It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Why I fled George Bush's war" story of American soldier in Iraq

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   

I can only conclude that they outranked us and were at least at the level of first lieutenant or above.

That's very disturbing that commanding officers are using soldiers to commit crimes. Easier to excuse the young infantryman, who in the stress of a moment smashes a young woman to the ground with his rifle butt, than the organized execution of a planned felony on behalf of a group of commanding officers. The obvious inference is that they knew that only women would be in that house and commanded the raid in order to have a group rape party.

Did all the women survive the night?

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Well, I commend Mr. Keys honesty. I find it the bravest thing a citizen can do, speaking truth to power. We fight in Iraq today for Israel. We will at some point work our way into Iran as well at their prompting. Perle, Rumsfeld, Feith and Zakheim have controlled the Pentagon for years. A.I.P.A.C. controlls congress.They require a position paper from every would be candidate for congress. If your position as a candidate is not favorable to Israel you are marginalized. You'll be onboard or you won't get past the primaries. We hear our politicians refer to our troops as the 'best and brightest' all the time, they are in fact the 'mediocre and mundane' .They are pure fodder in the minds of our elitest leaders. When I hear someone announce that 'they support the war' they are in fact announcing that 'yes, I've bought into this genocide'

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Well, I guess it comes down to information. In order to make an accurate assessment of a situation then you need accurate information (or intel). If you are not being given accurate information, then how can you possibly make an informed decision or opinion.

Your positon on the war is defined by the information that you have. The soldier now has information that has made him CHANGE his opinion. It's all about perspective really.

Most of the soldiers have access to compartmentalized information. How can they possibly make an accurate assessment of the big picture. That's not their job I suppose.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Most of the soldiers have access to compartmentalized information. How can they possibly make an accurate assessment of the big picture. That's not their job I suppose.

I like how you put that, thank God someone understands how the Government, CIA, FBI, US ARMY, ect... works! The compartmentalization or information is how organizations stay in power with out accountability for individualistic actions.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
And more 'good news' for those war supporters out there. One-quarter of all returning troops have been diagnosed with a mental disorder. Great !....mental illness and more meds for guys and girls who will be seeking many law enforcement positions when they return.

rawstory.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Lightworker it seems that all you are managing to do is spread propaganda and misinfo around. if what you say is true, why dont you do something about it instead of complaining on an internet forum. start a revolution or something

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Lightworker, Strange how the truth gets labeled up as propaganda when it becomes more than the sheep can swallow. Truth is the only answer ultimately, stick to your guns. Nice work in this thread.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Isolated and unverified anecdotes from a disgruntled individual aren't necessarily the best source of info to use as a basis for an argument.
The truth is that the vast majority of those in uniform don't hold the same views as this individual.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion

Did you raise your right hand ?
Did you serve ?

Then, you have no right what-so-ever to talk trash about those serving, now.

Go back to your recliner, eat your cheeto's and watch some more anti-us propoganda.

Please.

Lex

I think u'll find that in this "free" country he has whatever right he so desires to "trash those serving". Not that he was trashing them, but hey.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Just so long as he understands that his right to trash those who serve, was secured by those who serve.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I don't favor this war at all...yes I raised my right hand to serve my country in case of an invasion to our country not going to another country to do dirty deeds. All I have to say is that all the guys I was with in Iraq and have been out ever since haven't been able to get a hold of their life at all...they've become alcoholics, they can't sleep at night, have problems committing, and have lost it all. You think our government cares about them? NO!! Walter Reed is a perfect example....how about we end the damn WAR and worry more about our damn country...how about the real issue.....america has sooo many homeless people throughout the nation and most of them are veterans...how about we help them snap back into reality.....If I was running for president I would pull everybody out of Iraq...let them take care of themselves..they're all grown up...let's fight our own war....corruption in our government...

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by harvosky
I don't favor this war at all...yes I raised my right hand to serve my country in case of an invasion to our country not going to another country to do dirty deeds.

Actually the oath said nothing about serving only in the event of invasion.

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I admire this guy for having the courage of his convictions and for doing the right thing. It should be obvious to everybody that this war in Iraq is evil, but even still after everyone knows they weren't going in for any kind of WMD's Dubya still has supporters

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Some people just love a baby on a bayonet. It's just part of the brain washing so that the ritual killings and the misery harvested stays fresh.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I dont think his recruiter told him he couldnt be sent over seas mine didnt tell me that and none of my friends were told that that guy is just got scared when he was sent over he is not a patriot he is a wimp if he was a real solider he would do what he sworn to do when he enlisted instead of making our military look bad cant stand people like that.

Edit for Spelling

[edit on 12-3-2007 by 19 Kilo]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Originally posted by harvosky

america has sooo many homeless people throughout the nation and most of them are veterans...

Very bold statement.
Got anything to back it up ?

I served in combat. I'm not homeless. Far from it, actually.
Married nearly 18 years, doing well, financially.

Please prove to me why others returning can't do the same.

Lex

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Protect me from what? Answer that. I honour the militaries bravery to do what they THINK is right. But what they dont know, is that the international banking cartels operating from London and New York fund and arm both sides of every war, because war is big business, and war serves as a great tool to advance their agenda for the centralization of all global power. Look at NATO, they have their own army now, what else is NATO besides the stepping stone to a world army!!

The centralization of power, also called the New World Order, this is not conspiracy theories, George Bush openly talked about a New World Order, they have websites like the Project for a New American Century where they explain this.

Its the people out there who dont do their research, and just believe the official spin and go along with all of this, they are the problem, if you really wanna get down to it.

And I am not spreading propaganda, I am simply putting out a different view point of this damn reality we live in, that just happens to go against the accepted norms, so be it.

I honour the troops simply for having courage. Thats it. They dont protect me from anything, 911 was an inside job by the way, and it was outlined in the PNAC documents as the excuse needed to start the wars.

I have personally already have had a troop threaten to kill me, because I had a different view of the war then they did, this really happened, it happened on a bus. Yes I really feel protected. I personally think thats very dangerous, and as a matter of fact, let me go on the record as saying this:

We live in a psycho-fascist state.

How we controlled is through psychological fascism. Control of the mind, thats what government actually means.

Govern comes from the Latin word Gubernare, and the greek word Kuberman meaning "to control"

In latin, "mente" simply means "mind".

So government literally means "control of the mind".

Psycho-fascism, it must be stopped...

[edit on 12-3-2007 by LightWorker13]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Senseless stupid bogus WOT....

Abu Ghraib torture & murders

Raping of young girls and then murdering them & their families

Busting people's homes apart & leaving them destitute

Killing coalition troops through so called "friendly fire"

Occupying a foreign land under the guise of coming to liberate them and rebuild the infrastructure

and now I see throwing incendiary devices from vehicles at sheep and having a good laugh about it...that is sooooooooo funny......NOT

One certainly questions the psychological state US military personnel when we see and hear of these things (whether they are true or not...we aren't there we just know what we are told). What sort of freaks are these people?

I am not surprised that more military personnel aren't speaking out about all this abyssmal inhumanity against one's fellow man (and the sheep). T

This type of stuff just fuels my opinion that the US military and government thinks they can bully and muscle in anywhere on this planet and god help you if you get in their way.

I urge all US military personnel to desert their posts and refuse to be a part of the lie.

Nice one America

[edit on 12-3-2007 by resistancia]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I second that. If you really cared about your country, you take a stand and learn the truth instead of fighting in some phony war cuz you think its your duty, your duty is to yourself and your family, not your government...

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Well I swore to serve the president im not the type to leave my post and lose all my benefits im not the type to listen to someone off the streets that has no idea whats going on over there. NWO will never happen because of the huge amount of diverse peoples, money, religions, and just all those countries who hate one another. We may get close but it will never be countries united it will be in the form of treaties.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join