It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are the most powerful organized crime "gang" right now?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vekar
The Russian mafia I would say is THE most hardcore gang in the world, HUGE numbers all across Russia and ties in the government and foreign nations too. MS13 is a Mexican gang, usualy found in boarder states like Cali, NM, AZ, NV, TX and so on, not so much back east if at all. I live in NM myself and have never seen any MS13 activities on my end of the state but the Eastern and Southern part DOES have activity. Also if I recall correctly, someone states that to be an MS13 you have to of been in jail for murder and be 100% Mexican, which is funny since there are no 100% Mexicans, they all have SPANISH blood in them, no natives anymore. Talk about forgetting your past eh?
MS13 is also a newer gang in the USA, it has only popped up in the last 10 years or so as far as I can tell. It truely started though when the Aztlan people started to show up, that was the turning point for when we saw the MS13 importing their gangs to the USA illegaly and starting turf wars. The MS13 is also a highly racist gang, they are agains ALL non-latino, in short:
white, black, asian, ME, african, native american, european, ANYONE who is non-latino 100%. Luckily this limits them heavily and also causes them to have trouble getting allies, so far the Mexcan Mafia is the only SUSPECTED group to have ties with them. However as stated they are HUGE in number, so they are a very real threat for people in boarder states namely cities where there is large Mexican populations.

MS-13 was started by salvadorans.
Not mexicans.

[edit on 29-11-2008 by lucidclouds]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
My personal opinion is Yakuza or the Russian Mafia.

MS 13 is tough and international but they do not have the infrastructure nor the influence that either Yakuza or Russian mafia have in business.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
F S U

F**** S*** Up

or

Friends Stand United

Its a gang that controls the hard core and punk rock scene, they attack in numbers like killer bees. They started in Boston and have spread out from there. They don't do drugs or alcohol, but they are extremely violent!

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
l nostra aint nothing but a gang now a small one at that the gang that controls all including ms 13 is mexican mafia who are friends and allies with the aryan brotherhood and la costa notrastra orr itlaian mob but are far more in power there are 25,000 italian mobsters left in the us there are more than 50,000 mexican mafia members just in southern california alone the FBI calls them the largest criminal network today controling almost all hispinic gangs including 18 street , ms13, florence 13 , urenos 13, all gangs that use 13 say the are allined with the mexican mafia or la eme i the us they are the dominate gang evn the thefton don john gotti said the are untouchable due to there power in prison and on the streets the model them selfs after the iltalian mob and help there gangsters in prison in return for expanison in drug trade but are far more powerful then what now is la costa nostra a gang nothing more and by the way fsu is not really a gang but a much of kids protecting them selfs from neo nazi and fighting drug dealers out of rok houses

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
l nostra aint nothing but a gang now a small one at that the gang that controls all including ms 13 is mexican mafia who are friends and allies with the aryan brotherhood and la costa notrastra orr itlaian mob but are far more in power there are 25,000 italian mobsters left in the us there are more than 50,000 mexican mafia members just in southern california alone the FBI calls them the largest criminal network today controling almost all hispinic gangs including 18 street , ms13, florence 13 , urenos 13, all gangs that use 13 say the are allined with the mexican mafia or la eme i the us they are the dominate gang evn the thefton don john gotti said the are untouchable due to there power in prison and on the streets the model them selfs after the iltalian mob and help there gangsters in prison in return for expanison in drug trade but are far more powerful then what now is la costa nostra a gang nothing more and by the way fsu is not really a gang but a much of kids protecting them selfs from neo nazi and fighting drug dealers out of rok houses

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
There is this gang in NYC known as the ECT-117; supposedly the 117th extension of the gang which originated in LA. I have no idea how far up the number goes but they tell me like this.

First off you don't even mention these dudes. You will never know any of their names, because they use discreet nicknames. If you buy your drugs off of anyone else in their territory and they know about it they will brutally attack you and the dealer. They have the cops extremely well paid off in every area of their territory, and are allowed to distribute narcotics.

Their choice of weaponry? Often used military sub machine guns. I have no idea how they obtained them but personally I have seen AK-47, and a few really wacky subs one of them I know was German technology.

Anyways, I was lucky enough to check out one of their spots once. Beautiful place, granite everywhere, shaggy carpets, high ceilings, many, many rooms, and the nicest cars you can buy in the garage attached to the house. I was way over my head these guys were very mature, intelligent, calm, and organized. I was brought there because I knew a few people inside and was given the opportunity to start off as a grunt. I think I was brought there to believe I had the opportunity to own that for myself someday. I couldn't do it but it wasn't a problem for them. They mentioned that although I'm not with them, I got blood on the inside so the opportunity will always be there. Then they sent me on my way and told me to come back when I change my mind.

I thought they were going to shoot me when I said no.

Edit:
It wasn't all negative vibes; they smoked a JohnGotti with me.

[edit on 11/30/08 by blowfishdl]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by racerzeke

the most poerfulcrime syndicate right now is not the italian mafia u have to remeber that the FBI attacked and destroyed them now they are still around but just as a gang not remotely as powerful as they used to be now mexican mafia which controls ms 13 that y its ms 13 the 13 pays respect to the mexiacn mafia which are allies of the aryan brotherhoos in prison another powerful prison gang mexican mafia modeled itself after the italian mob in the late 1950s and came to power because of there help in return for protection in prison in ghetto places the mafia could not operate in the gang got full weapons money crinimal help from the mob and grew so powerful after the destruction of the mob they took power controling all hispanic gangs including ms the don john gotti in called them untouchable dur to there power in prison and on the streets the mafia as 25,000 members left makin them a powerful gang now the mexican mafia as 50,000 members just in southern california alone ms has 11,000 round the world 18 another gang conroled by the mexican mafia has 20,000 surenos have 30,000 another gang contoled by th mexican mafia the are the dominte gang in us but they still are allies with the italian mob helping them time to time biut way more powerful espically in prison where they are the nd largest gang but the most powerful even more so than the aryan brotherhood a neo nazi gang alliez with mexican mafia and loose alliance with italian mob because of the protection they provided john gotti when he came to prison the mexiacn mafia research about them are like godfather clean smart but extremely violite for bussiness unlike ms but they controle them so its cool even the mongol nation fears them another powerful gang that sid we rather be friends with the mafia then die in a stupid war

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

the most poerfulcrime syndicate right now is not the italian mafia u have to remeber that the FBI attacked and destroyed them now they are still around but just as a gang not remotely as powerful as they used to be now mexican mafia which controls ms 13 that y its ms 13 the 13 pays respect to the mexiacn mafia which are allies of the aryan brotherhoos in prison another powerful prison gang mexican mafia modeled itself after the italian mob in the late 1950s and came to power because of there help in return for protection in prison in ghetto places the mafia could not operate in the gang got full weapons money crinimal help from the mob and grew so powerful after the destruction of the mob they took power controling all hispanic gangs including ms the don john gotti in called them untouchable dur to there power in prison and on the streets the mafia as 25,000 members left makin them a powerful gang now the mexican mafia as 50,000 members just in southern california alone ms has 11,000 round the world 18 another gang conroled by the mexican mafia has 20,000 surenos have 30,000 another gang contoled by th mexican mafia the are the dominte gang in us but they still are allies with the italian mob helping them time to time biut way more powerful espically in prison where they are the nd largest gang but the most powerful even more so than the aryan brotherhood a neo nazi gang alliez with mexican mafia and loose alliance with italian mob because of the protection they provided john gotti when he came to prison the mexiacn mafia research about them are like godfather clean smart but extremely violite for bussiness unlike ms but they controle them so its cool even the mongol nation fears them another powerful gang that sid we rather be friends with the mafia then die in a stupid war

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Camorra have to be up there. Sure they don't have thousands of "soldiers" like the MS-13 does but they are basically running Italy and have turned Naples into a proverbial fortress. They also control the fashion industry and most of the import / export.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by blowfishdl
There is this gang in NYC known as the ECT-117; supposedly the 117th extension of the gang which originated in LA. I have no idea how far up the number goes but they tell me like this.

First off you don't even mention these dudes. You will never know any of their names, because they use discreet nicknames. If you buy your drugs off of anyone else in their territory and they know about it they will brutally attack you and the dealer. They have the cops extremely well paid off in every area of their territory, and are allowed to distribute narcotics.

Their choice of weaponry? Often used military sub machine guns. I have no idea how they obtained them but personally I have seen AK-47, and a few really wacky subs one of them I know was German technology.

Anyways, I was lucky enough to check out one of their spots once. Beautiful place, granite everywhere, shaggy carpets, high ceilings, many, many rooms, and the nicest cars you can buy in the garage attached to the house. I was way over my head these guys were very mature, intelligent, calm, and organized. I was brought there because I knew a few people inside and was given the opportunity to start off as a grunt. I think I was brought there to believe I had the opportunity to own that for myself someday. I couldn't do it but it wasn't a problem for them. They mentioned that although I'm not with them, I got blood on the inside so the opportunity will always be there. Then they sent me on my way and told me to come back when I change my mind.

I thought they were going to shoot me when I said no.

Edit:
It wasn't all negative vibes; they smoked a JohnGotti with me.

[edit on 11/30/08 by blowfishdl]

I'am interested in this fable. Can you back this with anything. I did a quick google of it and didn't find anything.

Also if they were what you say they were you would have never been invited and you would have said yes if you got lucky enough to be invited.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
most powerful mafia is vatican mafia ...... nuf said!!

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Vekar

ms-13 stand for mara salvatrucha and they are not a mexican gang they are composed mostly of Salvadorans, Hondurans, Guatemalans, and Nicaraguans.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   

I R A are by far the most powerful gang

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I think the italian mafia is the most powerfull of the world , they can even wack those mother#er gangs of Los Angeles and from everywhere

that's it no one messes with "La cosa nostra"

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The Russian Mafia is very powerful in russia thats no question world wide when it comes to the movie industry,drugs,vegas,unions its all mafia people think because you dont hear about them like when you heard of john gotti that they arent out there. its a good thing they dont be heard by the public yes the italian mafia isnt as strong as they use to be but they are still the strongest world wide. as for the craziest organized crome group 'Ndrangheta is world wide they control over 80 perfect of drugs in the world even the columbians are scared of this group. they are italians from southern italy that are all over the world now they work closely with the italian mafia. the russian mafia just control there country just like the mexican cartels who work with 'Ndrangheta on drug trafficing. but the italians are more world wide and everything is business to them they been in the game for the longest time they know how things work.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
"Today the 'ndrangheta ... is the most modern organization, the most powerful one as far as coc aine trafficking goes," according to the 239-page report released Wednesday. It is "the one able to obtain and offer deadly weapons of war and destruction."

According to the report, the 'ndrangheta has reached a "basically exclusive" control over coc aine imports from Colombia, forcing all other criminal organizations, including Sicily's Cosa Nostra, to deal with it if they want the drug.

The report also says the 'ndrangheta has developed "like al-Qaida, with a similar tentacular structure," and without a centralized leadership.

Over the decades, the group, originally based in the southern Calabria region, has spread to central and northern Italy, in much of Europe as well as in Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Morocco, Canada, the U.S. and Australia, the report said.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
in my opinion there are 3 top mafias in the world the italian (camorra and ndrangheta), the russian and the yakuza. in europe for example the italian mafia (not sicilian anymore there not as strong) but the others have a very powerful influence. i read an interview of a russian rat talking about the business in europe and he stated that there was no body the russians respected as much as these italians. its impossible to say who is more powerful... sure the russians control the arms trade and more but the ndrangheta distributes more than 80% of Europe's coc aine, thats big. the russian and italian mafia i would say are the strongest mainly because they work together. they have been cases of camorra in st petersburg and cases of vory vy zarkone in milan. people always think the sicilian mafia is all italy has to offer but even the FBI says that the new criminal organisations in italy have reached levels the sicilian mafia has never seen. all in all the russians and the new italian mafia are the most powerful.
my father is a criminologist just so u know im not talking nonsense oh and im not italian nor russian so its fair

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
hmmm i dunno if this is an old thread or whatever, but in response to your question, the most dangerous gang nowadays would be ms-13
however the most dangerous criminal orginization (fine difference between the two) would be the russian mob, although the chinese triads ahve grown to enormous numbers and is quite powerful, albiet not as violent. other dangerous orginzations would be drug cartels and alqueda i guess... but their different.
but a truly unheard of group are known as snakeheads, who transport PEOPLE
from parts of asia into other countries. these mofos are really something to be afraid of from what ive heard.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Yeah you never hear about snakeheads but I would think that they have a great business going and have friends in all of the major gangs. Sure MS-13 has A LOT of soldiers in the streets and probably not that much competition but what could they do against the government? The Camorra have big ties up in the Italian government, *cough* silvio *cough*, and have operated without any kind of interference. They own the entire fashion industry which has to get them some great money, own pretty much every cheap clothing rip-off store in most of the third world countries, controls the port of Naples which is one of Europe's biggest ports and have plenty of business friends in the Triad and Yakuza.

But remember that they don't have nearly enough manpower like the MS-13 do but then again they aren't a gang. They are syndicate. Just imagine a giant octopus and you have the Camorra. They don't need to have a million guys or control an entire continent. They have plenty of money and its going to keep coming. If they wanted to they could ruin the entire fashion industry...imagine
. Don't count out the Russians either. Russians are Russians and they have had a pretty successful running so far and its only getting better. For industry and wealth its the Camorra, manpower and influence MS-13 with the Russians / Albanians, Triad, Yakuza or whatever other bloc country coming in third and respective places.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by nastalgik]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
im not sure but, i know of alot of gangs from where i live and some are FSU aka suck # up or the bloods lol . Anyways
FSU is basicly guys that get together and beat the crap out of people who are being racist or homophobic or just disripecting someone in the crew. P.s.
dont mess whith those in FSU i know some hardcore guys who have gone to prison for fighting in groups of like 35 lol. thare hardcore, but they dont only fight at concerts like some people say.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join