It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

jones town...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
does any one know the truth about jones town...what was the cause of him forming the cult, wut jones was trying to do?any informATION YOU KNOW ANY CONSPIRICIES ABOUT THISE TOPIC?

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I've never really looked into the Jim Jones/Jonestown Massacre ordeal, but here's a few links that may provide additional insight for you.

Hope this helps.

Part 1:
The Jonestown Death Tape (FBI No. Q 042) (November 18, 1978)
www.youtube.com...

Part 2:
The Jonestown Death Tape (FBI No. Q 042) 2 of 2 -WARNING-
www.youtube.com...

Also,
Jim Jones & Jonestown Doomsday Cult
www.youtube.com...

It seems PBS will be airing a documentary on Jim Jones, the People's Temple and what happened in Jonestown.
April 9th at 9pm ET
(check your local listings).

Prior threads on ATS:

Jonestown Massacre video footage

Was Jim Jones of Koolaid Fame a victim of MK-ULTRA?

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
thanks, im sure it will help for finding info about it...but i wanted to also get other peoples opinions on thise story..but thanks..ill checkall the links you provided me with.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sifer
does any one know the truth about jones town...what was the cause of him forming the cult, wut jones was trying to do?any informATION YOU KNOW ANY CONSPIRICIES ABOUT THISE TOPIC?

I've got a Conspiracy book at home, and it had three views on Jones:

1. He was a C.I.A agent and, to reasons largely unknown to others, initiated the massacre at Jonestown and escaped, helped by fellow C.I.A colleagues.

2. He was a Monarch slave and, either due to faulty mental 'programming' or an initated 'death sequence', went insane/paranoid and ordered the massacre at Jonestown, dying with his cultists.

3. He was a leader of a cult in South America and, due to the pressure of running the cult and other factors, went insane and ordered the massacre to be carried out.

Anyway that's just my 2 cents.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I agree with the theory that he was either an agent, or patsy for the CIA.

Food for thought

I'm pretty much on-board with this idea.

Lex

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I've read it was a test ground for the CIA dealing with mind control, but I think he suffered from paranoia and it was made worse by all the drugs he used.

I remember seeing this on the news when I was a little girl and not understanding how so many could willingly go to their death. I watched the shows last night on the history channel and still don't get it.

Total tragedy.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I know it means absolutely nothing, but my girlfriends ex-husband is named "Jim Jones" and he is just the weirdest psycho I've ever met.
Maybe it's just the name, call your kid Jim Jones and he'll turn psycho.

I know, this was no help at all, but it's true.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
yeah it had to be some cia testing ground.but on the other hand he could of been mental.what drugs were giving to his people?

new topics

top topics

join