It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

illegal aliens, should they be allowed to stay in our country?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
should we let illegal aliens into to our country to stay or should we deport them and increase the security of our boarders

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Deport them and strenghten our borders. We have procedures for those who want to come and contribute to our nation.

Being in the EU, we have to reley on others to protect our borders, and I think part sof Europe are not as interested in border security as we should be.

So ship them back.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The word illegal pretty much answers that question. Obey the laws like the rest of us or go.

mikell

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
they should be forced to leave the country and when should strengthen the boarders. alot of people say this will drain our ecconomy but it wont yes we will be paying workers more because they are not illegals but that money goes back into our country when those people spend their money. but i raise another question why do we/why shoud we learn their language when they are comming into a prodominately english speaking country

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
You should have to learn their language, I went to Japan therefore I learned Japanese, I was going to say,"why do you guys speak in English". Though in Japan 90% of people know English.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I agree that illegal immigrants should be sent back. That Brazilian guy who was shot after 7/7 was here illegally, cause his visa ran out. IF he had been told to leave the country when that happened then he'd still be alive. I don't want to get into a debate on the rights and wrongs of the cops that day, it's off topic.

BTW, I'm not a foreigner-basher because many LEGAL immigrants are making a contribution to this country, though not all of course. It's the illegals that are causing the problem.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
if an illegal wants to contribute and be a worker honest part of the american culture its like Freedom ERP said we have ways for them to become a part of america and a citizen.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom ERP
Deport them and strenghten our borders. We have procedures for those who want to come and contribute to our nation.

well, in the USA they have a quota system. they only let a certain number of people from each country, and it's definitely not based on population. from lichenstein 2 people per year w/ a pop of 1 million. from malta 2 people per year w/ a pop of 400k. it's a very biased system.

Being in the EU, we have to reley on others to protect our borders, and I think part sof Europe are not as interested in border security as we should be.

So ship them back.

honestly, i don't even get the idea of border security, or nationalism for that matter.

what ever happened to universalism?

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
honestly, i don't even get the idea of border security, or nationalism for that matter.

Do you mean that you dont understand the concept or that you dont believe in it. What exactly is universalism.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Send them packing.

Most of the money they make in the US they send back to Mexico. Our tax dollars are paying for their education, health care, etc. yet they still parade in the streets demanding more. They are not interested in assimilating into American culture. Take a look at Mexico's immigration laws, if we had the same standards as them, there would only be a handful of Mexicans in the US. The border between the US and Mexico would be a great place for a Panama canal type waterway, stretching from the Pacific to the Gulf of Mexico. One more thing, SPEAK ENGLISH.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I see it this way.

If they have been here at least five years, speak English, or are willing
to, and are productive members of society, they should be allowed to
stay, and be given full citizenship.

I also don't believe we should have quotas, if you want to move here,
and you can pass the test, and speak English, than you should be
allowed to.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Ship 'em out! I can't believe that we can afford for illegals to over crowd our schools and our prisons, that we can afford for their care to shut down hospitals and emergency rooms, that we can afford to live on the wages that have been driven down by their presence, but we can't afford a frickin' Greyhound ticket! What a load...

I totally disagree with the quota system. I wish it was easier for our Irish and English (who are educated and actually speak ENGLISH) friends to become citizens, or at least be here legally. At the same time if you're some illiterate third world scum bag you're more then welcome? ie Hatians, Mexicans, Somali, etc...

I'm not at all satisfied with any of the presidential candidates (or GWB's) "fix" for the issue either.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Well, I don't think they belong here. Unfortunately, I think all we can really do is secure both the Canadian and Mexican borders to stem the tide of future illegal immigration attempts. There are supposedly over 11 million illegal immigrants in this nation. To round all of them up would not only be an arduous task but a very hectic one as well. Can you imagine the paper work?
I'd love to say, "Round em' up and send them back," but to do so would probably be more trouble than just letting the ones currently here remain.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
In my opinion NO!!!!! But, there is no feasible way to deport them all, or support them. Quite the situation. I think if we cut them off from aid, penalize companies who are found hiring illegals. Its a bunch of BS the whole they do jobs ordinary Americans won't, Ive worked many jobs some would consider undesirable in my short time on this earth. Most people will do what they have to do to get by reguardless of what the job is. If there is a solution to the problem, I cant think of a feasible one that could be implemented, but thats what think tanks are for.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
I see it this way.

If they have been here at least five years, speak English, or are willing
to, and are productive members of society, they should be allowed to
stay, and be given full citizenship.

So, if somebody has been able to elude detection for 5 years, this makes them a citizen? I don't think so.

I also don't believe we should have quotas, if you want to move here,
and you can pass the test, and speak English, than you should be
allowed to.

Quotas are absolutely necessary.

On an individual country basis, we cannot be expected to take in all refugees from a political unrest.

On a global basis, our country can only absorb so many immigrants. We do not have unlimited resources, such as jobs or housing.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
So, if somebody has been able to elude detection for 5 years, this makes them a citizen?

If they speak English and are willing to work, than yes, that is what I think.

I actually was going to say that they should be able to stay, and take the
citizenship test, and if they passed they stay, but considering that most
naturaly born Americans could'nt pass it, I think that would be a bit unfair.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
[honestly, i don't even get the idea of border security, or nationalism for that matter.

Simple, it's the law of this and every other country on the planet.

Nothing happened to it. It doesn't really exist, except as a fiment of your (and a few other misguided people's) imagination.

Kick them out. Build a wall.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei

Originally posted by jsobecky
So, if somebody has been able to elude detection for 5 years, this makes them a citizen?

If they speak English and are willing to work, than yes, that is what I think.

I actually was going to say that they should be able to stay, and take the
citizenship test, and if they passed they stay, but considering that most
naturaly born Americans could'nt pass it, I think that would be a bit unfair.

so you think that we should all obey laws and live by them but let someone who has been breaking a law for 5 years become a citizen. illegals come here because where they live is bad over populated and low on education. if we keep letting them come in here and dont strenghthen our boarders soon our country will be like that

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by that1guy789
So you think that we should all obey laws and live by them but let someone who has been breaking a law for 5 years become a citizen. illegals come here because where they live is bad over populated and low on education. if we keep letting them come in here and dont strenghthen our boarders soon our country will be like that

I never said we should all live by all the laws.

America would not become like Mexico just because people keep coming
here, though I have to say I think the best policy is to bring Mexico up
to or near our standard, so that Mexicans don't feel that the only way
they will ever have any sort of god life is coming to America.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
i agree that we should help mexico raise its standards of living because in doing so more people would enjoy living there there fore resulting in less imagration but the reason is because they are over populated and have low education standards. think about it every year the drop out rate gets higher so does the amount of illegals comming into our country, every year the crime rate gos up so does the amount of illegals comming into our country. dont you think some of this is related? im not saying that all the crime in america is coming from illegals and im not saying that the only peoople dropping out are illegals im just saying that they are a big contributing factor to that. and we deal with this why, so that they can take lower end jobs from american citizens who work as hard as they can every day to support there fammily.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join