It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AZTLAN

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Illegal immigrants are going to be the down fall of America if the current government does not do anything. Are the illegals already planning to make Aztlan?

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Yeah, what wonderful plans our "friends" have for us.

Due to the association of Aztlán with growing Mexican nationalism among Mexicans in the United States, and its northern location, the name Aztlán was taken up by some revolutionary Chicano movement activists of the 1960s and 1970s to refer to the Southwestern United States that Mexico lost when the United States occupied the region following the Mexican-American War, that they suggested rightfully belonged to Mexico. Aztlán appears in the title of the 1968 manifesto issued by the radical Chicano youth movement that called for the liberation of that land from colonial occupation by the United States, the Plan Espiritual de Aztlán, as well as the names of several organizations, such as MEChA, (Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlán, "Chicano Student Movement of Aztlán"), an organization that gained notoriety for making claims against the United States' occupation of Aztlan on behalf of Mexico. Many in the Chicano Movement attribute poet Alurista for popularizing the term Aztlán in a poem presented during the Chicano Youth Liberation Conference in Denver, Colorado, March 1969.
Source

Apparently, most of America is stupid enough to go right along with it. Disgraceful.

[edit on 8-3-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
It's a problem here in LA. Our mayor anthony Viaragrossa (sp) has already been documented going to these Atzlan and La Raza meeting and giving pro atzlan speeches. He said something like have as many babies as possible, they can't stop us we have numbers on our side, and soon we'll be too strong of a population to not get our way.

It's sad that we don't recognise this clear and present threat to the US> How bout all the mexican federales that shoot at US border patrol agents in their cars with rifles from sometimes 20 miles inside US borders. you know to protect mexico's interests inside the US AKA drug cratels. Can't we get rid of mexico's drug cartles souly on the grounds of their crappy substandard product?

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   

It's sad that we don't recognise this clear and present threat to the US>

Americans don't seem to realize many things. And those of us who are smart enough to are labeled "racists," "Nazis," "fascists," et cetera. We are never called what we really are.... GENUINELY CONCERNED ABOUT THE WELFARE AND FUTURE OF OUR COUNTRY!!

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
We know who the Racists are in this case - it's the La Raza (the race) gang. I'd say that the majority of naturalized Latino immigrants are against it. I don't have actual numbers on it though, probably because no one will do a poll. The Media has been instructed to ignore this issue.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Americans don't seem to realize many things. And those of us who are smart enough to are labeled "racists," "Nazis," "fascists," et cetera. We are never called what we really are.... GENUINELY CONCERNED ABOUT THE WELFARE AND FUTURE OF OUR COUNTRY!!

How true.

Anyway I wonder if the illegal immigrants realise that, unless there's some sort of economic miracle, this 'Aztlan' will eventually become just another Mexico.

Ah well. At least they'll have their 'Aztlan', complete with political corruption, drug cartels and all the trappings of home.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smack
We know who the Racists are in this case - it's the La Raza (the race) gang. I'd say that the majority of naturalized Latino immigrants are against it. I don't have actual numbers on it though, probably because no one will do a poll. The Media has been instructed to ignore this issue.

Look, most Hispanics here in the states want to stem the tide of illegal immigration as much as the rest of us do. The two border guards who are now, unfairly, imprisoned for shooting the drug smuggler, they were Hispanic. Well, one was...

Those who are currently here certainly do not want to see the hell hole they just left be transferred to where they are currently. Yet, if we continue in the direction we are going that is precisely what will happen.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
SpeakerofTruth - I agree. Most Americans, regardless of race or country of origin, are hopping mad about the immigration problem.

America is a nation of immigrants, but we must have some controls. We cannot handle the invasion we've experienced in the last decade. We damn sure do not want large foreign groups with a racist ideology invading us and threatening our security.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
It can only be stopped by getting rid of the laws of birth n the USA means citizenship. The "anchor babies" are being used as human shields.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Aztlan is code word for Civil War!

Let's see the Mexicans want to turn California, Arizona, New Mexice and Texas into Mexico! Great! Then they'll have another place to immigrate from, there will be a war over this, the Mexicans that side with the Americans will be rewarded, those who side with the Mexicans will be wiped out!

I notice the stupid ones have already allied with the corrupt and idiot Mexican Government and the smart ones know who to side with!

I appreciate the great Mexican Immigrants who are great US citizens and learn english!

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
don't be so sure it would be that easy it would be like an Iraq in the United States. The USA would have numbers and superior tech but how can you tell the difference between the bad guys and bystanders

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by powerbomb1123
don't be so sure it would be that easy it would be like an Iraq in the United States. The USA would have numbers and superior tech but how can you tell the difference between the bad guys and bystanders

I am not calling for civil war, I just believe it will happen. Most unresolved political problems end in War! IMHO!

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Could the Mayor of LA be considered a traitor and convicted of treason and is Atzlan and La riza be conisdered terriorist groups

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I don't know if was ever actually said, but I've always heard that the defeated Santa Ana predicted that one day Mexico would take back/take over America (or at least the border states) "without firing a shot".

Seems to be coming true.

BTW, some of the most hateful, angry talk against Mexican illegals I've ever heard has come from bilingual Mexican-American US citizens.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Could the Mayor of LA be considered a traitor and convicted of treason and is Atzlan and La riza be conisdered terriorist groups

Well if the Confederacy can be declared traitors, then by rule of thumb both the Mayor and La Riza are treasonous scum.

Here's an interesting story:
Vice President Lyndon Johnson received the following message from a Native American on a reservation: Be careful with your immigration laws. We were careless with ours.

Well anyway here’s a little history lesson on the Mexican-U.S War (please correct ifI’m wrong):
* The Tejanos (Mexicans who immigrated to Texas during the Spanish Colonial Period) rebelled against the draconian Mexican government.(such as no Freedom of Religion, open toleration of slavery etc).
* The majority of Tejanos WANTED to join the U.S.
* Anglo-American settlers were recruited by Tejanos, and the U.S government didn’t play a major role in the Texan Revolution.
* The Texan military defeated the Mexican army during the Texan Revolution and declared themselves the Republic of Texas, while the U.S government offered $7.5 million for most of what are now the Southern states.
* Mexico didn’t recognize the new Republic and after several skirmishes invaded Texas.
* Eventually the U.S military fought off the Mexican army, and occupied the capital. They gave Mexicans within the newly bought states the option to be U.S citizens, or return to Mexico.
* The U.S government paid Mexico for California, Nevada, Utah and portions of Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico and Wyoming (twice what was offered before the War).
* Risking annexation by the U.S and destitute from the Mexican War of Independence the Mexican Government accepted the U.S offer for peace and aforementioned countries.

So upon viewing that the MeCHANista and Chicano reasons for ‘reclamation’ into ‘Aztlan’ swiftly fall apart as:

1. The ethnic Mexicans (Tejanos) started the Texan Revolution against the Mexican government, and wanted to join the U.S
2. Anglo-American settlers didn’t start the Revolution, they were merely recruited by Tejanos.
3. Mexico invaded Texas, not the other way around.
4. The U.S government bought the proclaimed ‘Aztlan’.
5. You don’t see British citizens declaring the First Thirteen States ‘Atlantis’ and attempting to take over them, do you?

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I have actually just learned about this from a friend. Very interesting.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Thank you, my fellow Texan. I sure as heck realize it; and sometimes want to scream it from the rooftops at all of my fellow Americans who are sleeping through it.

I have been aware of the Aztlan threat for several years. Growing up in South Texas, it was pretty obvious from early on.

Sometimes I wish for a new Texas Republic, with a military of its own to defend its borders and its freedom.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   

You wouldn't. All mexicans, regardless of faction would be interned for the duration of the conflict. It has happened before, and would again under those circumstances.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Sorry double post.

[edit on 9-3-2007 by cognoscente]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zhenyghi
I don't know if was ever actually said, but I've always heard that the defeated Santa Ana predicted that one day Mexico would take back/take over America (or at least the border states) "without firing a shot".

Seems to be coming true.

I have heard that as well. I don'tknow how true it is.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join