It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 03:09 AM
link   
This is my first post. I've lurked these forums for some time now and I've decided to register and share some information. A few drinks have helped me make this decision, so any spelling, grammatical errors, please forgive me. Take it for what its worth.

Let me state that I have no bearing on if its relevant, subjective, or if its just that I have a big imagination. I have been interested in the UFO phenomenon since I was probably 7 years old, old enough to understand. Interested, you know, where you look for books that contain the information that you long to find. I remember watching "In Search Of" in the late 70's early 80's involving the UFO phenomenon and even then always had a very uneasy feeling about it all.

I remember as a little kid watching the Barney and Betty hill encounter made for TV and it was almost unbearable.

My mom to told me a story years ago when I was much older, before when I was interested in such things, that shortly after she became pregnant with me, that a ball of light followed her home after she drove from visiting who is now my dad. She told me that the thing went behind the car, in front of the car, along the ditch etc. She was terrified. Once home, she parked the car, got out and it followed her up to the house. She lived in the country BTW. She has no memory of the ball after she got inside.

In 1974, on a vacation trip, we drove from Minnesota (where I live) to Arizona, where my grandparents on my father's moved to after retirement. We drove all night.

Around 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning (none of us can remember) we saw a light in the distance, like a star. It got closer and closer until it was right on top of us. My uncle was driving. There was a light shining down. My uncle thought it was law enforcement and that we were supposed to stop because of something that might have happened up ahead. We stopped and that light just kept shining. He and my dad got out of the car and looked up. In my dads words: "It looked like a #ing gum ball machine". No noise, It was diamond shaped with "The #ing gum ball machine" in the middle. They freaked out and got back in the car and stepped on it. It stayed with us for a while and shot off across the horizon. The next morning the batteries in my mom's police scanner and my star wars toys were dead.

My mom, ever since I can remember has always had to have a knife with her beside her bed, even with dad there. later after I moved out years ago, she has graduated to a gun. I also have a need to lock doors and protect myself. None of our family has any memories at all of abduction, But recently I had some strange things happen.

One morning I woke up and had 3 dots on the left side of my forearm and the same thing on the right arm. That was about 2 years ago. I just attributed it to mosquitos getting lucky at art. Last week when taking a shower I was washing and felt stinging from soap just below the left side of my abnomen, I looked down and saw a sore. It was dots again. a perfect square of 4 dots and a triangle below it. I am not kidding. I dunno. I have a degree in mechanical design and drafting. I am a supervisor for the drafting department of a company in our are and am totally sane. Am I being paranoid or realistic?

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigFinger
In 1974, on a vacation trip, we drove from Minnesota (where I live) to Arizona, where my grandparents on my father's moved to after retirement. We drove all night.

Around 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning (none of us can remember) we saw a light in the distance, like a star. It got closer and closer until it was right on top of us. My uncle was driving... (snipped) It stayed with us for a while and shot off across the horizon. The next morning the batteries in my mom's police scanner and my star wars toys were dead.

Dude, Star Wars wasn't released until maybe 1977? How did you get hold of the toys in 1974?

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Hello,

and welcome to ATS BigFinger! Your information sounds clear to be a UFO related phenomenon. These dots that make perfect shapes on your body definetely do not sound like an average bite from a bug. Unless, it's some rare creative bug... Unlikely. Have you considered therapy that helps you recall supressed memorys? This is what most reported abductees seek out to recall lost memorys of abduction and trauma. It would be interesting to see what an X-ray would reveal below the marks if there could be an implant. What these aliens are doing to you (if it is aliens) is not right, and you shouldn't accept it. Basically because, they are invading you without consent and assaulting. Therefore, it's wise to assume these beings are hostile. Though not a threat as your not dead or seriously harmed. I study this phenomenon and what comes best to my knowledge is that you and possibly your offspring and ancestors have been involved in abduction whether they know it or not. This is the case with most abductees. Do not be alarmed and try your best to remain calm. There are groups out there who want to listen to what you want to say, and they want to tell you what they experienced. Also, these balls of light are an interesting anomely. I cannot comment on that, but I have heard of it before several times...

Regards,
/7A

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Seems like you've been busted?(Star Wars toys) Care to explain in defence?

[edit on 11-3-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I feel stupid now. I could have sworn it was around 1974 when we did that vacation, but I remember I had a light saber you could blow up and it had a flashlight underneath it to light it up and a tie fighter that when you pressed the buttons on the sides of the ship, the panels would fly off. I guess I don't remember when Star Wars actually came out, but I was little.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Just 3 years difference, and it was a long time ago, it can be a difference of age from 7 to 10, both ages you are small.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I agree, it's an easy honest mistake. It's an interesting story though. If you're not against it can you post some pics of the markings? I'd be really interested in seeing those.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 03:35 AM
link   

I feel stupid now. I could have sworn it was around 1974 when we did that vacation, but I remember I had a light saber you could blow up and it had a flashlight underneath it to light it up and a tie fighter that when you pressed the buttons on the sides of the ship, the panels would fly off. I guess I don't remember when Star Wars actually came out, but I was little.

Don't feel stupid about it. I struggle to remember the exact details of what happened to me around 10 years ago.

Future tip: When anything significant happens again, document it fully with times, dates, places, witnesses, etc... Make copies and store them in different places.

The passage of time DOES erode some of our recollection, no matter how well we think that we can remember details.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 04:05 AM
link   
The square and triangle markings are not there anymore, they have healed up. They didn't heal magically fast or anything, but I just looked and there isn't even a scar.

One other weird thing I can report though is back in around 1991 I went down to a local bar in my area, partied it up with friends and had a good time. The thing is though that I went out kinda late and had a few beers but wasn't drunk. I went home, made myself some eggs and toast, ate and went to bed. around 5:00 am woke up in the shower naked water running. I remember putting on a t-shirt and pajama bottoms before I went to bed it was winter and cold in my apartment. I dried off and found my bed clothes in the kitchen. WTF. I was not drunk. Also that has never happened ever again

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Bad trippy eggs? lol just joking, interesting story. Dont know how that could happen.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Another time, about 2001 my wife flew to Ireland to be in a wedding (her family is from there). I stayed home because I had to work.

Some of my buddies and I did a self made darts tournament, drank some beers and had an epic time. I ate some food, went to bed and around 5:00 in the morning I remember waking up naked in the kitchen, my pajamas were on the kitchen table in a pile. I wasn't even close to intoxicated that night. That was many years ago and I have been smashed many times since then and have had nothing like that happen again.

[edit on 11-3-2007 by BigFinger]

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Sounds Odd, do you think its possible that someone put something in your drink? Was there anyone one of your friends who were only there those two night, suspicious looking?
LOL just a possibility, I have no idea how that happens to you, but it seem both time you went out with friends and drank, but that might have no connection.
It being 10 years abart, probably mean it has no connection, sleep walking maybe?

[edit on 11-3-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Hi and welcome to ATS.

Aside from the drinking and waking up the next day naked experience, your 1st post is believable, even though it is a personal account with no proof. It still however, is helpful to you and others.

If you think something, anything at all. There is always an element of truth in it. Have you ever tried hypnotherapy? Regression tecniques are also invaluable as it will help you to remember more and more.

Hypnotherapy is excellent as it will bring events that are blocked to the surface. You may even be fortunate to recount abduction moments. It is a slow process but well worth it. After memories are pulled up you can legitimately begin to validate your thoughts.
Be warned though, the issue of UFO and abduction experiences are well outside the scope of psychology and much has been written by professionals claiming they don't have the theory to deal with this.

In my 2nd degree I tried some memory lessons in order to improve my recall. In sum, when you are trying to remember something/dates etc you need to vocalise one thing from that time. It is a very powerful tecnique. And I do recommend keeping a journal and write down whatever thought comes to you. From there you can start to piece together events.

Unfortunately, the world is not all embracing so be prepared and expect some negative comments and scrutiny of your personal memories.

peace and all the best

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Don't feel stupid.

It is well noted that memories can be jumbled. The issue of dates/toys are not pivotal, especially when dealing with an issue from your childhood. They however can be the key to unlocking more memories.

I actually felt irrated when I read your response because you were responding to a petty remark.

Pedantism is a borderline neurosis.

Perhaps those who are quick to undermine your
personal sharing might keep in mind your thread quite clearly asks the question:

Is it real or imagination?

Oh I have just seen that this is a duplicate thread.

There is no need to hang, draw and quarter the member!!

Perhaps you could u2u a Mod and explain you have posted 2 threads on the same issue? Ask to have the title changed to your original one and send to trash the other.

peace

[edit on 11-3-2007 by NJE777]

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   
double post...

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by NJE777

It is well noted that memories can be jumbled. The issue of dates/toys are not pivotal, especially when dealing with an issue from your childhood. They however can be the key to unlocking more memories.

I actually felt irrated when I read your response because you were responding to a petty remark.

When someone is retelling a story and they are off by three years on an important event, it needs to be pointed out. The credibility of the story or person may be subject to scrutiny if they're not capable of accurately recalling basic facts.

It's certainly not 'petty' to ask someone to clarify the date of their experience, when there is a glaring error in their recollection by a number of years.

It's a far more petty remark, on your part, to judge a legitimate statement that was made to help ascertain the facts of the sighting.

I believe that he probably saw something and had that experience. However, I'm allowed to ask why he is at least three years off with his memory. That may or may not be attributed to some part of his sighting and could prove to be significant.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

Dude, Star Wars wasn't released until maybe 1977? How did you get hold of the toys in 1974?

If you want to ask a question then perhaps you could ask it in a direct manner. If you knew the movies was released in 77, why bother being condescending by asking 'how did he get the toys in 74?'

You could have asked in a straightforward manner without the sarcastic attachment.

for eg: 'Star Wars was release in 1977. You claim to have had toys in 1974. Are you sure of the dates?'

I commend you on your knowledge of Star Wars but your response was contemptuous.

simple

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by NJE777

If you want to ask a question then perhaps you could ask it in a direct manner. If you knew the movies was released in 77, why bother being condescending by asking 'how did he get the toys in 74?'

You could have asked in a straightforward manner without the sarcastic attachment.

for eg: 'Star Wars was release in 1977. You claim to have had toys in 1974. Are you sure of the dates?

I commend you on your knowledge of Star Wars but your response was contemptuous.

simple

If you don't know how to read a statement on the internet without inserting your own opinion of 'mood' or 'intent', then you will continuously suffer the same judgemental flaws that you have in this instance.

Perhaps he was related to George Lucas and had prior knowledge? Asking him how he got the Star Wars toys in 1974 was a valid question that was neutral, without insult.

Please, go and insert some implied emotions in other people's sentences, not mine. I didn't attack him, I asked a question. You were the one that read your own version of laced sarcasm into it, even though none was injected.

I ask questions my way. I don't need your advice on how to manipulate the English language.

If you took the time to read my follow-up to Big Finger, I also advised him not to feel stupid about it. At no point have I attacked him. I actually believe he had an unusual experience, which is why I wanted to know why his dates were wrong!

In case you miss this bit though - I'm attacking you for your prejudgemental strike on the intent of my question.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Perhaps he was related to George Lucas and had prior knowledge? Asking him how he got the Star Wars toys in 1974 was a valid question that was neutral, without insult.

wow, great defense, long shot but may just cut you some slack, eh?

Please, go and insert some implied emotions in other people's sentences, not mine. I didn't attack him, I asked a question. You were the one that read your own version of laced sarcasm into it, even though none was injected.

Hmm, why did the OT need to apologise? Why did he feel he needed to?
Perhaps he didn't catch on you actually thought he was related to George Lucas?

If you took the time to read my follow-up to Big Finger, I also advised him not to feel stupid about it. At no point have I attacked him. I actually believe he had an unusual experience, which is why I wanted to know why his dates were wrong!

You made him feel stupid, then tell him not to feel stupid. Work it out!!

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Yeah, I remember the Star Wars toys for sure. We went to Arizona a couple of times in the 70s, once on vacation and once because my grandmother had emphizema and was close to dying. my dad wanted to see her The encounter must have happened in the latter. sorry to the Star Wars fans.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join