It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 'Hints" Of John Titor

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
John Titor is a hick. Simple as it gets.

If you read his prophecy, it sounds very close to the militia man mentality that was popular among the cottage industry in the late 90s. He talks about cities getting nuked and about people returning to an agrarian way of life.

This man is a fraud.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
As I started reading his stuff it kinda freaked me out. The more I read into it the more real it seams...
To me it doesn't really matter if he is right about how we live after the war, or on what day between 2004-2006 it starts.
It is more the idea of another civil war and the reality of how it starts that I am worried about.
I do not currently have the time, but hope to soon, to find out how large the possibility is for someone to travel through time or to confirm how likely Civil or World War is.
It seams to me though that people are getting even more agrivated and heated over the election than usual.

Many of the predictions point towards Late 2004 (now) to Summer of 2005. Personally, I will do what I always do.
Go on with my life as normal, but learn as much as I can about the technologies of today and wilderness survival,
so If the time comes I can leave my home and survive to see, and help in, reconstruction.
As much as I hate the boy scouts, I love their motto "Always be prepaired".
I like to have a couple of MREs stored away, know how to quickly get to a safer location,
and where to quickly find supplies and weapons that large numbers of ppl won't crowd to (WalMat anyone?)

Just my thoughts...

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I initially was very skeptical about John Titor, however, as events have unfolded since his predictions, they have appeared to have lended credence to them. I now accept there is a good possibility(60-70%) that Titor was right.

We must however consider, that Titor's purpots to come from a different worldline, thus, even if Titor really is from the "future" the events on his timeline, may differ from our own, slightly, or considerably. Titor also mentions this, claiming our worldline slightly differs from his own.

As regards to time-travel: It is possible, once you consider, that all realities are quantum events interwined in the fabric of the universe, not the realities that are percieved by our senses. There is reason to believe, our scientists, engineers and government, have conducted successfull time-travel experiments; namely: The Montak project.

What I found very interesting about John Titors claim of GE constructing a time machine with some form of gravity distortion device, is the fact that a physicist, Henry William Wallace, of GE, did do experiments in 1960's to the mid 1970's, and invented a machine/device to measure and generate a gravitomagnetic field, with time varying properties. Wallace also has a patent for this device. More here: www.eskimo.com...

We do not have very long to find out, and when we do find out, we probably won't even care

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Wow, who dug this up?

John Titor stated that the war would "start" in 2004, but probably possibly wouldnt be noticed until as late as 2008. It is quite possible when you think about it.

Actually, it (World War III) started in 2001 (Sept 11th to be precise)...
We just haven't officially named it yet.

A civil war in America is pretty ridiculous though... First thing that'd happen is shutting down the internet and phone system, which would destroy any rebels organizing. Those that managed to do so anyways, would then be facing an army with satellites capable of reading license plates, thermal imaging, etc. Not to mention tanks, air support....etc. Ridiculous.

The only way is if there was a major schism in the military, but even then, with the established chain of command in the modern military, it's naive to think that any factioning would/could take place in an organized manner, if even at all.

I don't think it's so ridiculous. He said it would start with Waco-type events in 2004 that start happening every month or so. How many Waco-type events do you think this country is capable of sustaining before open rebellion occurs? Look how Waco alone caused tens of thousands of Americans to join militias. Despite the military powers of this country, the military is entirely incapable of safeguarding the integrity of a country of 300 million people against domestic militias safeguarded by the populace.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 06:59 AM
link   
John Titor ripped off many ideas from Alas, Babylon (Pat Frank, 1959). His story mimics that book to much for me to take him Seriously.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
John Titor ripped off many ideas from Alas, Babylon (Pat Frank, 1959). His story mimics that book to much for me to take him Seriously.

Not talking about the validity of John Titor, but the possible development of a Civil War in the US.

Haven't seen you for a bit Shadow, take a vaca?

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
Unless 2/3rds of the US Army just disappears, any "civil war" would be extremely one sided (if the war is against the US government).

you are joking... I am sure I recently read that a load of national guardsmen failed to turn up for duty.. you wait till this spreads and they'll be a mutiny

AHHAAAAARRRRR matey!!!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu

Not talking about the validity of John Titor, but the possible development of a Civil War in the US.

Haven't seen you for a bit Shadow, take a vaca?

Been spending alot of my ATS time working on my debate havent had much time to post on other subjects.

About a civil war it might be possible, but I think a revolution would be more likely than a civil war. A people vs the goverment thing rather then americans vs other americans.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   

About a civil war it might be possible, but I think a revolution would be more likely than a civil war. A people vs the goverment thing rather then americans vs other americans.

True, but the government is composed of Americans, and many Americans would likely stick with the government in the face of Rebs, Cessesh, terrorists, anarchists, extremists, or whatever the anti-establishment might be called. Revolution is more to restore the power structure with something radically different. The South and North had far more commanalites than differences.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I would hope most people in the goverment (military) would side with the american people in such a event. If not we really wouldnt stand much of a chance. Like in Titor's story with the shotgun militia that would just be crazy against a military enemy might as well use a pee-shooter. If the military has future warrior armour even most assault rifles wouldnt do any good.

A shotgun is pretty much useless if your not fighting room to room against a military rifle. Thats one reason why we dont see isurgents fighting with shotguns in Iraq. A AK-47 milita that sounds more real to me.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I would hope most people in the goverment (military) would side with the american people in such a event. If not we really wouldnt stand much of a chance.

Well, what happens is people choose sides, and hierarchal control is very strong. People have a social instinct that compels them to stick with the group they believe will allow them to survive a conflict. There is also the effect of propaganda and the concept of national identity and the requirement to maintain social order. Say there was a civil war in the States, the soldiers that stick with the Federal government don't see themselves as killing Americans but preserving order for the common good, which as we all know takes sacrifices ranging in scale from holding trash outdoors until you reach a garbage can, to taking down violent criminals, or 'criminals.'

Like in Titor's story with the shotgun militia that would just be crazy against a military enemy might as well use a pee-shooter. If the military has future warrior armour even most assault rifles wouldnt do any good.

His idea of the 'shotgun militia' if he was truly talking about a militia using shotguns as the common service rifle is a hole in the story. Then again pro-Titor types could argue that his worldline defines shotguns differently, or it's a turn-of-phrase, or whatever. They didn't address this in any posts I saw.

But, as far as 'shotgun militia' in the idea of a militia of armed American insurgents using less-than-ideal weaponry, say the weaponry found on the common market and improvised to include assault rifles, pistols, molotov cocktails, pipebombs, etc., being effective against the US Military, it doesn't sound valid as we picture the US Military.

When you think of what arms the US Military, though, you are talking about an international industry that is not in a centralized location coming together to produce arms, ammunition, body armor systems, lifesaving equipment, vehicles, armor, artillery, aircraft, and communications equipment. In the case of a civil war this de-centralized system could be disrupted, eventually reducing the US Military's equipment capabilities and possibly boosting those of the enemy. Then you have the possibility of defections (especially Guard units), spoils of Federal defeats, black market sales, etc.

The idea that the Michigan Militia is going to rise up and conquer the nation is ludicrous. However, if citizen militias spring up all over the country in response to perceived Federal abuses, which produce more conflict, and more conflict, until the percieved domination of the Feds is shattered and the balance of power comes back into the hands of local governments, you have an environment where both parties end up more equal, and it's suddenly not the crazy Michigan Militia with AR-15s, but the crazy Michigan Militia with M-16A2s, night vision, artillery, air support, medical facilities, satellite intelligence purchased or donated from foreign countries or hacked or produced by spies in the government... You see where I'm going.

The percieved abilities of the Feds to forever effortlessly crush a seriously motivated, angry populace are highly overrated.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu

His idea of the 'shotgun militia' if he was truly talking about a militia using shotguns as the common service rifle is a hole in the story. Then again pro-Titor types could argue that his worldline defines shotguns differently, or it's a turn-of-phrase, or whatever. They didn't address this in any posts I saw.

I always thought of the "shotgun militia" he talked about as a literal thing since some of his pictures show a shotgun in his car. Since he would have grown up in a shotgun militia that would be the weapon he was most skilled in so if he went back in time im sure that would be his weapon of choice. Which seems to be evident in his pictures.But I could be wrong.

I think a scenario like you described wold be more realistic. No doubt the goverment would have many enemies still outside america that would side with the americans people over the goverment. These countries would most likely find a way to give or sell military weapons to the american people.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I wish one of the Hurricanes killed John Titor
Then we would of never known about all this mumbo jumbo.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Ive just read ABT section on John Titor tonight, Id never heard of john titor before or his claims until today. Theres something really spooky and errie about it, possibly because john titor could be telling the truth, lets face it alot of what he has said has come to pass which makes it more errie.

At the moment im not sure if i think its all an hoax or believe what he's saying. The thing that sticks out in my mind and stops me thinking it all a hoax is that John has an high knowledge f Physics, time, and time travel, I also find the images interesting. if it is a hoax its not done by your usual joe blog who has no knowlege of science, physcs and time travel

another thing thats crossed my mind is that if isnt john titor and he isnt a time traveler, that it could be someone from the goverment, which leads me to think why would they bother comming here and making up such an elaberate hoax.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus
Are the Olympics still being played in your time?))

As a result of the many conflicts, no, there were no official Olympics after 2004. However, it appears they may be revived in in 2040.

only one way of finding out....

some of me wants to believe john titor, i also think many websites have grotesquely corrupted and misconstrued his predictions, thank you ktpr for presenting authentic evidence

are u forgetting that he said he was from a different worldline? which means we are similiar to his own timeline,, we may or may not have exactly the same things happen or follow the same exact timeline but in theory it will be close to his if not the same,, just picture sliders combined with back to the future,, and has everyone forgot about the story that someone recently was trading on the stock market about a year ago and turned like 800 dollars into over a hundred thousand within 8 weeks? when busted he claimed to be a time traveler and wanted to trade information for his release like the location of osama and the cure for aids

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I found out about Titor by listening to a radio show a month ago. I thought it was more UFO crap from the way the guest on the air was talking about it. But I'm real big on science fiction so I was curious and read up anyway, and although I'm still not convinced that Titor is real, I must admit that I was surprised by what I read. This wasn't someone who was hell bent on having you believe his claims, in fact, it almost seemed like he could care less if you believed him. If done on purpose, that character with that frame of mind would be the product of sheer genius. This is the product of someone who not only fully understands the human psyche and mob psychology, but has an introspective and accurate view of globalization, US/European foreign policy and the escelating violence in the middle east.

If this is the elaborate hoax that my rational thinking assures me it is, then kudos to the dude/people behind it because I must say after hearing John Stewart joke about an upcoming civil war two nights in a row I am really starting to think hard.

As of this post, Bush has a majority of the electoral votes but has not won the election. A win for Bush would give his administration the confidence to increase police state tactics under the guise of defending the homeland. So right now I'm thinking about all kinds of questions. Like, for instance, how could anyone have possibly guessed before 9/11 that the 2004 election would be especially tense? The 2000 election was odd but showed no signs of recurrance, at least in my opnion. Can anyone else validate this?

-- peace --

Kt

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I just wanted to add that the whole worldline concept as Titor described it seems really fishy. It's almost like a hook to make sure that if some of his predictions are off then people can fall back on the fact that our "worldline" is slightly different from his so people can keep his prophecy going.

Of course, the brilliant part about it is that from a theoretical point of view, if time travel were possible then there's a good chance that this is how it would work. It would certainly explain getting around those odd paradoxes involved with going back in time and killing yourself or your parents before you were conceived. It's just one more universe you've changed from an infinite number with infinite possibilities of existence, so why should you care. However, by that same logic, when you attempt to go back to your point of origin you're not really going to end up back in the exact universe/worldline you left either, so the people John left behind when he went on his mission aren't going to get their 5100. They won't ever see John again. Thus it could be inferred that time travel in the year 2036, with its lack of ability to lock on the exact plane of existance you would like to travel to, is purely selfish and could only be used for personal gain (since there are already other worldlines in existance where John does make it back with the 5100). Not only has John failed to mention any of this, but it would make his purported claim of a future civilization shaking their heads at us for being self-centered seem rather hypocritical.

Any takers?

Kt

[edit on 2-11-2004 by rev0x]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
What I found very interesting about John Titors claim of GE constructing a time machine with some form of gravity distortion device, is the fact that a physicist, Henry William Wallace, of GE, did do experiments in 1960's to the mid 1970's, and invented a machine/device to measure and generate a gravitomagnetic field, with time varying properties. Wallace also has a patent for this device. More here: www.eskimo.com...

We do not have very long to find out, and when we do find out, we probably won't even care

Interesting. However, I should point out that just as you were able to research that tidbit of information, it's not far fetched that someone behind a very elaborate hoax might have researched time travel and turned up with the same information prior to developing their hoax. While this doesn't do much to rule out John's claim, it is an alternate perspective and something to think about before you decide to use it as a premesis for a conclusion (that GE does eventually develop a working time machine).

Kt

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by rev0x
I just wanted to add that the whole worldline concept as Titor described it seems really fishy. It's almost like a hook to make sure that if some of his predictions are off then people can fall back on the fact that our "worldline" is slightly different from his so people can keep his prophecy going.

Of course, the brilliant part about it is that from a theoretical point of view, if time travel were possible then there's a good chance that this is how it would work. It would certainly explain getting around those odd paradoxes involved with going back in time and killing yourself or your parents before you were conceived. It's just one more universe you've changed from an infinite number with infinite possibilities of existence, so why should you care. However, by that same logic, when you attempt to go back to your point of origin you're not really going to end up back in the exact universe/worldline you left either, so the people John left behind when he went on his mission aren't going to get their 5100...

Not only that, but, if you were to travel through time, (think TimeCop) you would NEVER be able to 'hold' (as Titor puts it) the Earth for the trip.
Not only does the Earth orbit the Sun, but the Sun orbits the Galaxy which, in turn, is moving thru space... It's not a question of holding the Earth, It's a question of pinpointing exactly where the Galaxy (along with everything else) was (or will be, if your moving forward in time).

I'm sorry, time travel is utterly impossible and it will be that way forever. Or at least until we completely, and I mean COMPLETELY, understand (among thousands of other things) physics and quantum mechanics. I seriously doubt we will figure it out in 30 years, if ever. Certainly not after a war in which hundreds of millions die...

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlexJones
nah, a 2nd American civil war is ridiculous. the only possible "civil war" in America I can think of in the future will be when some of us who are actually in the know about the Cabal actually try to fight off the New World Orderlies when they try to create an NWO. But other than that I don't see a 2nd American civil war possible. And a fight against the system isn't necessarily an "American" war, just a revolution or something. I mean, this guy claimed some absurd claims on his site about the future like saying that we'd somehow advance and get peaceful and that there'd be no new world order when we all know that the Cabal/Illuminati has been planning this and they're putting out all the stops to make it succeed.

9/11 coverup, war in Iraq, tighter security, big brother, 'terrorist' attacks with no proof that terrorists actually committed them, etc. And if you haven't noticed, a lot more people in power are using the term NWO ever since George H.W. Bush infamously said it before the Gulf War about 5 times in diff. speeches.

the CFR confirmed on C-SPAN that the NWO is what Bush was after. everyone in the know about the Bushes knows about the Bush-bin laden connection and how they funded osama and the CIA got saddam in power and the gov't gave him weapons of mass destruction. they probably hid the weapons before the weapons inspectors got there early this year. George H.W. Bush was part of the Franklin cover-up of 1993 which was only in the washington post but no one seemed to notice it b/c they were probably too ignorant and brainwashed by gov't propaganda to believe it's true. I don't believe this John Titor guy one bit. If he's a time traveler from the future, why aren't there more coming?? am I supposed to believe this guy is the only one of the public besides the gov't who has the knowledge to create a time machine that supposedly can only go 60 years before or after the current time you're in?? come on, that's bs. someone will prove he's a fraud and I hope it's soon.

I somehow doubt you are the real "Alex Jones" if you were
you would know that the NWO is already established. As for your comment, your entitled to your opion, but wether or not this individual is from and alternate future (and I say alternate because we have the power to change whichever we like) is hard to say for real, anything is possible, when your not being lied to.
Perhaps he's just someone from the inside trying to test and see what we do with the information presented. Whatever the case we need to stop deciding wether or not they exist, because we know they do. Now we need to seek them, and well, I'll leave the rest to you, but when you hear of a movement, don't sit on your a**.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join