It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Priests To Purify Site After Bush Visit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Priests to purify site after Bush visit

newsinfo.inquirer.net

GUATEMALA CITY -- Mayan priests will purify a sacred archaeological site to eliminate "bad spirits" after President Bush visits next week, an official with close ties to the group said Thursday.

"That a person like [Bush], with the persecution of our migrant brothers in the United States, with the wars he has provoked, is going to walk in our sacred lands, is an offense for the Mayan people and their culture," Juan Tiney, the director of a Mayan nongovernmental organization with close ties to Mayan religious and political leaders, said Thursday.

Bush's seven-day tour of Latin America includes a stopover beginning late Sunday in Guatemala.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-3-2007 by searching_for_truth]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Why the extra effort? Just because of Bush presence? Would that really make sense? This comment is most likely a politically motivated one.

newsinfo.inquirer.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-3-2007 by searching_for_truth]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Good idea, imo.

I'd do the same.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Well, I mean, that is their beliefs. Look, Bush does not have a very good reputation around the world. He is viewed by many to be controlled by corporations and aspirations of going down in history as "famous."

I don't say that I completely agree with the assessment, but, I do think that Bush probably has some negative energy attached to him. I really don't have a problem with them doing whatever they feel is necessary.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I'd scrub the whole country when he leaves. You never know what billionaire's rear end he has crawled up inside. I have no doubt that evil entities of every stripe and color follow him around whispering in his ear.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
There is no "Mayan" people....

Mayans died out a very long time ago, and where replaced by the Aztec Empire (Aztecs did not kill off Mayans, instead they just seemed to vanish) Why call themselves Mayan?

Anyways, purify away lil buddies.. to each his own.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
ahaha he's making some real good friends on this whistlestop. if the whole of central / south america wasn't leftist before his tour, then it sure will be afterwards

[edit on 9-3-2007 by Shar_Chi]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Oh really?

The Maya peoples constitute a diverse range of the Native American peoples of southern Mexico and northern Central America. The overarching term "Maya" is a convenient collective designation to include the peoples of the region who share some degree of cultural and linguistic heritage; however the term embraces many distinct populations, societies and ethnic groups who each have their own particular traditions, cultures and historical identity.

There are an estimated 6 million Maya living in this area at the start of the 21st century. Some are quite integrated into the modern cultures of the nations in which they reside, others continue a more traditional culturally distinct life, often speaking one of the Mayan languages as a primary language.

The largest populations of contemporary Maya are in the Mexican states of Yucatán, Campeche, Quintana Roo, Tabasco, and Chiapas, and in the Central American countries of Belize, Guatemala, and the western portions of Honduras and El Salvador.

Source.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
That's good and it's respectful to the land. A spiritual human being will understand why.

/7A

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Fantastic idea. Its like to going to the bathroom, you should always flush away the excrement as soon as possible. I see this is as a must.

brill

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
well if a mayan priest thinks its needed they must believe it.....

must be said I think I would be uncomfortable if I had to be in the same room as him and I certainly wouldnt let him near my home purifying or not....

I wonder if the vatican purified the mother of churches after the assembly of bush and co after the last pope died?

just putting some salt around my doors incase he (it?) calls in for a pre emtive cuppa.

Regards

Elf

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Mayans died out a very long time ago, and where replaced by the Aztec Empire (Aztecs did not kill off Mayans, instead they just seemed to vanish) Why call themselves Mayan?

Their CIVILIZATION disappeared.They didn't.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   

It's been addressed twice already, but I'll chime in too. The Maya didn't die out, they're Civ just collapsed. A good portion of Central American (and Southern if you want to count the Inca's) people are descended from the Aztec's, Maya and a myriad of other cultures that were around.

To add, the Maya Civ only collapsed in on itself around the 13th Century, so not that long ago.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Did you know that its Bush's belief that for every death he is responisble for, gives him more power and brings him closer to HIS God?

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The real reason is to meet up with drug lords and visit his land in paraguay

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
what a bogus, yet provocative thing to do.
Just symbolism, but in interesting way to show your political leanings.

And to think that Monica Lewinsky never even had her Blue dress dry-cleaned..
That in itself proves that Bill was a better man than George.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The cleansing and purification rituals are for the bad vibes that a person with such "violent" nature will leave behind . . .

Is not that Bush is dirty but that he holds a lot of blood in his hands from the wars he has started . . .

To much bad karma can bring the violent vibes to the places Bush visits.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

It's been addressed twice already, but I'll chime in too. The Maya didn't die out, they're Civ just collapsed. A good portion of Central American (and Southern if you want to count the Inca's) people are descended from the Aztec's, Maya and a myriad of other cultures that were around.

To add, the Maya Civ only collapsed in on itself around the 13th Century, so not that long ago.

Well aware thank you.

Last I checked however, Maya was not a race. It was .. as so many bright minds pointed out.. a civilization.
I could understand if they called them selves Aztecs or something, why Mayan?

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Coming from the same people that used to rip out peoples hearts for sacrifice

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Well, you have to understand, for a lot of countries around the world, when the 'Americans/West' arrive it is never a good thing for most of the people.

People have long memories. I wonder what baubles he is dangling?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join