It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bandwidth Exceeded!! Can Someone Help??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Hell's bells!! I've exceeded my bandwidth limit in Photobucket!! Now that's a Force 10 disaster! ALL my images on ATS are screwed! There's just a cute li'l box over all my images with this message ....

i118.photobucket.com..." border=0>

'Bandwidth is used when digital content is viewed from a link you have posted on another website or in an email'

Now is it my fault if there are 28,000 hits (As per my account details) on the images I have posted from Photobucket to ATS??

Darn! Now none of the images I have posted on ATS will be visible till 17 March 07. That's what the message says.

There's nothing that can be done, but twiddle my thumbs and wait.

Or is there a way out??

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
You could try using several image hosting services if your finding one service runs out of bandwidth, you can also upload images via your member center on ATS.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
For high bandwidth I think vaultload.com is the best.

You get 30g a month of bandwidth.

It is the most generous free service I know of.

[edit on 9-3-2007 by Selmer2]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Another thing you might want to consider is shrinking all of your files. If you make sure that they are highly compressed .jpegs and do not use .bmp or .tiff, you should be ok. Also, other hosting services are definately a consideration.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I feel your pain.

I've been going through the same thing for two months now. The first moth I thought it was just a mistake but it happened again.

I've been busy re-hosting my "busiest" images elsewhere.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Another consideration is to create your own image server on a private network with access to the interent. Map the port in order to allow access. That is how the internet works, try it out!

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
this is the deal over at ImageShack

ImageShack allows each image 100 megabytes of transfer per hour. If an image exceeds this amount, it will be rendered inaccessible.
Common Questions

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Thanx guys for all your valuable suggestions.
I've now registered for Vaultload as well as ImageShack. Better to have your eggs in more baskets than one!!

Originally posted by AlphaAnuOmega
Another consideration is to create your own image server on a private network with access to the interent. Map the port in order to allow access. That is how the internet works, try it out!

Heck! How does one get about doing this? Seems interesting though.

But can't we have something like these within ATS itself? The restriction of 100k per image is peanuts! More would probably bust the servers!! But then it's always better to have the in-house stuff rather than depending upon other image hosters to post images on ATS.

Just a suggestion!

Cheers!!

[edit on 9-3-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
That would cost ATS money they do not have and in turn it would cost us money. What ATS might consider is allowing users with networking knowledge to host their own image server and in turn ATS would give an allowance of points per month or per picture hosted and/or merchandise. A community effort if you will..

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaAnuOmega
That would cost ATS money they do not have and in turn it would cost us money. What ATS might consider is allowing users with networking knowledge to host their own image server and in turn ATS would give an allowance of points per month or per picture hosted and/or merchandise. A community effort if you will..

No money?? Wow!! The three musketeers are gonna haul you over the coals for letting the cat out o' the bag!!

As for your second point, as I mentioned in my earlier post, how the devil does one get about hosting one's own image server?

new topics

top topics

join