It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I See Words In My Head

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Everyone has the ability to fully ultilise the holographic capabilities of the brain.. it should not be considered "autism" when one is able to do it beyond a "normal" level.

If anything, you should work with your gift, bring it out further. You mite even be able to apply it to other areas of your life. Being able to visualize things is a very useful skill to have i assure you.

For me, i've always seen the words in my head. Im absolutely pathetic at writing, and my spelling is still pretty bad (i was considered dyslexic at one point, but i got better). But im great at numbers, logic and puzzles.. anything which gets you visualizing.

I think the whole good at maths, bad at english thing is the result of poor teaching methods used in modern "education".. everyone is capable of being great in both areas, but evidently one gets left behind when you start school.. you work on the one your best at first, and then you promote that skill more (because as a kid, you do whats easiest).

I really do believe "photographic memory", also known as holographic recall, is a skill everyone has. It is something we all have, simply because of the way we are built (the brain is a quantum holographic computer, essentially).

Its just that some people forget this skill during childhood.. im sure kids could do a whole load of other "paranormal" stuff too, but conditioning teaches them certain things aren't possible, and therefore they don't believe they can do it anymore.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
I'm left-handed too. Just thought I'd throw that in as there might be a connection. Are other left-handed folk rubbish at math?
I'm left handed but I'm not all that good in writing stuff correctly, I tend to mess up from time to time on my own threads which tends to get me into Hulk mode.I think any artist should e good at math which tends to go together when we're thinkin' of size variations and perspective in our art.Another person that was left handed and was good at art/math gotta be the one and only Leonardo DaVinci. All his work revolves around the idea of knowin' all the aspects of art whether it's learnin' physics or anything else related to that subject.

[edit on 2-8-2007 by steve-o]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I know it's been awhile since I visited this thread, but I'm caught up, and there are several interesting posts I'd like to respond to:

If anything, you should work with your gift, bring it out further. You mite even be able to apply it to other areas of your life. Being able to visualize things is a very useful skill to have i assure you.
I've thought about this so often. I've an interest in occult topics, but don't most visualization techniques deal more with the "calling up" of objects? Unless I was using sigils of some sort, I'm unsure about how my ability to spell correctly could be helpful. But trust me, I wonder!

Originally posted by MAD Hatt3r

*SNIPPED*

It's nothing to worry about, it actually means you're quite smart.

There's only one thing to worry about, it could also mean you're bipolar, so I would get yourself checked by a doctor, my brother was showing symptoms, so my parents had him checked out, and the tests were fairly straight forward.
Seems you're no longer around, but I'll answer this anyway. A couple of my friends have suggested that I might suffer from bipolar disorder. I'm considering checking it out. Thanks.

Originally posted by ebe51
Question for the good spellers.

Are you any good with math?
I've notice that most spellers who are really good at it have a hard time with math. Ok, spellers seem to be ok with math, and bad spellers do really well with math.
Nope. Not good at math at all. Numbers make me break out in a cold sweat. And to be honest, I'd really prefer the mathematical ability over the spelling thing. Numbers are the KEY to all there is. I just don't think knowing how to spell "real good" is going to help me crack any ancient secrets.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ejsaunders
Just out of interest were you born prematurely or had any major operations (with general anaesthetic)?

Many people who were born 'wrong' (myself included) have 'gifts' that are caused by brain damage - for example, there is research that links brain damage caused by lack of oxygen or low growth to things like advanced visualisation (ability to see things in 3D in your head), photographic memories, and other mental conditions link strangely into having 'superhuman' cognitive abilities like being a polymath or that rare form of autism that causes brilliance in certain subjects (can't think what its called atm sorry).

I was born very prematurely, but have always been able to read extremely fast and remember what I read, and had a reasonably good command of the English language, but ALWAYS been terrible at maths.
Nothing at all unusual about my birth as far as I know. I was eight pounds, healthy and born on time.

wigit mentioned something called Synesthesia, and I checked it out on Wikipedia and other places. I don't think this is my deal. I wish I could see in rows and colors, lol! That would be awesome. All I have is a weird, uncanny recall for words. And freak-outs when I can't spell them right. I've had the strangest moments where a word like "bin" or "been" could send me into a tizzy.
Actual brain-freezes because I knew I was about to spell something wrong or use a word inappropriately.

So, no special abilities. Just nerd-tastic. I will admit something though . . .. Reading some of the responses in this thread has made me consider that I could train my brain somehow. One of you talked about recall/memory being higher for things that give us pleasure. As much as I love to read and write, seeing words hasn't changed my life, well, except for most of my friends referring to me as a Spelling Nazi.

Anyone on here with a real photographic memory or a crazy way with numbers? Math geniuses must see the world differently, right?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
Thats interesting. It sounds as though you have a photographic memory. I consider my memory photgraphic as i see words and numbers in my head to remember them

I agree, it sounds like an eidetic (photographic) memory.

Eidetic memory, photographic memory, or total recall is the ability to recall images, sounds, or objects in memory with extreme accuracy and in abundant volume. The word eidetic (pronounced /aɪˈdɛtɨk/) means related to extraordinarily detailed and vivid recall of visual images, and comes from the Greek word είδος (eidos), which means "form."[1] Eidetic memory can have a very different meaning for memory experts who use the picture elicitation method to detect it. Eidetic memory as observed in children is typified by the ability of an individual to study an image for approximately 30 seconds, and maintain a nearly perfect photographic memory of that image for a short time once it has been removed--indeed such eidetikers claim to "see" the image on the blank canvas as vividly and in as perfect detail as if it were still there.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Thanks! I'll definitely research this.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DunJinn

Funny you should think this way. I think it is spot on!

I am not really comfortable with math and don't care to even balance my checkbokk. Hence, the CPA that handles all of my business and personal accounting.

But, I love writing and am the consumate proof reader. Even when reading the newspaper. Our brains are just different and I beleive you are either good at math or writing/grammer/spelling. Or maybe mediocre at both.

I have watched my friends kids go off to college and one is a great mathmetician and cannot spell for a lick. How does he handle the written part of his education and which instructors choose to overlook it?
Canoy

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DunJinn

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I DO!!!! I only realized recently that it wasn't normal and I've been trying to find info about it, but the only things I can find have to do with colour synesthesia, not with spelling. Since I was a small child, I'd see the words spelled out in front of me. If I didn't know how to spell a word, I'd look in my "dictionaries" which were 2 books, one red and one blue, and I'd visually flip through the pages until I found the word! Even last night when I was watching a movie, many of the words were being played out in front of me.

Unlike you, my math skills are very good and in high school I would often look at a math problem and see the answer in front of me, but then I'd still have to figure out how to get the answer since those darned teachers expect you to show your work LOL!

I'm so glad there is someone else out there who does this!

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I was looking for something like this because I see words in my head and it's nice to know that others do as well. I do think it depends on how a person's brain works. I'm a good speller but there are a few words that I didn't know how to spell for a long time and I still see them wrong in my head when I hear or say them, such as bologna, which I see as baloney. Also I can memorize text pretty easy, even though I am forgetful about things I'm supposed to do :/
a reply to: DunJinn

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ebe51

I was top of the class in English all through my school years,and started reading at a very early age.In 1st grade our teacher asked me to help her out by helping some of the other students with learning to read.So i've always been pretty good at spelling,and i read Really fast.I've read thousands of books since childhood.

But i am useless when it comes to maths.I can do the very basics but nothing more.I would usually fail maths every term in the higher grades.

I don't know if i was born prematurely,i was an adopted child,but my adoptive mother said she was told it was a difficult birth.My bio-mother was out of it from medication she had taken and i had to be pried out with forceps.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: SarahBee

I have one word that bugs me no end-probable.I always feel like it should be spelled as "propable" and often if i'm not careful,i do spell it like that.Idk why but it seems the right way,spelling it as probable just feels Wrong.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join