptions!

I saw what appeared to be a snake with a feathery tail and wings...and it made a sound that was similar to a parrot.

Big snake? Little snake? 5 foot tall flamingo?

Plus the poster starts off with a tantrum... I'm sorry but hey I like to throw gas on a fire!

Oh, yes...

Originally posted by Missingno.
...and some of you people are being complete JERKS!! Give the guy some time to think, and maybe, JUST maybe, he will think logically.

HAHA! Dude should take the time to THINK before his fingers ever hit the keyboard! Or at least before "Post Reply"... What we have here is becoming pretty freaking common: "Let's pretend", or: "My imagination is running wild and I have no filter for it except ATS"! I dunno, I'm pretty new here but I even know there is no point in trying to post about the fantastic if you don't have ANY rudimentary proofs (picture, news article, etc.). And its already pretty old. You just can't have an inteligent discussion (or debate) about somebody else's fairytale!

It's pretty safe to say if your going to act like a bonehead your gonna get treated like a bonehead. Idiots like me LOVE to push the hapless's buttons, and DONT POST IF... is one great big shiney red button (especially if used in conjuncture with a feckless post)!

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
i posted that article but didn't have the time to comment.
generally, i think there is some truth in that dragon myths as it is in every legend or myth, but my guess is that if there were dragons out there they would be hard to miss.

about this case:
well, 4 years ago i saw a kardasian walk into a bar so i'm gonna repeat to you what i told myself that day; better start smoking stuff that just makes you look like this
. at least you won't end up in therapy.

[edit on 16-3-2007 by ellroy]

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gear

If you think I am lying or do believe in dragons and just want to post to clear that out, don't even bother to post here.

This is an open forum for people to discuss freely within the topics provided. Honestly, What do you hope to gain without the thoughts of a skeptic? Imagine if I were to start a thread about how "Giant Humanoid Scorpions won the Cold War." Then stated that You can only post if you belived me. Would you think 'fair enough,' and walk away? No.

I hate when people do that.

Really? I hate it when people start a thread with a disclaimer that attempts to prevent other people from joining. Huh? That's funny... That's exactly what you did. I guess we can't all get what we want.

Anyway... Honestly, I think you are lying. Not because of your story, but rather due to the nature of your previous topics.
If someone was a self proclaimed UFOlogist with no alien related background, that is fair enough. Then oneday out of the blue he was to announce that he had just been abducted. Would he seem more credible, or less. Out of the total reported abductions per year, one of them happens to be an expert prior to the actual (or rather claimed) incident.

Now out of all the dragon sightings reported each year, (yep, all 7 or 8 of them) What are the chances that one will happen to a self proclaimed expert on the matter? Can you see where I am going with this?

I can understand if what I have said has offended you. Maybe you did see something. Maybe a snake? But due to your current mindset you perceived it as something it was not, and then embellished the words of your friend.

I don't have a cellphone or camera. Ever though of that?

Whoops. I'm sorry. I seem to have missed that. I take back all of what I have said, and will accept what you have said as truth, because you have a lack of evidence.

BTW...Giant Humanoid Scorpions won the Cold War. Believe it!

Hey Gear, ya know what?

SHUT THE HELL UP. Believe it!!

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by whargoul

HAHA! Dude should take the time to THINK before his fingers ever hit the keyboard! Or at least before "Post Reply"... What we have here is becoming pretty freaking common: "Let's pretend", or: "My imagination is running wild and I have no filter for it except ATS"! I dunno, I'm pretty new here but I even know there is no point in trying to post about the fantastic if you don't have ANY rudimentary proofs (picture, news article, etc.). And its already pretty old. You just can't have an inteligent discussion (or debate) about somebody else's fairytale!

It's pretty safe to say if your going to act like a bonehead your gonna get treated like a bonehead. Idiots like me LOVE to push the hapless's buttons, and DONT POST IF... is one great big shiney red button (especially if used in conjuncture with a feckless post)!

Ya know what? You should think before being a BASTARD!

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
Does anyone have a good dragon story, i dont care if its real or not, but this story sucks.

[edit on 15-3-2007 by hikix]

As hypocritical as this seems...don't be rude.

I know I'm the one to talk but you guys all suck. Just ban me allready, I had it with these idiots.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Forgive him for he is young.

I'd say 12-13.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Why do you need to be banned? Can't you just leave?

And if you can't accept that people would question you maybe you shouldn't have come here.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I know I'm the one to talk but you guys all suck. Just ban me allready, I had it with these idiots.

Done. You have denied factual and honest questions. You have soiled this great forum. You have damaged the integity of this sight. You have to change or you have to go. I prefer the later. Bye Bye

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I will leave!! See ya later, don't expect me to come back!!

Later and lovin' it!!

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Dude! Dragonoligist Zac,

Dragons do exist. It's true! I've seen them with my own eye's. Once there was this documentry on TV about this dragon named Liono and he could talk and even had a human friend that he teamed up with to restore justice to the country side.

Another dragon I once say in a different documentry, was long,bright white and hairy like a pekenese dog with long shaggy fur. He too could talk and befreinded a little boy who was on a semingly never ending story.

Japan has their own dragon sightings, except theirs don't fly but are very very large and still breath fire. They are bipedal and hate tall electrical towers.

There was a documenry I say just a short while ago about this dragon that was seeking a rider so that it could fight some epic battle.

A few years ago a dracon documentry came out that was about lots of dragons that went on a rampage in this one town and had to be fought off by the military.

So screw all the people out there that don't believe in dragons

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Missingno.
I think that is possible you have seen something. And guys, why the heck would it be a flying dragon lizard or a quetzal bird, he said he lives in Georgia. And this creature seems awfully big to be a bird or a tiny tiny lizard...that flys. What kind of flying lizard would just swoop down and fly high into the sky again? Guys, think logically. I think our little "dragonoligist" also could think a little more logically. Take my advice, DZ, you'll need it in the future.

I suggested that it might have been a pet, people get illegal (or I assume their illegal to keep) pets and then can't control them so they either set them free or they escape.

Did he say it flew? I didn't notice that in his post - if he did then obivously my idea's out of the window but I still don't think he saw a dragon, because in all honesty if there was a dragon flying round Georgia why would only he and his friend see it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join