It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Why I fled George Bush's war" story of American soldier in Iraq

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
For those who believe the media propaganda, and think that the US military is in Iraq to do some good for the people, here is a harsh reality check for you..

The story of Joshua key. What happened to make a patriotic, gung-ho soldier desert the U.S. army, and turn against the war in Iraq? You can read his story exclusively at this link..

www.fourwinds10.com

Here are some excerpts:

oshua Key, 28, was a poor, uneducated Oklahoma country boy who saw the U.S. army and its promised benefits -- from free health care to career training -- as the ticket to a better life. In 2002, not yet 24 but already married and the father of two , Key enlisted. He says his recruiting officer promised he'd never be deployed abroad, but a year later he was in Iraq. Only 24 hours after arriving, as Key recounts in The Deserter's Tale (Anansi), he experienced his first doubts about what he and his fellow soldiers were doing there:

I was awakened at 3 a.m. that first night and told to get my ass up quickly because in one hour we were going to raid a house full of terrorists. Capt. Conde and some sergeants showed me and my squad mates a satellite photo of a house and a drawing of the layout of the inside. Our assignment was to blow off the door, burst into the house, raid it fast and raid it good -- looking for contraband, caches of weapons, signs of terrorists or terrorist activity, then rounding up the men and getting out damn fast. The longer we stayed in any one location, the longer somebody would have to put us in the sights of a rocket-propelled grenade or lob mortars at us

Busting into and ransacking homes remained one of my most common duties in Iraq. Before my time was up, I took part in about 200 raids. We never found weapons or indications of terrorism. I never found a thing that seemed to justify the terror we inflicted every time we blasted through the door of a civilian home, broke everything in sight, punched and zipcuffed the men, and sent them away. One raid was far worse.

Then something happened that haunts my dreams to this day. All the women were led back inside the house and our entire platoon was ordered to stand guard outside it. Four U.S. military men entered the house with the women. They closed the doors. We couldn't see anything through the windows. I don't know who the military men were, or what unit they were from, but I can only conclude that they outranked us and were at least at the level of first lieutenant or above. That's because our own second lieutenant Joyce was there, and his presence did not deter them.

It struck me then that we, the American soldiers, were the terrorists. We were terrorizing Iraqis. Intimidating them. Beating them. Destroying their homes. Probably raping them. The ones we didn't kill had all the reasons in the world to become terrorists themselves. Given what we were doing to them, who could blame them for wanting to kill us, and all Americans? A sick realization lodged like a cancer in my gut. It grew and festered, and troubled me more with every passing day. We, the Americans, had become the terrorists in Iraq.

This is a powerful story, and must be shared with the world. Unfortunately, the managed media will never touch stories like this. It is clear that the War on Terror is meant to inflict fear into the minds and hearts of the people of Earth. It happens because we allow it to happen.

WAKE UP AND END THIS WAR!!

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
It's published and whatnot...can we be sure that this isn't a work of fiction?

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I kept hearing the last words [my wife] Brandi said to me before I flew out: "Don't you let those terrorists near you, Josh."

Sigh... she doesn't even know who she's talking about does she? It's just a good guys vs bad guys image in her head. Like a video game where you have to go and shoot as many 'terrorists' (anyone in a turban) as you can, and they're just going to jump out at you from around corners, etc.

Anyway this is a nice story and all, but as you say; it's not going to reach the eyes of the public majorities. The media can't allow that to happen because then people like ^Brandi might realise that her soldiers are actually killing real people out there!

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
What can make a gung-ho soldier desert the Army?

How about a nice juicy book deal?

It's a big Army, one persons perception of reality is not going to change my support for the war.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Okay, so I'll print a load of them off and leave them all over Ottawa.

A story like this would be passed to friends pretty quick.
Finding something like this randomly would help spread it too... more of a suprise when you do find it.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Well if you support the war, go fight it.

I wonder though, out of the hundreds of thousands of troops that have been deployed to Iraq since the beginning, why is it that everywhere I go, I see veterans against this war. I mean there even is an organization called Iraqi Veterans Against The War, which is very reputable by the way..

Everywhere I look I see people against the war, except for news of course, all we see on the news is the war is needed, and the troops are so brave and so proud to serve...

I think that the vast majority of troops are just as sick of being there as the people are of seeing them there. The will of the American people is for the troops to come home, now in this democracy that we're supposed to live in, mob rule, the people say out, ok get them outta there! But, in this light form of hidden tyranny, they send MORE troops in.

Not to mention the horrendous conditions the wounded soldiers have to come home to, the Walter Reed Center is symbolic for that. In some of these facilities, the rats outnumber the staff. Is that the way you treated your wounded soldiers, is that what you call support?

What about not sending the troops in with proper equiptment and armor anyways...they want the troops to get hurt, dont you see, they dont give a damn about you, the american people, the troops, and least of all the Iraqi people. Its all just a big facade.

Pure logic alone will tell you that this war in Iraq has only fueled the terrorism. Theres more threats against American lives now than there was before 911, your government gets what it wants.

Why are they shipping American industry overseas? Why are they letting foreign companies control key american infrastructure? Why are they letting in millions upon millions of ppl over the undefended border? Because, the people in the positions of power right now, have a plan, and that plan is to destroy America, and make sure that she does not rise to the heights that she is capable of...and they are doing a fantastic job at it.

They are the enemies within, and their job was to create enemies without, so that they would give the illusion that America is beset by enemies, and must defend itself with full force. Its the old "attack on grounds of defense" scheme. Hitler did it, the romans did it, now we are seeing it again.

Their job was to destroy the American middle class, and turn America from the land of the free home of the brave...to a bunch of lazy, dulled out, ignorant shallow couch potatoes...they have succeed to an extent im sure you can see that.

Someone once said, never underestimate the intelligence of the American people...the American people are dumb....dangerously dumb....and their leaders are running around rampant, causing all kinds of havoc, and they are all too happy to tell you that "you are free, and freedom is beautiful. Itll take time to restore chaos....and order...order of out of chaos but we will!" in the words of your president George Bush.

Ordo Ab Chao. Divide and Rule through order of out chaos, ignorance and fear.

[edit on 11-3-2007 by LightWorker13]

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightWorker13

I wonder though, out of the hundreds of thousands of troops that have been deployed to Iraq since the beginning, why is it that everywhere I go, I see veterans against this war. I mean there even is an organization called Iraqi Veterans Against The War, which is very reputable by the way..

Everywhere I look I see people against the war, except for news of course, all we see on the news is the war is needed, and the troops are so brave and so proud to serve...

I think that the vast majority of troops are just as sick of being there as the people are of seeing them there. The will of the American people is for the troops to come home, now in this democracy that we're supposed to live in, mob rule, the people say out, ok get them outta there! But, in this light form of hidden tyranny, they send MORE troops in.

Not to mention the horrendous conditions the wounded soldiers have to come home to, the Walter Reed Center is symbolic for that. In some of these facilities, the rats outnumber the staff. Is that the way you treated your wounded soldiers, is that what you call support?

What about not sending the troops in with proper equiptment and armor anyways...they want the troops to get hurt, dont you see, they dont give a damn about you, the american people, the troops, and least of all the Iraqi people. Its all just a big facade.

Pure logic alone will tell you that this war in Iraq has only fueled the terrorism. Theres more threats against American lives now than there was before 911, your government gets what it wants.

Why are they shipping American industry overseas? Why are they letting foreign companies control key american infrastructure? Why are they letting in millions upon millions of ppl over the undefended border? Because, the people in the positions of power right now, have a plan, and that plan is to destroy America, and make sure that she does not rise to the heights that she is capable of...and they are doing a fantastic job at it.

They are the enemies within, and their job was to create enemies without, so that they would give the illusion that America is beset by enemies, and must defend itself with full force. Its the old "attack on grounds of defense" scheme. Hitler did it, the romans did it, now we are seeing it again.

Their job was to destroy the American middle class, and turn America from the land of the free home of the brave...to a bunch of lazy, dulled out, ignorant shallow couch potatoes...they have succeed to an extent im sure you can see that.

Someone once said, never underestimate the intelligence of the American people...the American people are dumb....dangerously dumb....and their leaders are running around rampant, causing all kinds of havoc, and they are all too happy to tell you that "you are free, and freedom is beautiful. Itll take time to restore chaos....and order...order of out of chaos but we will!" in the words of your president George Bush.

Ordo Ab Chao. Divide and Rule through order of out chaos, ignorance and fear.

Hey, nice post!

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
well thank you so kindly

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Okay.

I wonder though, out of the hundreds of thousands of troops that have been deployed to Iraq since the beginning, why is it that everywhere I go, I see veterans against this war. I mean there even is an organization called Iraqi Veterans Against The War, which is very reputable by the way.

That's not what I see everywhere I go, I hear plenty of veterans from all branches that support it. Most people who don't support it wouldn't support any war, since they signed up for college money and benefits, not to serve the nation. Which is obviously the wrong reason, since joining the Army and not expecting to enter a battlefield is obviously a false expectation to have.

I strongly disagree. If anything, I've personally noticed a strong anti-war bias in the media. Probably rightfully so, since people love to hear something new and exciting, going against the man. But there have been successes in the war, and those have been reported.

Right. It sickens me, and thank God they're doing something to change it. I personally love Robert Gates, it seems like he'll do a lot to improve quality of life and treatment of soldiers.

Um...are you saying that American commanders want their own soldiers to get hurt? Why? You know that would severely cripple their own careers, to the point of court-martial? It makes no sense to want to kill your own soldies, I find your ignorance in this quote to be highly offensive and sickening.

Well...yes and no. It does instigate terrorist groups to act. But...I suspect that Iraq is somewhat of a honeypot. It may make sense, in my limited knowledge of this possibility, that Iraq could be used to draw out potential terrorists into action. You'd never hear of this on the news, since it would immediately be assumed that it was a waste of American lives (which is a strong possibility, but it's doubtful that most people would consider if it actually does save lives and make us safer in the long run).

Because it's cheap. Americans can buy goods for cheaper if they can be produced more cheaply. I don't see the problem, nor do I see how this has anything to do with the war in Iraq.

Who are "they"?

Really now? I think these people work to be couch potatoes, if they have they money, then by all means they should spend or invest. I won't force my way of life on anyone.

I don't think Americans as a whole are any stupider than the population of other nations. Their intelligence is vastly overestimated by many, but they're not comparatively lacking in that respect. I don't see how our leaders are causing such havoc either.

I think you're wrong and judging a whole based on a couple examples that you've seen. A common logical fallacy.

We're not a democracy, America is a Republic. Mob rule is dangerous because, as you said, the average person is not qualified to make decisions. Look at how everyone is swayed by pro-war and anti-war rhetoric, and you'll understand why mob rule does not cause any form of stability. The average person knows nothing of military strategy, and allowing them to make decisions on the matter is moronic. Do you think you could personally command an army?

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Here is a more powerful story that you should read. It's about another country boy. He too didn't want to fight in WW I but he did. He later became one of the best soilders to wear the uniform.

World War I Congressional Medal of Honor Recipient
Sgt. Alvin C. York, US Army

"So you see my religion and my experience...told me not to go to war, and the memory of my ancestors...told me to get my gun and go fight. I didn't know what to do. I'm telling you there was a war going on inside me, and I didn't know which side to lean to. I was a heap bothered. It is a most awful thing when the wishes of your God and your country...get mixed up and go against each other. One moment I would make up my mind to follow God, and the next I would hesitate and almost make up my mind to follow Uncle Sam. Then I wouldn't know which to follow or what to do. I wanted to follow both but I couldn't. They were opposite. I wanted to be a good Christian and a good American too."

www.medalofhonor.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Be a good American by going and blowing up civilians? I think your leaders have stole your eyes, if you cannot by now see the frailties that exist, and the absolute misuse of power by your so-called representatives, (the jurys still out on the Bush elections), then you will never see it.

Here is a quote from a major nazi, and Bush advisor Karl Rove, whos the son of a nazi, has taken this advice quite well and they all take these lessons..

""Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country"

- Herman Goering, second in command to Hitler.

"The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State"

- Joseph Goebbels, Nazi propaganda minister.

You think the United States doesnt engage in its own propaganda programs? You think we have a free press! Come on!

There is an anti-war bias in the media, my god, what media do you watch?

One thing even a correspondant in Iraq admitted "one thing about war is that all sides lie!" What about the fact that the government was suppressing dissent of the war by prominent people? Yea they dont give a damn if you dont like the war, but if someone like Ambassador Joe Wilson speaks out, ooo man, you are targeted!

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Thanks for ignoring my post. Keep spreading propaganda.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Well if its recognition you so desperately crave, I will give you some of my energy..

No I would never want to command an army, because I have advanced to a point where I can see the fallacy of war! Id tell the troops to go home and be with their families where they belong.

There is no reason for this war. WHAT DID THE IRAQI PEOPLE DO TO YOU?

Your president said they had nothing to do with 911. Many of government representatives even now admits that it went to war on faulty information. Many many troops are coming home with devastating injuries, and are being neglected. They send the troops in without adequate protection so they can get hurt, and no its not the generals, they are as compartmentalized as the rest of the pyramid, its the people at the very top, at the pinnacle of the global economic and banking pyramid who foment wars, especially banks who profit greatly from every war!

I ask you. Who benefits? Who benefits from 911? Who benefits from having war in the Middle East? No one at all benefits except the few at the top, it is always like that, and now is the time when the corruption is getting so bad, so out of control, that even the most blind are now seeing it.

If you look at whats going on in the world, and you still suffer from terminal naivety and think that the governments are there to help and do good for the people, then you can look at whats going on and say "what the hell is the government doing, this is crazy! Trillion dollar deficit, booming national and personal debt, outsourced jobs to foreign countries, what the hell is the government doing!?" Is it really incompetence?

Well, when you rise above that consensus, and look at it objectively, you will see that the government is NOT there to do good and keep you safe, they are there to dictate, to impose, to control, then you can understand why things are happening the way they are!

And its not all about profit either, that is a misconception that these people are only greedy money grabbers, yea they are greedy, but when you already make billions and billions of dollars annually, you have all the material things in the world, whats the next step above that? Using that power to control, its been going on for thousands of years, money is used to control! That is the purpose it serves! Thats why it was created!

If you look at the Iraq war with the belief that the government is there to help, you can look at whats going on and say "My god! Look whats happened! What a stupid mistake, I mean look theres civil war now!"

Well when you rise above that and realize that they WANT civil war...they want to divide and rule the people by pitting faction vs faction in manipulated wars, with the same bankers funding both sides! Fund both sides, you control the outcome...

THEY DONT WANT TO STOP THE WAR! They profit too much, war is too valuable to them, both to keep people in a state of fear, and to control and invade and reek havoc.

CIA black ops squads are causing all the havoc in Iraq. And even CNN admitted, I heard it clearly, that the death squads that run around Baghdad killing people and dumping into the Euphrates, they are being protected and managed by the Iraqi police, that the American Intelligence set up! You cant make it up, its happening all the time.

And dont forget about people like Joshua Key, and many many mothers of soldiers who have died wondering what the hell was it all for? Id like you to answer me that. Why? Why are you guys there killing people?

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Just a quick question, but before you posted your article did you try to find stories from other current military personal who believe they are doing good work? I am just trying to understand if you believe your article was written from a neutral point of view or not.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   

No I would never want to command an army, because I have advanced to a point where I can see the fallacy of war!
Some one died in a war so that you can be free to speak. Freedom isn't free it is paid for in blood. Those who serve are there so that you don't need to. They all joined knowing that one day they may be killed or crippled. The terrorists started this war and saddam supported them wether you believe it or not. Saddam also bribed UN officals and did horrible things to his people.

There is no reason for this war. WHAT DID THE IRAQI PEOPLE DO TO YOU?
Nothing and while the reason we went there was bogus giving them freedom is worth the price. Don't the Iraqi's deserve to be free. Most people in the middle east never in their history been free to govern them selfs. It will take a while and cost alot of people their lives. I would guess there will be trouble there until the people get sick of it and finally do something to make it stop.
Who benefits from having war in the Middle East? The Kurds are greatful saddam is dead and they living in peace for once. Of course there are scum that make a living off others missery and blood. They should be hung and burn in hell. You have some very good points but there are other reasons that have made this war worth fighting.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
No way I would fight for George Bush in his war. That sack of manure let us believe that the towers were took down by airplanes alone. Yet we see squibs and nice verticle collapses. Explosives were never entered into an "official" story as far as I know.

I don't trust his intentions.

Bush can plant his lips on my butt cheeks. He's not an American in my eyes. If someone can show me that he is worthy of trust then I might look at him differently.

Troy

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by cybertroy
No way I would fight for George Bush in his war. That sack of manure let us believe that the towers were took down by airplanes alone. Yet we see squibs and nice verticle collapses. Explosives were never entered into an "official" story as far as I know.

I don't trust his intentions.

Bush can plant his lips on my butt cheeks. He's not an American in my eyes. If someone can show me that he is worthy of trust then I might look at him differently.

You don't need to some body else is. They don't need you and you would more then likely be useless there. Instead of whining about Bush why not be greatful that there are men and women that would die so that you can be free. There are democrats in congress that are trying block funding that will cost our troops and Iraqi's more bloodshed. After the left was able to make so that we could never win in nam and pull out millions of poeple died in south east asia. We can't leave here until the Iraqi's can govern and protect them selfs.

Troy

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
break.com...

Looking at this footage also shows how some of the troops are behaving in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Tossing flashbang grenades at sheepherders from a driving vehicle for fun.

I would # my pants and think I just died if I lived in a warzone like Iraq and a flashbang was dropped right beside me from a passing vehicule.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Ive seen enough of the loyal troop stories on the news, I want to see other view points, something our "free" press wont give us...

I find it funny how everyone spouts out about freedom. We must spread freedom, we have to free the Iraqis. Are you even free? Are you free to do as you please? Are you free to speak your real feelings without hassle? I mean in everyday life here...? Are you free to live your life according to your HEARTS desire, and not by the standards of manufactured "norms"?

No, you are not free. You are not free to even drive down the street without the governments permission, yes the word license comes from permit comes from permission. It is not the worst form of tyranny, I know, but that along with a million other things, greatly limits your abilities to be in control of your life, thats what its all about.

Yet, orwellian double speak, they tell you "you are free! you are free! pass it on!" "oh we are free, they told us so, yay freedom, hey did you hear, were free!" And people actually buy into it, so they dont think otherwise. Well, everyone has told me we are free, so we must be free."

That has got to be the most dangerous belief to freedom. We are so dillusioned, we dont even know what freedom is. Do we really need to get into it? The phony elections, the related candidates (Bush and Kerry) the special interests that have bought out both parties which even the political analysts on the news like Lou Dobbs are ready to admit, the greed of corporate America, patriot acts, wiretaps, terror lists, everything, right down to the fact that there is no federal law to collect taxes on income...do we really need to get into all the details about how we have been sold a good of lies, and have had tyranny shoved down our throats while the tyrants flaunt around on stage, masquerading as our heroes and protectors, it makes me sick.

I know ppl here on ATS are intelligent individuals. I hope, at least most of you, are well-read and well informed, I know i try my best to keep as informed as possible, and my best usually suffices. I know the people can spot a lie when they see it, and all we have ever gotten from official sources is lie lie lie, so much so that we dont know anything else. We accept their lies as truth.

And even if it is incompetence, kick the bums out of power anyways! The are not fit to run countries obviously if they are incompetent! Donald Rumsfeld, why wasnt he fired after 911?? His job was to protect the country, he was the defense secretary, he failed miserably at his post, 911 happened, and what happened? He didnt even get a slap on the wrist, whats worse, ppl were treating him like some brave hero! Its enough to make the stomach churn...

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Are you even free? Are you free to do as you please?
There is no such thing as absolute freedom. That would lead to kaos. There has to be some order. i would say that we are free compared to other peoples.
Are you free to speak your real feelings without hassle? I mean in everyday life here...?
You just did. Have they come to arrest you.
Are you free to live your life according to your HEARTS desire, and not by the standards of manufactured "norms"?
I guess some people do but most people like to bitch so no is completly happy.
No, you are not free. You are not free to even drive down the street without the governments permission, yes the word license comes from permit comes from permission.
Do think that it is a good idea to make sure that drivers know what they are doing. There has to be rules on the road. You want me driving 90 mph in front of your kids school. Driving isn't a right.
It is not the worst form of tyranny, I know, but that along with a million other things, greatly limits your abilities to be in control of your life, thats what its all about.
Most people would not pay their bills if there was no consquence like having the power turned off or your credit rating lowered. What do you want.

Yet, orwellian double speak, they tell you "you are free! you are free! pass it on!" "oh we are free, they told us so, yay freedom, hey did you hear, were free!" And people actually buy into it, so they dont think otherwise. Well, everyone has told me we are free, so we must be free."

That has got to be the most dangerous belief to freedom. We are so dillusioned, we dont even know what freedom is. Do we really need to get into it? The phony elections, the related candidates (Bush and Kerry) the special interests that have bought out both parties which even the political analysts on the news like Lou Dobbs are ready to admit, the greed of corporate America, patriot acts, wiretaps, terror lists, everything, right down to the fact that there is no federal law to collect taxes on income...do we really need to get into all the details about how we have been sold a good of lies, and have had tyranny shoved down our throats while the tyrants flaunt around on stage, masquerading as our heroes and protectors, it makes me sick.
I stopped watching the news except local stuff about a year ago. It doesn't matter who's in Dc they are the same. I did well under Clinton and Bush. Who cares.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join