It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The state of the early campaign.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Have to say this - either I'm making too much sense, am too controversial or the thought of someone from the UK running for ATS President doesn't sit very well with people - my campaign thread is awfully quiet, and a quiet campaign is disconcerting

It does seem as if questions are being posted on individual candidates threads rather than in the "public" arena for everyone to answer. I don't see it as my place necessarily to crash someone elses campaign. Maybe I ought to start

My general question to all the candidates is, however, twofold.

1) Did you expect there to be more campaigning, interaction and interest in the campaign than there has been to date

and

2) What, if anything, do you think can contribute to removing voter apathy, getting more people interested in politics and eventually to the polls to make their decision?

df1

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
1) Did you expect there to be more campaigning, interaction and interest in the campaign than there has been to date

It is early, the deadline for candidates to declare hasn't even passed. I expect that things will get a bit more adversarial in the coming weeks.

2) What, if anything, do you think can contribute to removing voter apathy, getting more people interested in politics and eventually to the polls to make their decision?

Give the voters a reason to vote, they are fed up with business as usual which excludes them from the political process. For example: The Democrats elected in November were elected to get the US out of Iraq, despite what the hawks say, but they are not doing the things needed to make that happen. or having hearings on Walter Reed, rather than moving quickly to fix the problems in the military health care system

Unresponsive government fosters voters apathy.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 05:35 AM
link   

This is the early part, time to get your name recognition going. Press the virtual flesh and streamline your platform. (not just you neformore, all the candidates) I have noticed that some of the other candidates already have a strong "party" base that is supporting them. I think that many people just don't have any questions for the candidates in this race yet because it is early. Once the podcast debates start up I think there may be an overall increace in interest in this campaign.

Get out there get those votes. I just think that most of the voters here on ATS are just waiting for the race to heat up before getting excited. It's still early so not much buzz has been generated.

Don't be discoraged at the seemingly lack of ATS interest. I think that many are realy interested in this race but are waiting for it to get exciting. it's just not at that point yet. I am waiting for S.O. To start allowing us to put our banner adds up in the top of the page. That might get more people interested.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   
(sorry double post)

[edit on 8-3-2007 by whatukno]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I don't know... I think the problem is we are campaigning on a website where all the candidates view points and opinions are posted everywhere. Honestly, do I really need to ask you questions when I can click on your name and read every post you have ever made on ATS?

I am not going to say who I will be voting for... but I will tell you I have narrowed my choices down to three already!

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   

my campaign thread is awfully quiet, and a quiet campaign is disconcerting

It does seem as if questions are being posted on individual candidates threads rather than in the "public" arena for everyone to answer. I don't see it as my place necessarily to crash someone elses campaign.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's felt this way.

Yes and No. I expect "more" from the ATS crowd than the general populace, but we must also remember that the ATS crowd is still derived from the general populace and that voter apathy is, and probably always will be, a major inhibition to grass-roots campaigns. But also, like Groucho Marx just mentioned, it's still very early. Elections are months away. I think right now people are just waiting to see who doesn't drop out due to real life concerns.

Well, my personal strategy has been to set up a Vote4Libra Website, and design catchy avatars on the site that people can select and "wear" like campaign buttons if they support my campaign. I don't know that anyone has used them yet, but I figure having the option available is a good step.

[edit on 3/8/2007 by thelibra]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Have to say this - either I'm making too much sense, am too controversial or the thought of someone from the UK running for ATS President doesn't sit very well with people - my campaign thread is awfully quiet, and a quiet campaign is disconcerting

The amount of postless space in AST is underwhelming and an autocracy (well it's not an autocracy but it's still outrageous.) I don't see my topic getting as many posts as other peoples topics or yours for that matter or getting as nearly as many posts as the ones in other threads that belong to someone else.

It does seem as if questions are being posted on individual candidates threads rather than in the "public" arena for everyone to answer. I don't see it as my place necessarily to crash someone elses campaign. Maybe I ought to start

That's a good thing. I agree there should be more threads in the above politics section and more and more people should be interested. And also, we shouldn't have one forum when someone is President so that they can put their statements or thoughts down and not only one person shouldn't be only able to do that.

My general question to all the candidates is, however, twofold.

I am glad that someone else feels the same. Since there aren't enough people interested in who is running or what we are saying that there should definitely be more social interaction with other people and more people should get involved. People shouldn't be limited or feel afraid to create more topics here. I already made a topic, and I am making a website with another ATS member to campaign on.

and

I think less abusive adds that take up less space on the top and better designed banner adds that we make on our own should be used on the banners on ATS. I expected us to be able to use the banner space.

Oh, and also they said we can use DISC for marketing our campaign.

However, nobody told me anything about that yet.

new topics

top topics

join