It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are the most powerful organized crime "gang" right now?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
The most powerful organization today and in the past are the Freemasons..from the government to civilians..they are worldwide..The most powerful groups are the ones not talked about that much.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Where I live it's pretty fragmented, we have italian mafia, turkish mafia, russian mafia, yardies, pikeys, triads, and traditional London crime families that I know of, I'm not really sure who is top dog, it seems partly to vary by the type of crime, yardies seem pretty big on the coc aine, pikeys seem big on car ringing, turkish and russian seem big on prostitution, London families seem big on armed robberies, and so on, but they all seem to dip into other areas at times.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
The Italian mob still has a lot of power, They just aren't as blatant about things.. They run legitimate business and don't beat people to death in the streets anymore(at least not as often..), but they still do their personal 'business' its just behind the scenes more so than it used to be.

[edit on 10-8-2008 by Raverous]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
ms13 is mostly salvadorans and is controled by the mexican mafia, i belive the mexican mafia is the strongest gang because they have the most people in it and is the largest gang in the world look it up.the mexican mafia is made up mostly by surenos, surenos are all the latino street gangs in southern california, surenos can be found in every state in the united states and other countries.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The Carlyle Group ...

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Well, the most powerful gang/mafia would have to be the New Olreans Mafia...

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86
ALL organized crime is supported and asisted by the intelligence services, who use them for some black jobs and use them especially for intelligence that they could not get any other way. Just like all major terrorist organizations are infiltrated by CIA, NSA, etc. and used to further their own black agendas.

Very well said. I totally agree with you.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
The Mexican drug cartels, the italian mafia, american-italian mafia, the russian mafiya and the yakuza are the most powerful and influential crime syndicates in the world today. Ms13 is not even a mexican gang, is made up of people from salvador and other central american inmigrants. But this are street gangs they have no foundation or structure to match the tremendous power crime syndicates such as the ones mention above. Street gangs have nothing against real organize crime. they just served as servants of fearsome masters.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to --Yea so obviosly this guys doesnt know anything about organized crime,the ms 13 maras are jst a bunch of un educated fools who jst get kids to join thier gangs, and as far as the most powerfull in the world that would probibly be the Russian Mafia,but as far as the united states or even north and south america it would deffenitly be the Mexican Mafia,these guys r the most brutal and well organized guys on this side of the planet!post by Vekar

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I would have to say the most powerful gang is the Skull and Bones society. They have members in the CIA, FBI, DIS, DEA, Secret Service, All big corporations and banking interests and in every level of the US government. They have more reach and more power than any single crime organization and have a semi-legitimacy which gives them cover to orchestrate the most heinous acts of war, aggression, and genocide and war profiteering. Their whole game is to create a "Fog of War" and then reap the profits.

Take a look at how much national debt has been run up in the United States since the Skull and Bones took over the tops power spots in this nation. Remember now that that debt is money in the pockets of those companies and organizations that are owned or controlled by Skull and Bones members. Since they took control they have as a whole reaped the grand total of over 3 trillion dollars for their various interests. All of this from tax payer monies.

Who is the most dangerous and successful crime organization when you consider all of those facts? I think this puts them over the top of any little Russian or Latin gangs.

[edit on 9/3/2008 by UFOTECH]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

First let me say that the C.I.A. is not a gang; however, if it were the numerous comments made on this site would, in fact, make it the most "powerful" gang in the world. If the C.I.A., according to you, were a gang they would have virtually no oversight, not because they are affiliated with the government, but because the people attribute classified information and mishaps to conspiracy. This approach, if that is what you call it, renders the people, those who have ultimate power over the government, powerless because they wish to hide within the confines of their laptop computers.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
This one is easy! Bush/Cheney/Haliburton for sure! Crap, who's that banging on my.....

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The Colombian Drug Network is definitely one of the most violent, most globalized, and BY FAR the richest Organized Crime group in the world. One of the most famous Colombian drug dealers, Pablo Escobar, makes Al Capone look like a shoplifter. Pablo Escobar had more money in the 1980's than Donald Trump has today, no joke. Escobar was a multibillionaire, and he was not even the top boss. It was some guy who was the father of the Ochoa brothers, and very little is actually known about him since he always played behind the scenes. The Colombian Drug Cartels were way more violent and had more money than the Italian Mafia could ever dream of, and if you dont believe me watch the documentary "Cocaine Cowboys". We're talking here about a Crime group that has ties to pretty much every other Crime/terrorist group in the world, Yakuza, Russians, Al-Qaeda you name it.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
This was a thread that had promise, now all it's done it turned into the usual bunch of non-factual statements and theories.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I thought you meant congress.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by racerzeke

Honestly I have members in organized crime in my family nearly half of them from what they have told me that the italian mafia is formed a ally ship with the irish and russian mafia well thats mainly why u don't here about any irish or russian or italian mafia family's is because they all conduct their bussiness together qietly but there 100 times more powerfull than they were before an ms 13 r just puppets they would not # with any of those mafias because they be comepletly destroyed trust me i know

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Mafias are just like gangs on a more sophisticated level, they each hold their own turfs and are more powerful in certain areas of the world than in others.. For instance, if you lived in an area highly populated with Asians, expect the Triads to be in control.. If you live in an area with a high amount of Russians expect them to run the local crime rackets.. its more about population than anything else.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

see that where your wrong the sils and the 5 families have ties and money go back over the last century and beyond. Some of which is still hidden to this day. Escobar as rich as he was had quick money from his trades with the triads and Americans but the 5 don't they sit back and let Escobar make this huge wave and when he was arrested and they took close 28 billion from his foreign accts, they laughed as they know that the bulk of there money is tied up in legit families and legit companies! also they are way more organized and have been sitting on 1 trillion dollar surplus for over 50 years! something no one else has done other the Illuminati and the free masons (as well the American government, which was and every so often is still controlled by the free masons)

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by racerzeke

ms is not the strongest gang in the us ms 13 uses 13 becomes it is controoled by the mexican mafia , a gang that modeled it self after the italian mob and its rise got help from the gambino family in the 60s mexican mafia took over contooling asmost every hispanic gang , the are powerful in prison as outside and the mob new that thats why the helped in return for protection in prison and gettho places they could not gennerally operate in but soon the mafia become so powerful it changelled the mob and after the FBI targeted and soon destroyed the mob the mexican mafia took its place controoliing sureno gangster and havin a srtong hold in prison most gangs pay tribute to the mob because they fear when trhey enter prison they will die including ms they controll 50,000 gangsters on the streets now only in us they are the most powerful ultra briutle makes them a super us threat dough they support a small pieace of what is left of the italian mob the are more powerful , face it italian mob is gone and ms is 13 because m is the 13 letter in the alphbate in mexican satrates with m and another name for the gang is la eme

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join