It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are the most powerful organized crime "gang" right now?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
The Sopranos would win.

I think that Chris Moltasanti and Pauly Walnuts proved that in that one episode then they handled that Russian in the woods.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
MS-13 are much more likley to attack for no reason, but don't worry to much as long as you don't live in there neighborhood or are an easy target thier chumps. i had one sayin he was ganna shoot us a couple of months ago after we bounced em out of the club. As for most powerful organized crime right now it depends where you are. Anywhere on the east coast its ganna be La Cosa Nostra, the less you hear about them in the news, the better job their doing.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
ALL organized crime is supported and asisted by the intelligence services, who use them for some black jobs and use them especially for intelligence that they could not get any other way. Just like all major terrorist organizations are infiltrated by CIA, NSA, etc. and used to further their own black agendas. There are NO terrorist cells of any magnitude that are not watched, used, manipulated and directed by the highers ups in the big picture.

Train bombing in Spain? Intelligence services all over it. London tube bombing ? MI6 all over it, with ' coincidental ' ' practice games ' being run on the same day and AT THE EXACT SAME LOCATIONS" Exact same locations, repeat that until it dawns on you that the odds are so far out that this could be innocent that it staggers the mind.

Virtually all terror ' attacks ' have been either well known in advance ( 9-11 ) or later proof is shown that intelligence services have a major part in it all. they stage manage these things to support the political results desired by the cabal, thats all. It is a team effort; the higher up conspirators direct the black bag boys to give them a reason for repressive laws, and voila! We get an attack!

Need to push some Senators into signing the Patriot Act? Just have some anthrax sent out and that takes care of dissenters! And of course stall any investigations that may crop us; deny and lie and cover and stall; that is the mantra of the Bush regime and no doubt the Neocons are behind every dirty trick and evil deed we see these days.

But of course America is gone already; the writing is on the wall and all one can do is try and get enough money together to be able to flee when it gets really bad, in the near future, after Cheney's next false flag attack on our soil allows them to suspend the Constitution and impose martial law. This is their goal for America, this is their dream for us: to hand the entire nation over to their global bosses and earn their fortunes as they promised they would.

This nation is sick, sick , sick and we do not need a doctor to give us a pill, we need an amputation of the head of this beast before it snaps our heads off. It is hard to be optimistic in a place like this; the people are for the most part ignorant of reality and willfully so. Hard to effect change when the slaves are happy.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The pharmaceutical, chemical, and petroleum triple threat cartel has, far and away, the most resources and the greatest influence. Wanna talk about a big stick, they have the armed forces of the United States, in addition to European mercenaries and a whole host of law enforcement personnel. They have the prison system for God's sake - other gangs just have small clusters inside prisons, but these guys have the prisons themselves, along with the fealty of the guards and the army of prosecutors and judges that send people up river in the first place.

They have the biggest bunch of soldiers, the best armed soldiers, the best support crew and more money than every other criminal organization on the planet put together (I'd wager).

They're the only truly global cartel, and they are so entrenched in the lives of Western culture, they're inseparable from the culture. Most people just have to look around their living room to see hundreds of the cartel's products.

They control the government to such an extent that they've managed to make THEIR drugs legal, while criminalizing the drugs sold by others. Between packaging and additives, they're in or around practically everything.

Russian gangsters might seem particularly brutal and efficient, when compared to the Italians or even the Japanese, but compared to the real Bosses they've got nothing. Who would win, Dow or the Russian outfits?

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Ok, so my question is this: How does a gang such as MS13 grow to such large numbers in the US? There are police everywhere. Stop them, arrest them, shoot them...whatever! If they (MS13) are here illegally, and are only here for crime to begin with, then the gang-bangers wouldn't exactly be missed as a part of society. I once heard a stand-up comedian say "give them all guns and let the problem fix itself." Sounds good. No, sounds more than good. How about being a semi-productive member of society? How about keeping them out to begin with? The US is too politically correct to profile people in that manner unfortunately. When you look at things like this, "what's the solution" is a better question than who is more powerful.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
R u Kidding me just because one guy goes away u think the american italian mafia is not as strong. these other so called organized crime gangs are nothing last year alone the american italian mafia made over 50 billion dollars if u dont hear anything about them they are doing there job. The only reason u heard about john gotti cause he loved being in the papers. They are still in vegas movie industry and in politics u just dont hear about nothing.In the us the Fbi believes there are 400 members to each family thats not counting the people who work for them. Everything is a secert its why its called organized the italian mafia has been around since 1899 i believe trust me they know the games and tricks. Most of the Brotherhood people are in jail anyway from being stupid its a big deal when the italian mob is caught cause its hard to get them plus they are so powerful ask the fbi if ms13 or brotherhood are bigger they would laugh. they all know better then to step in the italian mafia's way. its all about money

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I think that the contemporary media/popular image of Italian organized crime is a distraction designed to keep people from looking at the real issue.

There certainly are plenty of ethnic gangs of various sorts and with many different ideologies, but none of them can hold a candle to the sheer domination and raw influence of the three-into-one cartel I mentioned earlier.

Wanna talk about who owns Vegas now?

When the Cosa Nostra organizes a hit, it's a crime - when the business cartels use their influence to do the same thing, it's a police action or a righteous war.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I'm only talking about organized crime here not corruption, La Cosa is still and most likley always will be the largest/most powerful. MS-13 grew rapidly but that will all end soon. MS-13 grew because gang members were deported instead of being imprisoned and all they would do i go back to El Salvador and bring back more friends to the U.S. Once we get a comprehensive boarder security plan, their gang will desolve quickly. MS-13 is only well known because they like to chop bodys up (their infamous for their machete use) and leave them around. Body's get police attention and the communitys attention, which in turn brings heat on you and hurts your gang. Think about it in the newspapers you hear about how many killed in your area. You dont here about how many went missing. No body, no crime. If your a criminal correction, a smart criminal you dont want the lime light on you. How many bystanders are hit by mob bullets? NONE! How many bystanders are killed by street gangs? QUITE A FEW. The bottom line is 99% of the people that die as a result of organized crime were involved with something. With street gangs you see bystanders getting shot, home invasions in the wrong home, stupid UNorganized crime mistakes.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Not to be rude or anything, but the title of the thread is organized crime - and that's exactly what the domestic business cartels are engaged in.

It's more organized, more profitable, more pervasive, more dangerous, and more brazen than the efforts of any other organized criminal outfit. There's ample evidence that they take the title of most powerful organized crime group.

It's not just 'corruption' - it's organized crime, including all the old favorite rackets - fraud, extortion, confidence scams, blackmail...

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:11 AM
link   
it also depends on what you look at as a power....worldwide bloods and crips are an army....not a small army theres more crips then there are bloods but theres crips in africa the philipines pretty much everywhere oh and the way gangs get so big is as simple as people get ranked in.....and if cops just started randomly shooting gangsters we would retaliate...no question whatsoever about that i wont go into detail about it but i know some people that have the cops horribly outgunned and in most cities theres waaaaay more gangsters than there are cops.....i live in a town of about 32,000 theres 315 cops on payroll and from what the police department said in january theres around 6,000 gang members here spread out over 32 gangs....and i live in a pretty small town

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
A couple of replies suggest some unrealistic fixes: One poster said that the police should just " stop them arrest them, shoot them ', as if the cops can just see a person and identify them and execute them? Or arrest them? For violating what law? You are talking about giving the police full and total power , and that is a DANGER to us all. Cops cannot, and MUST not, be allowed to violate the rights of ANYONE, or NONE of us is safe from them.

And another writer says that ' when we have a comprehensive immigration policy '...oh really? Do you believe that there is ever going to be a fix in the borders? Yeah, right. The Bush cabal is determined to merge us with Mexico and Canada as it is. The Repugs want to get RID of the borders. Gangs are encouraged and allowed because they serve the purposes of the Bush gang nicely: Scare the populace into surrendering their rights so that we can be protected from the ' gangs ' ( or insert ' terrorists ' drug barons' etc.) and then make fortunes off of the drugs that the gangs move ..drugs that are allowed to pass the borders by the CIA and other black bag 3 letter agencies who crave the billions for expanded power grabbing and enrichment of the crooks themselves.

Gangs and organized crime are just the pawns of the elite and used to generate income, sustain vast industries like courts, lawyers, cops, parole/probnation dept.'s, prisons ( and prison industries), and on and on. They are all part of the same plan, and the people in charge and ruining this nation will use anyone and any entity to advance their goals.

Organized crime? The Government of the USA as it is currently being run by the Bush crime family, is a racketeering enterprise of the highest order and the most dangerous and deadly criminal element ever seen in history. Under the illegal Bush doctrines, the body count is already over ONE MILLION since he took office ( and I mean TOOK ). Compare that with the M-13 or the Cosa Nostra or the Russians or Yakuza. The body count will keep climbing until the real masters of this world have finished their plans. By then , the world should be a place we might very well not want to live in. And all because of the 20%. So sad.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
sierra club and other ecoterrorist groups.

Thanks to millions of dollars spent on publicity campaigns, many otherwise intelligent discerning Americans actually believe the environmental industry are good guys.

It is one of the greatest cons in history.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I would say all those are very good and very powerful... BUt If you look up brazil's gang THE PCC. They are the only gand that I have hear of that can shut down the third largest city in the world..... That is powerful .. they control; prisons

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by corsig

i just watched that too.
it sure did paint them as a major player at least....

oh, sorry but lol at dude calling himself a 'banger' on the first page....

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I don't know if this would count, but the Hells Angels have gotta be ranked pretty high.I know they are a biker gang,but they do alot like gun running,drugs,extortion,etc.Plus they have members worldwide.

[edit on 27-12-2007 by crowpruitt]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
If government wanted to take out the gangs, they could easily nuke them out, right?

[edit on 27-12-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
most powerfull gang its the mexican mafia which controls ms-13 and sureños
who are also associated with the cartels

i think the most powerful street gang are the sureños por than ms13

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ProjectChaos

Yeah but one of the FBI's most wanted in the world is James '' Whitey'' Bulger for 19 counts of murder and RICO charges and he ran boston for 30 years and he's Irish.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
aryan brotherhood and ms13 are the most dangerous gangs in the world.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
aryan brotherhood and ms13 are the most dangerous gangs in the world.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join