It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are the most powerful organized crime "gang" right now?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I've always had a fascination with the mafia, and up until John Gotti was sent to jail they were the top, right? Now with Gotti gone you dont really hear about people who accidentally ran over a Mafia members child disappearing anymore...

Now I see these shows on TV saying that like MS13 and Aryan Union are the top dogs, and that the Mafia wont even mess with them. I dont know why but I still want to believe the mafia is on top

By no means do I support what they do to people, but I'm just so interested in the Mafia, I dont want them to be overtake by some little wannabe gang!

(maybe because I love Scarface and the Godfather
)

Who do you think is the most powerful gang nowadays?

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
From what i've seen MS13 is so called (probably the same documentary you might've seen) "one of the most dangerous gangs".

But one with the most influence? I doubt it.

Quantity =/= Quality

As for which one would?
I don't know, but as I don't really know much about

MS13 is the only crap I read about nowadays anyway.

[edit on 12/3/07 by -0mega-]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Do you mean worldwide or in the US?

Worldwide, the flavors of Mafia are still the most influential and widespread. Especialy since the disbanding of the USSR, the Russian mob has gained power at an alarming rate.

Flavors of Mafia to me are Italian Mob, Russian Mob and Yakuza (and some others). They have ties high up the foodchains and are all active worldwide, they are active in the classic mafia type pastimes, slave trading (which is actualy just an extension of the oldschool nightclub and pimping rings that have been part of mafia activities from the start) and even some deep deep influences with some high level, worldwide corporations.

Next in line are the drug cartels, who also have tentacles worldwide, but they are only interested in laundering drugmoney and keeping their distribution networks going.

Gangs like MS13 are simply violent and lack any and all quality and sophistication to make them any more then mercinaries for the higher level organised crime.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
yea ms 13 is the most dangerous these days ive allways been fascinated by gangs i used to read allot about them

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Heres some irony:
I lived in the South Pacific for almost four years, during that time I met people from ALL OVER the world, Iranians, Israeli, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Taiwan, Malaysia and so on. What was so ammusing about this was the fact that on the island I was on there was: Chinese mafia, Russian mafia, Yakuza and who knows what else. It was always ironic how in the paper every other week some foreigner from X nation (China, Japan, etc) was found dead, either shot in some back alley or stabbed to death in a parking lot.
During my time there I also met a guy from Boston whos father had been shot in the knee by the mafia as a warning not to speak about whatever it was he saw.
Mafias are still tough, just dissoganized anymore, these new neo-nazi extremists though are gaining ground fast when it comes to power, they ARE working with the KKK now remember? There was something on TV about this a year ago, Neo-nazis and KKK all united and formed an alliance, go figure right? Birds of a feather...
Number wise MS13 is supposed to be HUGE! Over 20,000 members in some cities, all foreign illegals... hehhehh. Those NATIVE to the USA though are rather small, but never underestimate their power. I still think it would be nice to just force an all out total war between the MS13 and the neo-nazis and their KKK allies and then after they rip on each other use the military and SWAT to do mop-up on whatever is still standing if anything at all. I say that because during an all out war like that we would find out who their supporters are and FAST, they would all crawl out of the woodworks to keep the home fires burning while the other side throws buckets of water on it.
By far though the most under-reported today is the Mafia even though as others have said: they litterly OWN Russia. I would say the Russian mafia makes the MS13 look like a bunch of newborn babies crying for their mommies.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The CIA hands down is the most dangerous, well financed, and sophisticated organized crime organization in the history of the world. Most crime organizations affect their own countries, but the crimes perpetrated by the CIA touch people worldwide.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
actually it veries from state to state kinda...im a banger we dont have that much ms-13 here in new mexico we have surenos but here in new mexico us old skoolers are the largest we fight with ourselves too much to be the strongest but the bloods have a tight grip on stuff in texas because alot of the bloods and crips around new mex and texas are bacc or u.gs (blood and crip connection) and then out east ide say its the black gangster disciples...

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
who is ms13? I have never heard that term before? I would have to assume the Russian mafia is pretty well established and strong.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The Russian mafia I would say is THE most hardcore gang in the world, HUGE numbers all across Russia and ties in the government and foreign nations too. MS13 is a Mexican gang, usualy found in boarder states like Cali, NM, AZ, NV, TX and so on, not so much back east if at all. I live in NM myself and have never seen any MS13 activities on my end of the state but the Eastern and Southern part DOES have activity. Also if I recall correctly, someone states that to be an MS13 you have to of been in jail for murder and be 100% Mexican, which is funny since there are no 100% Mexicans, they all have SPANISH blood in them, no natives anymore. Talk about forgetting your past eh?
MS13 is also a newer gang in the USA, it has only popped up in the last 10 years or so as far as I can tell. It truely started though when the Aztlan people started to show up, that was the turning point for when we saw the MS13 importing their gangs to the USA illegaly and starting turf wars. The MS13 is also a highly racist gang, they are agains ALL non-latino, in short:
white, black, asian, ME, african, native american, european, ANYONE who is non-latino 100%. Luckily this limits them heavily and also causes them to have trouble getting allies, so far the Mexcan Mafia is the only SUSPECTED group to have ties with them. However as stated they are HUGE in number, so they are a very real threat for people in boarder states namely cities where there is large Mexican populations.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
but i would have to say....the "gangs" having the most impact seem to be the plo and hizbullah (they sell drugs they extort people imean they are just a really big gang) in fact if you go to you tube and put in plo the first thing that comes up is about a gang in chi town called the plo

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Are the Gambinos still up and running?

Also who do you think would win in a fight: Russian Mafia now or the Gambinos 10-15 years ago?

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vekar
MS13 is a Mexican gang, usualy found in boarder states like Cali, NM, AZ, NV, TX and so on, not

MS13 began in El Salvador.

en.wikipedia.org...

There are various possible explanations for the name Mara Salvatrucha.

Some sources state the gang is named for La Mara, a street in San Salvador, and the Salvatrucha guerillas who fought in El Salvador’s bloody civil war.[7] Additionally, the word mara means gang in Caliche and is taken from marabunta, the name of a fierce type of ant, the word can also imply to the notorious gangs of Maravilla based in the East Los Angeles region. "Salvatrucha" is a portmanteau of Salvadoran and trucha, a Caliche word for being alert, usually entailing preparedness for crime or abuse from police. Mara Salvatrucha is also commonly translated as Salvadoran Gang. Trucha also means trout in Spanish.

[edit on 13-3-2007 by Rapacious]

[edit on 13-3-2007 by Rapacious]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Depends how you want to quantify power. The Moscow based Russian mafia brigades are well organized, politically connected and have good representation in most European cities. Alot of Chechens in Russian organized crime too...people who fought in the wars against Russia. Very dangerous people, links to the terrorist groups, also widespread thanks to the Chechen diaspora. Also, rumours surface far too often about one group or another having access to radioactive material, which has to be taken seriously after London.

Then again, I have a very Euro-centric view. Outside of the continent, I would consider FARC pretty deadly, if you consider them more gang than revolutionary guerrillas, that is. They do seem to have lost all interest in Marxism and overthrowing the government...the real fight seems to be over who gets to control the drug trade. Something to think about.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
The CIA hands down is the most dangerous, well financed, and sophisticated organized crime organization in the history of the world. Most crime organizations affect their own countries, but the crimes perpetrated by the CIA touch people worldwide.

aww, damn, took what I was gonna say.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
An interesting thing about the Russian mafia is that they are not allowed to earn any money honestly. At least that used to be the case according to a documentary I saw about them on TV. Also, Josef Stalin failed to wipe them out. Both of those things speak for themselves. Having Stalin after you would be a step up from having the FBI after you.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

Gotta agree with this.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by justanothergangster
but i would have to say....the "gangs" having the most impact seem to be the plo and hizbullah (they sell drugs they extort people imean they are just a really big gang) in fact if you go to you tube and put in plo the first thing that comes up is about a gang in chi town called the plo

I dont think they are talking about mexicans or blacks standing on a street corner with a rag tied around their heads.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
MS 13 isn't really a gang imo. They represent what would happen if all the prison doors in this country just swung open one day. From what I've been reading, their M.O. is to kill people for sport. White, Black, Asian, Native American other Hispanics, they don't care. The 13 represents their control by the Mexican Mafia. The gang is from El Salvador and cause so much trouble there's a group dedicated to hunting them.

In gangs there's usually a reason (even if it makes no sense to regular folk) for whatever crimes they commit. MS 13 don't care for one.

This is why it's criminal what the Bush Admin is allowing to go on at the border, and given this NAU business, I know it's on purpose. They are enemies of the State as far as I'm concerned, and this issue alone is impeachment worthy. I bet this is partly going to lead to our getting a REAL ID card as a resolution. We'll be begging for it when the # hits the fan with all the murderers that have crossed over.

Off Topic Rant:

You know, I'm in my mid 20's and I've been hearing consistently about this beast system (world govt.), national ID card, mark of the beast chipping of people since I was a little freaking kid by all of the adults around me. I've never been into religion and never will be (the stories about the Devil and the whole mystical Jesus/God thing didn't help either), but this # is hard to ignore now, it's so in our face, and it's crazy to me so many are either ignorant or have their heads completely buried in the sand when confronted with this. These non-believers won't even CONSIDER the horror these cherry picked zionazi govt. officials have planned for them.

There are people out there who have been projecting the aforementioned signs of the end times for decades and it still doesn't penetrate. All because they believe this can't happen because "this is America." What the hell does that even mean? Every dominant republic/empire in the history of this planet has fallen. America is above this? Why, because we have electricity and we know how to blow this planet to # with fusion? America isn't anywhere near perfect just on the front of race relations and core values, a battle that's been going on since its inception, but it's above systemic Constitution busting corruption given said conflicts?

Ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I just saw a new special on the Discovery Channel about the Aryans in prision. Supposidly they are major powerful behind bars and now causing trouble on the outside with help of their members.

If you saw the show you would agree they are a powerful gang.

Cory

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
pharmacutical company drug dealers

they kill more and are less moral

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join