It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dollar Coins Missing 'In God We Trust' Mistake or Conspriacy?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
""Dollar Coins Missing 'In God We Trust' Mistake or Conspriacy?""

this is a complete , absolute early april fool's joke right ?
please , dear god , let this be a joke and not another "person" being serious ! a conspiracy ? of WHAT !
threads like this come from the very , very shallow end of the gene pool . everyday i think it can't get more out-there than the day before ,
but i sell you einstein's short . dear god please help us and don't let people like this have children .
i whole heartly am sorry to be so harsh but someone needs to over crap like this . ....a conspiracy , on a dollar coin , even you must stop and think this is silly . but hey , just m2c .

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The whole "In god we trust" thing on the money is itself an McCarthiest Anti-Soviet conspiracy. Look it up.

I don't expect that to change anyones minds though as the majority of those who support it also support other McCarthiest tactics...

For the majority of time in your country, you guys didn't have "In god we trust" on your money or in your pledge.

You defeated the "godless" soviets. Time to turn the page.

[edit on 8-3-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
The whole "In god we trust" thing on the money is itself an McCarthiest Anti-Soviet conspiracy. Look it up.

That's simply not true. In God We Trust appeared far earlier on U.S. currency:

U.S. Treasury

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I am absolutely glad that "In God we Trust" is missing on the new dollar coins. That is the way all future currency should be dealt with. Hurray for the U.S. Mint people! I am an ahteist and did not appreciate earlier money with that inscription emblazoned with that line.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I really do not understand the Atheists or Christian points of view on this subject. I think they are both stupid. The government can write “All Americans Love Cornflakes” on the money and I would not care. I can look at the money and think to myself, wow, I am an American and I do not love cornflakes but I am not going on a crusade to remove the slogan or make sure it stays. It is just money. As long as a dollar equals a dollar and I can spend it with other dollars I’m good to go.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
What possible reason could there be for doing this on purpose?

DCP

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Americans HATE $1 coins...this make some people want $1 coins, and might get them used more. The less amount of paper $1 the USA has to make the more bling bling in their bank, yo

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
300 Million coins minted huh?

Here's your conspiracy:

www.nowandfutures.com...&_Fed_watching.html

M3b. The Federal Reserve stopped reporting this data at the end of 2006.

The reason why is the re-created portion in black.

The federal reserve is looking for any and every way to inflate the money supply and deflate the value of the dollar.

I guess you could say they had this "mix-up" so people actually start circulating the coins. It would have been a clever ploy, but it's just speculation.

The bottom line is:

More money in the economy means the dollar becomes worth less which is exactly what they want.

Eventually all they have to do is get the giant pin out and *pop* goes your bubble.

It's a sinking ship people. Get out while you still can (Silver, Gold, Platinum). Put your money is stable assets that wont be affected when your dollar becomes worthless...

Chart: **Purchasing power of the US Dollar over the last 200 years**

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

that is my take too, [refering to a 'It's a Marketing Gimmick' insight]

but, in the symbolic & CT realms....
think about the [E Pluribus Unum] & [In God We Trust] slogans,

these inscriptions are are made on the edge of the coin which
symbolizes a ring or band that wraps around the Father of the country,
iow= the nation is completely surrounded by the 'Unity-Trust-God' memes

another subtle indoctrination, social engineering undertaking as 'we'
marshall our resolve to War against the Jihad

If one were to equate the number of coins minted, some 300,000,000....
That Number might just represent the 300million population in the USA.

And in a secret message, the 50,000 coins that are missing the coin edge 'mottos'
might well represent the number of NWO, elites, shadow government people in America,
who Are Not Bound by any "Unity+God+Trust"
which the inscriptions encircling the founding father symbolize.

* 50k error coins
* selling @ $40-50-60 ea
source: news.yahoo.com...
(might need to be a subscriber)

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Pre planned and engineered collectors items to boost the amount of money kept out of circulation by collectors and interested parties.

I want one myself.

We'll all have a good laugh showing it to our granchildren and reminiscing about the current administration when we're in the old folks home.

[edit on 8-3-2007 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Even if you are a religion person, what does it really matter if it says in god we trust on a coin? Its not like its going to make any difference on anything...it is just a coin after all.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I found one bank near me that has rolls of them, but the vault containing them was already closed for the night. I have to go back tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I found one bank near me that has rolls of them, but the vault containing them was already closed for the night. I have to go back tomorrow.

Rolls of them?? You have to be kidding some here claim there are only 50k and you found rolls.

Let us know how many of those are missing the insrciptions. Oh and have fun on EBAY

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Why would the United States have any reference to God on it's currency anyway? I thought it was supposed to be a secular country.

As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion;

Source.

Why would they make this reference? Is it the christian God, or a Supreme Being in the Masonic sense?

[edit on 8/3/07 by Implosion]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Rolls of them?? You have to be kidding some here claim there are only 50k and you found rolls.

I meant rolls of the Washington dollar coins. I need to look through them to see if any are the valuable error coins.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa
I think it was done on purpose in order to get people more interested in the coins. They have tried unsuccessfully few times previously to get the public to give up the paper dollars. What better way to get people interested than to introduce thousands of error coins to get people to get the coins just to try and find some error coins. And if my theory is correct, I think it is brilliant marketing strategy.

I think you have hit it firmly on the head. I work in the advertising industry and if I had been asked how to increase awareness and desire for the new coin, that is exactly what I would have suggested. Throw in the rarity factor and increased value to collectors and you have a free ad campaign payed for by the media.

Sometimes there are NO conspiracies, just clever people pulling the strings to persuade you to aquire their product.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion
Why would the United States have any reference to God on it's currency anyway? I thought it was supposed to be a secular country.

[edit on 8/3/07 by Implosion]

When this country was formed it was indeed based on religion. You have to look at the history of "The Church of England" to understand. Protestants were persecuted and many escaped to the New World so they could practice their religion in peace without persecution for their beliefs. Our founders wisely put guarantees in our constitution to protect peoples rights to practice a faith of their choice without fear. "In God We Trust" refers to our "God Given Right" to be free to speak freely and practice our religion of choice without fear from a government ruled by one religion. It is because of this that Atheists can speak freely and have no fear of being persecuted for not believing. Somehow, with the help of a Secularist dominated media, this has gotten all messed up in some peoples minds. The very thing that gives them their freedom, they are trying to do away with. They instead want to force their beliefs on everyone who does not agree with them. It has come full circle in our history now and the Secularist movement is very forcefully trying to eliminate religion even though they will be throwing away their own rights in the process. The word "God" as is presented on our currency is referring to the rights we are, or should be, born with as free citizens of this Earth.

Another common misunderstanding is the issue of not mixing church and state. That was not the intention of the words of our Constitution. It's framers intent was to guarantee that there would be no state church as there was under English rule and that the government would have no power to interfere with its citizens beliefs. That has been bastardized throughout recent history and now the government routinely interferes.

[edit on 3/8/2007 by Blaine91555]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
That's a pretty big screw up if you ask me. Did we ever have a screw up like this in the past? "Quality Control" must have been totally asleep for this to be an accident. I mean, my god, normally you only get a handful of screwed up coins that reach the public.

Religious rights are being attacked pretty hard right now, so I'm not so sure this is an accident.

Maybe the other "upside down," messed up coins are a way to "cement" the idea that this was an "accident?" My trust in the government is not that great after 911, so I'm not sure what to think sometimes.

Troy

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I also agree with the idea that the mint was creating an intentional collector's item.

I read an article on the coin's introduction on the WaPo or NYTimes' website and the mint's 2 main points were that they wanted this batch of dollar coins to succeed and replace the paper dollar, which is a financial loser for them, not as much profit as a coin.

And secondly, that they actively sought to entice coin collectors and the general public to collect the coins by changing the portrait of the president on the obverse every six months. This is a pure marketing ploy to boost profits--the money is sequestered, raising the value of what remains in circulation.

So what better way to push this agenda and get everyone hunting these coins than to send out 50,000 or so dollar-lottery coins? Pretty slick.

[edit on 9-3-2007 by gottago]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Hey I'm a newbie so be gentle. Longtime Lurker decided to join so I could search.

Anyway, I think it was a marketing ploy, because of the reasons stated above. I mean I know I didn't want or care about those coins before, but they sure have my attention now. This is a great way to get the masses looking for the coin without the inscription but all the while putting the ones they find with inscription right back out into circulation.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join