It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AZTLAN

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Do a little digging and you'll find the bastards behind the funding of groups like La Raza and Aztlan. The Rockafeller Foundation, The Ford Foundation, Exxon, Texaco, Marriott, Archer Daniels Midland, Daimler/Chrysler. The tax free foundations created by the robber barrons of the past continue to exploit this country. Boycott their products and notify them of your boycott. The dollar is the only sword to wield, use it before it's extinct.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
^^^^^^^^

I have heard that several times and keep forgetting to research it. I'm going to do some looking around about this later today when I have sit through a conference call that I am not even participating in. Whatever I can find that appears relevant I will post.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
You know, a whole lotta families including the Thomas Alva Edison family and the Nikola Tesla family and a MULTITUDE of innovators friggin swamped this country turn of last century.

Next time you listen to your iPod or make a cell phone call, remember how awful it might be for us to accept a sudden sea change of people into this country.

Not that anyone is exaggerating the intentions of Jose lettuce-picker, or Juanita sheet-changer as they work 14 to 18 hour days in our farms and hotels and god knows wherelse to serve the American greed that is crippling our economy through rising debt and Hyper-consumerism.

Maybe the taxman commeth, only he's not the IRS. He's the book keeper.

(this sarcastic post placed by a non-latino, Northeast, tree-hugging, peace promoting hippy scum...thank you.)

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Don't confuse global conditions today with what happened 1900 - 1929.

Couldn't happen again, right. Credit belongs where credit is due.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
The illegal immigrants are draining Americans resources by recieving free health care and draining money from hospitals. In New Bedoford Massachusetts a sweatshop employing illegal immigrants was found 50 of the workers had infants when the mothers are deported this "ancor babies" will become another tax burden until their mothers come into the country illegally again.

[edit on 9-3-2007 by powerbomb1123]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
You don't see the Italians saying that France is theirs because it was once part of the Roman Empire. Land changes hands throughout history and if you can't deal with it then tough.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by YIAWETA
Do a little digging and you'll find the bastards behind the funding of groups like La Raza and Aztlan.

Like this?

ATS - Follow the Money: Funding of the Radical 'Hispanic' Lobby Group

Bottom line is that the "establishment" is fully behind this divisive issue and both sides are falling for it.

There must be something in it for them eh?

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
i have been called a racist at my school, because i want to stop illegal immigration and kick them out, which pisses me off.
im so tired of it, we have had to change everything in our school, add spanish to lunch menus, announcements, tests, books, etc. and im in pennsylvania!
if they try to split we need to stop them, go and attack, remove the aztlan supporters, then invade mexico, and then either give them a good, non corrupt govt, or assimilate them into the US.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   

i have been called a racist at my school, because i want to stop illegal immigration and kick them out, which pisses me off.

Don't go feeling like the Lone Stranger. This is by design. It's a quick way to shut people up about the real issue - Illegal Immigration. There is a difference between Racism and Patriotism. Besides, the real Racists are the Illegal Alien Groups like La Raza, Mecha and La Reconquista. If they call you Racist, ask them if they've ever heard of those groups. Do a google and READ what they say. Let me give you a clue - La Raza = "The Race" , La Reconquista = "The Reconquering" (of the southwest US).

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Contributing my $.02, I have to say this:

Given that we have used the CIA to destabilize their countries so long, why shouldn't they come here?

Its just payback time voting America!

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
It's really, really simple. Like my grand ma ma used to say:

S*** OR GET OFF THE POT!

Keeping this country in a state of indecision over this serves no one but the upper 2% of the population who control the lower 98%. That top percentage is the wealthiest and they have the most to gain from having more people here either illegally or in dire states of poverty. The picture is clear: rich America loves their huddled masses so they can sell them blankets!

Viva la W@l M@rt!!!!

If its a war, then call it that. If not, annex Mexico and open the beach clubs in Cancun to American tourism like Puerto Rico. Really.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I'm of Tejano descent. Here's my 2 cents worth on the Aztlan movement. It a total load of BS. Firstly the original Aztlan empire was only in the Central part of Mexico. They were far too many other fierce Native American tribes in Texas and the other Southwestern US states for them to make any true claim upon the land. Even when those lands were claimed by Mexico in the 1830's, the Mexicanos weren't safe 5 minutes horseback ride from their presidios or mission/forts. Name the tribe and they used the Mexicanos as target practice. They hated the Mexicans even worse then the Anglos because the Spanish Catholic Missionaries obsessive dirve to force convert them to Christianity. Once they converted the natives, the native were forced to work as virtual slave labor for having their souls saved by the missionaries. Hence the target practice on Mexicanos. The Spanish had colonized Mexico in the early 1500's and 300 years later still didn't control the lands it claimed as its territory, no matter what the Aztlan movement might claim. In fact, the nearly pure blooded natives in many parts of Mexico today are often in armed rebellion against the Mexican National govt as in the state of Chiapas.

What you see being reported in the news is propaganda meant to cause racial tensions. Want to fix the immigration problem, modernize the Mexican economy and there will good paying jobs in Mexico and the Mexican workers will flood back to their native country. Do you really think they want to work for sometimes less than minimum wage thousands of miles away from their families? Besides, I give Mexico another 20 years max before there's another full revolution with the current states along our border either forming another country or becoming part of the American Commonwealth like Puerto Rico.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by crgintx
I'm of Tejano descent. Here's my 2 cents worth on the Aztlan movement. It a total load of BS. Firstly the original Aztlan empire was only in the Central part of Mexico. They were far too many other fierce Native American tribes in Texas and the other Southwestern US states for them to make any true claim upon the land. Even when those lands were claimed by Mexico in the 1830's, the Mexicanos weren't safe 5 minutes horseback ride from their presidios or mission/forts. Name the tribe and they used the Mexicanos as target practice. They hated the Mexicans even worse then the Anglos because the Spanish Catholic Missionaries obsessive dirve to force convert them to Christianity. Once they converted the natives, the native were forced to work as virtual slave labor for having their souls saved by the missionaries. Hence the target practice on Mexicanos. The Spanish had colonized Mexico in the early 1500's and 300 years later still didn't control the lands it claimed as its territory, no matter what the Aztlan movement might claim. In fact, the nearly pure blooded natives in many parts of Mexico today are often in armed rebellion against the Mexican National govt as in the state of Chiapas.

What you see being reported in the news is propaganda meant to cause racial tensions. Want to fix the immigration problem, modernize the Mexican economy and there will good paying jobs in Mexico and the Mexican workers will flood back to their native country. Do you really think they want to work for sometimes less than minimum wage thousands of miles away from their families? Besides, I give Mexico another 20 years max before there's another full revolution with the current states along our border either forming another country or becoming part of the American Commonwealth like Puerto Rico.

Very nice post, a historical perspective always adds reality to the debate!

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
why should american taxdollars support mexico for doing nothing

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I have a lot of respect for immigrants to this country. I truly believe it has made America what it is today. That being said, we cannot allow the rest of the world to dictate to us what our policy is toward immigration - neither can we allow the Federal Government to dictate policy to us. We the People (Citizens of all races and backgrounds) decide what is best for this country.

I think we should relax some of our immigration requirements. We should also tighten our border security at the same time.
Make it easier for immigrants to become Citizens and make it harder to enter illegally.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I suppose you have never seen a man with just a high school education start up his own business and become a millionare O what you just sit on your couch and complain all day.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
If starting your own business at ANY age were the sole criteria of intelligence, success or sobriety, I would imagine that this country would have already been long invaded by both the Canadians and Mexicans.

Whereas I may seem to, as you put it, "Sit on my couch and complain" about conditions, my perspective offers a potentially far more salient view of the entire picture than that of a business person whose sole purpose it is (according to the capitalist growth proponents of this country) is to BUILD a future.

The only future unrestrainted growth provides for any nation is resentment, ill-treatment of fellow citizens and the worship of false idols.

It is nearly Easter, after all, unless the words "One nation under God" don't mean anything to you.

Revist the Old Testatment if you don't mind and re-read the first couple of bullet points on the presentation.

I think the fact they were done in stone should impress you.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Who are these false idols that people are worshipping? Al Gore?

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
does written in stone impress me mean. The real issue is that illegal immigrants are causing the downfall of America and which to take over some of our states

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas
Contributing my $.02, I have to say this:

Given that we have used the CIA to destabilize their countries so long, why shouldn't they come here?

Its just payback time voting America!

When have they ever been stable? When has South
America ever been stable? America gets the blame for "destabilizing" regions such as South America and the Middle East and it's a ridiculous claim because these areas have never been stable. So how the hell did we "destabilize" them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join