It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People have Faith in Aliens/UFO's why not God?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   

its because believing in aliens is a lot easier than believing in a god that wont show himself.

I agree -- I was raised "Christian" (by my mother; my father was indifferent), yet in my adult years began to question many things. Not the least of which is why a loving God would allow such horrific suffering--for any purpose, "soul redemption" or otherwise.

As I read more and more about the possibility of other-dimensional aliens secretly taking over the planet, the New World Order, implants, mind control, and the list goes on, my wonder grows: How could a compassionate, "loving" God allow this to happen?

Wonder is edging now towards utter dismay.

Even the events described in the book of Revelation---I read and re-read it as a child and teenager, yet I never understood why all that awful stuff was going to be allowed by God. Weren't we told that "God is Love"?

And don't even get me started on how a loving, compassionate God could threaten his children with everlasting fire and damnation all because they didn't behave properly. No sin is so heinous as that! After all, the worst crimes ever committed won't matter one whit once the earth has passed away, now will they?

As for believing in aliens, I can't say I've seen any, per se, although I've suspected I may have seen some of their craft on a few occasions, and some strange things have happened that make me wonder if aliens might have been involved. No "proof" exists (as if there is such a thing), so I cannot say. I've had more experience with ghosts and the paranormal, of which I have firsthand experience on many occasions, yet even then perhaps some could have been aliens or otherdimensional beings...who knows?

IMHO, it would seem the problem would lie with humankind's interpretation of God; i.e., the so-called sacred writings such as the Bible, and that has led to people turning away. Anyone who has looked into the matter knows that the text that has come down to us as the modern day Bible has been radically altered, deliberately or accidentally, and in that we find our difficulty. Or, at least, I do, for how can I believe such a collection of writings that have been so misinterpreted and altered, especially after trying for twenty-plus years of my life to follow them in my life to no avail?

In some ways I feel rather sorry for God--misunderstood and in apparent "competition" with aliens that were most likely created by Infinite Intelligence in the first place.

Just my two cents

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Hmm..UFOs...God...UFOs...God...

Maybe you should ask why so many MORE people today believe in pan-dimensional entities, even going so far as identifying them as angels and/or demons...but can't bring themselves to say, "Yes, I DO believe in God!" And with equal vigor say, "Yes, I DO believe in Satan!" muchless conduct themselves in a manner which will determine the group they exist with throughout eternity.

IF you're going to believe in angels and demons, you MUST believe in a judgemental God. Scary thought, eh? Of course, I also believe in the fact that a judgemental God is quite capable of dispensing his justice by his own hand, in his own time. It just seems to me that job is above my pay-grade.

As far as making God acceptable to the Scientific masses...hmmm...let's call Heaven and Hell "pan-dimentional quasi-realms" inhabited by "intelligent, yet polarized, polymasses separated, surprisingly, into faith/function hierarchies."

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I believe in both God and aliens, I don't see why you can't believe in both.
Then again I also believe in the big bang/evolution and creation.

Originally posted by Pararesearchwriter
Even the events described in the book of Revelation---I read and re-read it as a child and teenager, yet I never understood why all that awful stuff was going to be allowed by God. Weren't we told that "God is Love"?

And don't even get me started on how a loving, compassionate God could threaten his children with everlasting fire and damnation all because they didn't behave properly. No sin is so heinous as that! After all, the worst crimes ever committed won't matter one whit once the earth has passed away, now will they?

I feel the same way, I don't understand how a loving God could torture someone for eternity.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Although I don't believe o disbelieve in God, that's an easy one for me to answer:

I've SEEN a UFO up close and personal. It hovered low over my head, was dead silent, then zipped off over the horizon in the blink of an eye.

My mother and stepfather also witnessed this.

I have yet to see God in the same way, although I think "God" is a creative consciousness and organizing principle within everything that exists.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Mankind has always looked to the sky above for his deities. Ancient cultures worshiped the Sun and the Moon and throughout time wove myths and legends around them.
The Norse, Romans and Greek cultures all had mythical deities and none of these 'Gods' or their respective mythical creatures had any solid scientific basis.
In our (ahem!) educated and enlightened societies we have a two way split. Those who believe in a all powerfull divinity they call God and those who believe that extraterrestial entities exist. Whatever your personal mindset the fact still remains that not one seed of scientific proof has yet bloomed to prove or disprove these beliefs.
The God v Aliens playing field is not level either.Those individuals who believe in God have no score card to tick yet those amid our ranks who subscribe to the existence of E.T. have at least some medium to confirm that however wonky the video footage or vague the photograph that something or someone IS visiting this earth for some reason. We live in a wonderful and enigmatic world.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I hope religious people dont take this to offense when they read this post but here it goes.

there a few reasons that i dont have faith in god. One, too many gods, i mean look at everyreligion since th beggining of time, theres too many. I guess it goes back to the old saying, for get by who, figure out how you disprove other god, Zues, Athena, Odin, Ra, now you understand how i have little faith in your god. Another things that lowers my faith in god, and makes me feel thaty god is mae up, is some of the ideas present in atleast the christian religion. IDeas that seemed like 500 or 1000 years ago could scare someone into believing. This idea that god loves, but only if you do what your told, otherwise your going straight to hell. Kinda fears you into believeing. Also the idea of the rapture or end of times, where only those that are believers in jesus will be saved. All in all i think that religions were created for a couple reasons, one to act as a sort of guideline foor life. I mean if you if your read the bible not as truth, but sort of as life lessons, it really does set a good way to live along with the 10 commandments , their basic ideas to keep everyone in line. The second reaon being an explanation for what couldnt be unerstood. Look at for example the Aztecs or Mayans, not sure which one, sacrifing thousands to the sun god because they werent sure if it would rise the next morning. Obviously for as good of astronomers they were they didnt realiz that the earth was rotating causing the suns movement, so for them the god was their best explanation.

Another reason coming to mind about why i believe religions and gods were made up, therefore dim,inishing my faith, is in the human brain. It seems that humans in general have been looking at the world around them and thinking How? and Why? long before they had the knowledge and materials necceasry to rpvoide answers. So it is compltely logical that at first to believe in one or more, powerful gods. I find it unfortunate that now in age where the beggings of answers to those questions can be put together, we are still putting our faith blindly in some unseen force.

It is also very difficult for us to imagine, not having an inherent, definite, and truthful purpose in the world, and that when we die, it unfortunately is the end.

As far as faith in aliens go. Its hard to say. I mean its rather ignorant and self-centered to say nowhere in this enourmous univerese there is no other life. As far as aliens visiting earth, its hard to say, someo accounts seem to be real in that tehy truly saw something they coudlnt explain. Does that mean its aliens, most certaintly NO. Although i would hardly say im a UFO skeptic, id like some more hard evidence. Maybe material, upclose photos. ALien fingers
, i dont know, anything undeniable

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I believe in both God and Aliens.

The two are not mutually exclusive, and what the two would have to say about each other is of geat interest to me.

There are four possibilities:

1. God created both people on Earth and extraterrestrials.

2. God created people only on Earth.

3. God doesn't exist, but both humans and extraterrestrial life do exist.

4. God doesn't exist, and neither do extraterrestrials.

I think everyone is going to pick one of the above possibilities mostly on faith alone.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Some more thoughts in this thread are also presented in this one from a couple of years ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm still reading.... I'll be back with some comments.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   
There is evidence that aliens exist. There is no evidence in God. Belief in aliens is not a religion but rather a branch of biology. The study of UFOs is to improve our understanding of physics. It is therefore a scientific study.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I find people that believe in god but can't believe in aliens because it's "too far fetched" far more weird then people that believe in aliens but not god.

I mean what's more farfetched then a concious, rational superbeing that created a whole universe by itself, exists in all time and everywhere, controls all of existance?

If you can believe in that..

Personally I believe in.. something like a god, creation etc.. but not in the sense most religions do. I don't believe in a sentient, conscious, rational, decision making god. More a creative force, Consciousness, but not sentient.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by S. L. Gallo
I believe in both God and Aliens.

The two are not mutually exclusive, and what the two would have to say about each other is of geat interest to me.

There are four possibilities:

1. God created both people on Earth and extraterrestrials.

2. God created people only on Earth.

3. God doesn't exist, but both humans and extraterrestrial life do exist.

4. God doesn't exist, and neither do extraterrestrials.

I think everyone is going to pick one of the above possibilities mostly on faith alone.

Well, maybe not everyone.

I'd like to add one to that list...

5. The rarefied but not infinite being (The Original Creator) who orchestrated The Big Bang with The Light, no longer exists as the biblical Fall actually symbolizes the total division of the Godhead into souls of basic spirituality (i.e., us in the beginning). The Universe is teeming with life and the Zetan-aliens are among the various humanoid races that have achieved intersteller flight capability and who have explored the Milky Way Galaxy for hundreds of thousands of years. There is a nonliving, infinite, Higher Power on the Other Side that predates The Original Creator and represents the only way that reality can manifest itself; that Higher Power, which many mistake for an infinite God and some mistake for the Judeo-Christian God, is referred to by near-death experiencers, psychics, mediums, and metaphysicians as The Light.

To sum up the above: there is no Judeo-Christian God, there are extraterrestrials, and there is a Higher Power that judges everyone - including aliens - when they cross over into Spirit.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashley_T
I myself am a Christian and have a strong belief in both God and Jesus Christ. Like most religious people, most of what I believe comes from the vast amount of faith I carry with me, and the faith I have in my beliefs.

One of the fundamental teachings within both the bible and modern day Christianity is Faith. The belief in something greater with the desire to learn more.

Throughout the world there is an ever increasing belief in aliens and UFO's visiting earth, and their possible intentions towards us. Though there is no conclusive evidence that they exist, there are a lot of signs pointing in that direction. Its amazing how so many people have but FAITH in this phenomenon. People read different interpretation and stories on the Internet written by other people. This adds to there belief in UFO's exist, and must be found. That faith is shared and is ever changing by everyone.

It saddens me to think that faith in our Father/God is decreasing. I am very open to finding the truth no matter what the subject, however I want people to think again when speaking against that which created us. Like the Alien phenomenon, people are always going to add their 2 cents. Don't let that move you from the truth.

Its interesting how many are turning away from Christian faith, yet moving towards another unknown faith with vast interest.

It is called progressive faith. People often evolve their faith perception to what is currently going on. It is better to believe in aliens and not in god then to believe in god and not aliens.

Believe you me, the true god (which isn't even a god but rather a force) doesn't care if you worship this "god" or not. This force only cares if you are trying to co-exist with others. Your god only cares about co-existence, everything else pretty much doesn't matter at all. God isn't even a being (thus not even a god as we perceive a god), so how can this force (can't even say it, because it is a force and not a being) care about selfish things as obediance. This force isn't even a being to begin with, it is a force like seen in the Jedi, but different on that issue. The true divine force doesn't come to us by small organism or whatever inside of our bodies. The divine force is everything and we interact with this force through what we do to each other and to the world it self. This force doesn't actually speak to us. We have to make the attempt to understand and thus we can communicate though we aren't communicating at all. It is simply that we are communicating to ourselves on understanding existence by what this force truly is and by that rational we are interacting with god.

Anyways you should be aware of your own faith.

True chriatianity was created by Yeshua, say it with me, Yeshua. That is the aramaic name of your prophet. Yeshua's spiritual name is Tumaseireinahab or "Great Mysterious One" in Zophini and "The Death of Endless Suns" in Drakon. Yeshua was born in Judea under Roman Occupation and was mostly raised in India afther the death of his father, which was around the age of fourteen.

His faith was taken in by his apostles who altered it slightly by their own interpretation of his faith. A good sum of these apostles establish Gnostic faiths. In the 300's a Roman Empire in desperate need of finding a means of preventing the Empire from collapsing used Christianity and altered it to what would best serve the Roman's in continuing their foothold over their empire. Basically they used it as a life perserver for their dying nation. You know of that Emperor as Constantine. However, that only created the earliest form of Greek Orthodox. As the spliting ties between Constantinople and Rome became more appearant so did the faith. Catholicism was created to help perserve the traditional use of Constantine's Christianity by use of idols and images. Protestantism would later come due to malpractice in the church.

[edit on 6-4-2007 by Zhayne]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Thank You for that answer.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I myself am a Christian and have a strong belief in both God and Jesus Christ. Like most religious people, most of what I believe comes from the vast amount of faith I carry with me, and the faith I have in my beliefs.

One of the fundamental teachings within both the bible and modern day Christianity is Faith. The belief in something greater with the desire to learn more.

Throughout the world there is an ever increasing belief in aliens and UFO's visiting earth, and their possible intentions towards us. Though there is no conclusive evidence that they exist, there are a lot of signs pointing in that direction. Its amazing how so many people have but FAITH in this phenomenon. People read different interpretation and stories on the Internet written by other people. This adds to there belief in UFO's exist, and must be found. That faith is shared and is ever changing by everyone.

It saddens me to think that faith in our Father/God is decreasing. I am very open to finding the truth no matter what the subject, however I want people to think again when speaking against that which created us. Like the Alien phenomenon, people are always going to add their 2 cents. Don't let that move you from the truth.

Its interesting how many are turning away from Christian faith, yet moving towards another unknown faith with vast interest.

Christians and you have a BE-LIE-F in someone elses beliefs so they arent arent truly your own, like most of us have with lots of things. Apart from the fact the word LIE lies right in the center of the word is a clear indicator of its 'negativity'... i do not see 'believing' as a major energy to develop if i am basing it on lies and MIS-STORIES of others, 'especially because' they are supposed to be older and wiser.

The dictionary states a belief is something un'known, hence it infers a DOUBT, christians admit they dont KNOW, by calling it a belief? and apparently their FAITH, which is the same thing as belief and trust, is what christians are meant to be so special for at the end of the day, for it is their faith ' which we non religious people do not have the so called holy spirit to understand the concept of' .. that will get them to HEAVEN. Another place christians dont fully understand or KNOW where it is.. you just have this.. faith... u take someones word for it, people you dont even know, and u will probably respect this more than your own familys etc. This SADDENS ME.

In all honesty (im sorry dude) this faith that christians have in the bible as being the TRUTH, is in other words 'plain stupidity, and shows a childish limited state of mind' ... 'ignorance of the facts is another way of putting it' ?.. the fact that the bible was mistranslated and watered down and fabricated from more ancient stories that you COULD READ THE ORIGINALS OF.. (sorry im not shouting) lol. So if you was so serious in your heart about god and jesus you would say 'hold on... where are these older stories and il have a look, and id also like to know the ACTUAL translations' ??

So most christians choose to believe someone elses version of what god is and how life began, and not only that they choose to believe the MAINSTREAM version? aswel as admitting the devil practically runs the world.. so why is it so hard then to BELIEVE MAYBE the devil is never going to give you THE truth in a bible and it was a 90% CON? whats the devils other name? the trickster, WHO on this planet is more brainier than the devil? sure isnt me or anyone on ATS.

There is MORE evidence and probability of extraterrestrials existing than there is of that god of the bible being realy GOD or Jesus even existing. So do christians have VAST amounts of FAITH or STUPIDITY? (uknowingness) literal translation of StUpId.

We outgrow nursery and goto high school etc.. if something is restricting your growth and your not an evil person just UPDATE the info cause all were meant to do is be more AWARE.

[edit on 11-4-2007 by Sekhemet]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 02:33 AM
link   
that's a good question you have there mate i just find it hard to believe in it because it all sounds like a load of crap(no offence), where aliens are like us in some ways unless they already now the answers.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I applaud your work on this thread ashley it has really sparked alot of interest to those who love to bash the christian faith as evidenced by the unrelenting assalts on the GOD side of this topic. Jesus said you would "know a tree by it's fruit " enough said....

You have voted Ashley_T for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

here you go, you deserve it for having guts enough to post such a topic among the proof seekers here

Faith is a funny thing without it, it is "impossible to please god" says the bible..... faith must be important because god reqiures it to please him, so where does that leave those who misplace their faith in other things? The bible says that God gave each man a measure of faith, why? so that we would have the means to believe in him in essence be able to reach him. so when men squander their faith on other things they have none left for God.......
thats my take on the issue

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Its hard to imagine sometimes how things have gotten to be like this on our little planet that people will start giving explenations to something that they may never ever understand.
Take a flower for instance and closely observe it, its perfect in every way.Think how something so perfect can be ever created.Think about how it grows every time you put a seed into the ground.How it evolves like that into a flower? Sure we have science to explain this process but i have never ever heard anyone explain to me how these things ever gotten here in the first place.
A tree or flower doesent stop growing just because they want so, they just keep growing untill they are dead.They do this every time for ever if they have to.This alone is already a miracle to me.

Who dares to say that this cannot be created by a greater entity, it doesent necessarely have to be God.God is maybe just our way of giving this greater entity an explenation.Just as people say now that it could be aliens/ufo's.
Think about it!

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
People can believe whatever they want. But the other half of the crowd needs to move on and disassociate themselves from “stuck” folks. People have to keep trekking forward and if someone is bogging you down, leave them behind or suffer their fate or whatever.

Science brought us to where we are now, some people have just been riding along and arguing the whole time.

Just thoughts.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Im not trying to push anything, promise. It was just a thought that came to my head. I was thinking about how as humans we but our faith in the unknown with the desire to learn more. I guess I was trying to pull a parallel between two very popular, yet non conclusive topics in the world today.

Why do you see that believing in God, and the belief that we we are not alone in this world are mutually exclussive?

Faith is not enough. Because faith without knowledge is just superstition. It never ceases to amaze me, how christians will believe that the only true "Word" of God ever writen, is the bible. Ask 100 Christians today; how many of you have even read the bible cover to cover, and I guareentee less than 15% will honestly admit reading it.

So, most Christians basically just believe what they're told.

On this site, as well as countless other UFO, and paranormal sites, every thought word, and picture is carefully inspected with a sceptical eye.

Yet, in Christianity, (A religion that Jesus did not come to this earth to start, by the way) it is taught that you don't question the bible, or the Pope as being from God. But here's what Jesus says about scripture:

"Seek not the law in your scriptures, for the law is life, whereas the scripture is dead. I tell you truly, Moses received not his laws from God in writing, but through the living word. The law is living word of living God to living prophets for living men. In everything that is life is the law written. You find it in the grass, in the tree, in the river, in the mountain, in the birds of heaven, in the fishes of the sea; but seek it chiefly in yourselves. For I tell you truly, all living things are nearer to God than the scripture which is without life."

What makes this scripture different from your bible? Your bible tells you it's the only real word of God, and to reject all others. How conveinient.

The universe is big, and we are very small here on earth comparitively. If we're all there is, to quote Carl Sagan's movie Contact, with Jodi Foster: "What a waist of space"

People believe in Aliens because they exist - they are real. We believe in God because God is real, and God represents the alternative reality to this place of birth and death we live in, where we have to deal with issues such as, do evil aliens exist?

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zhayne
Believe you me, the true god (which isn't even a god but rather a force)... God isn't even a being (thus not even a god as we perceive a god), so how can this force (can't even say it, because it is a force and not a being) care about selfish things as obediance. This force isn't even a being to begin with, it is a force like seen in the Jedi, but different on that issue.

[edit on 6-4-2007 by Zhayne]

This is really close to my interpretation of "God" or whatever you want to call it. The energy inherent in everything. One of the closest explanations would be "Tao."

Now as for someone having "faith" in conventional religion or aliens, all I can add is that the possibility of another life form becoming technologically advanced to the point of visiting other planets is more probable to me than "God" snapping his fingers and the world popping into existence, every species of animal living on a boat, or a reanimated corpse coming back from the dead.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join