It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden Agenda - The Attack on Christianity

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by blue bird
Let me just 'teach' you something about gnosis - cos i am definitely sure that you do not have full insight. Why do I think that?

Cos you are havelly on sex and perversions, homosexuality and misbehaviors of that nature, but read this carefully:

What are you talking about?

If you're implying that Gnosis is about sexual perversion, then you're reading too much from pseudo-gnostics like Aleister Crowley and Stephen Hoeller.

No real Sufi or Gnostic could be a queer...

...as only the Man and Woman can enter the Initiations of Major Mysteries: together.

And again; nobody has yet to, nor can they, offer anything written by any real Gnostic(or Platonist) which suggests that Gnosis...

...and homosexuality are compatible.

If so, then let's see it.

One world : THE LAW OF INVERSION ---------> you will find that law in western gnosis.....sufi call them 'malamathya'......Christian orthodox call them 'jurodiv'......> and now you do some searching....

You mean as is said in the West: Demon est Deus Inversus?

I've brought that up a few times in these forums; even in this very thread I believe.

What about it?

Anyway, I'm not going to sit here and argue to try to convince anybody of anything.

I am however aware of the tendency toward cynical-skeptical-materialism and Black-Lodge-teachings on this forum.

And the tendency for people to slander things that they don't understand.

Some of us here have exposed those who propagate such things...

So I would advise all who post and lurk here to be aware of them.

Thelema

Thelema (Greek) Willpower.

“Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will (Thelema), but thine, be done.” - Luke 22: 42

So (Father), "do what thou wilt (Thelema), shall be the whole of the Law." And what is the whole of the law?

”Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself (who is thy Father, thy true Self).” - Matthew 22: 37-39

On these two commandments hang the whole of the law and the prophets.

As we can see, this is contrary to the common understanding of Thelema.

And I'm obviously not perfect, so not all of my posts reflect the Will of the Father Within.

So if any of my posts seem harsh, it certainly is not due to any harmful intention.

However, as Samael Aun Weor taught: We must not be complacent with crime.

Regards

[edit on 20-3-2007 by Tamahu]

Cug

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu

No real Sufi or Gnostic could be a queer...

No real member of the white lodge would teach hate.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
That's quite an ironic thing to say for one who promotes the teachings of a racist, don't you think?

Racism is much worse than anti-homosexuality.

That's why it's stupid and rediculously absurd, when pseudo-liberals try to act like anti-racism and the promoting of gay-rights are even in the same ballpark.

Homosexuality has nothing to do with diversity.

People of non-European descent should be outraged that these pale skinned "liberals" are lumping them together with gays.

(and many are outraged).

In fact, it is often-times racist whites who are the weirdos.

I could care less if I were the only white guy in the world.

But I certainly don't want to have to be exposed to gays and cross-dressers.

The teaching that Gnosis...

...and homosexuality are not compatible, is not "hate".

The klipothic vibrations that gays spread are indeed a form of hatred...

...hatred against the Holy Spirit.

Was the Grand Master of the White Lodge Aberamentho, Jesus Himself, teaching "hate", when he explained the destiny of gays...

...in the Pistis Sophia?

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Another thing.

No one can accuse me of being narrow minded, when we consider that no one else has pointed to a wider range of authors and teachings, from many Religious backgrounds and cultures, related to Religion, Occultism, and Philosophy; than I have.

Of course none of these wide varieties of sources would condone gayness.

And that is because they're all to some degree privy to the Universal Secret Doctrine.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cug

Amen to that, my Brother. It's always easy to discern the quacks due to that exact reason.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cug

Amen to that, my Brother. It's always easy to discern the quacks due to that exact reason.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cug

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Tamahu You mean as is said in the West: Demon est Deus Inversus?

I've brought that up a few times in these forums; even in this very thread I believe.

What about it?

O boy, was I right - when I said that you don't understand gnosis!

"The antinomian current in Gnostic Christianity came in two flavors, weak and strong.

The "weak" antinomian ideal held that since the flesh was just a temporary vehicle for the spirit, mature Christians could do whatever they pleased with their bodies. Biblical rules governing diet, behavior, dress, sex, etc., were restrictive and unnecessary distractions intended for the mundane herd, not the spiritual elite.

The "strong" antinomian ideal was embraced by those Christian groups we would today call "Short Path". Preaching depravity as a positive value, these urged believers to sin without restraint. Sex, fear and intoxicants were used to break down taboos and social conditioning, releasing tremendous amounts of magical energy while sanctifying the vilest deeds with a mysterious grace."

Beyond Good and Evil

Antinomian mystics have never been concerned with social status, physical comfort or moral redemption. Instead, their goal has always been the acquisition of divine power through mystical merger with the godhead.

What society calls evil is what violates boundaries and overflows without limit, blurring the categories between pure and impure, sacred and profane.

The antinomian heroine deliberately ignores these distinctions, performing acts that most people would see as dirty, disgusting or dangerous. Trespassing on divine territory, she frees herself from society's taboos, dissolving shame, fear and judgment as she opens herself up to the absolute.

With every forbidden act, the soul is enlarged and strengthened, made more able to receive and integrate the divine power unleashed thereby.

You can find the same pattern with Hindu - Aghora ('pure ones'): "Hindu holy men who practice necrophilia, cannibalism and even coprophagy (the eating of feces) in their fierce quest for wisdom"

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I'm not very impressed with such "scholarly" speculations.

And here's the source for your quote:

www.newdawnmagazine.com...

There's really only one Gnostic Tradition, which has appeared as many groups.

Some groups are of the authentic Gnostic Tradition, and some groups are not.

Gnosis, like the genuine White Tantra of India and Tibet, is the Middle Way.

Sexual activity is certainly not looked down upon; but fornication is.

Gnosis is like Dzogchen in that it, as Keith Dowman said, maneuvers between the "gradual" schools and the "sudden" schools.

Drugs are generally shunned as well.

However:

Sixth Clue

Master Huiracocha mentions in his “Rosicrucian Novel,” that a prodigious cactus named Peyotl or Jiculi exists in Mexico. He states that this cactus has the power of awakening Clairvoyance instantaneously to whosoever masticates it. The Peyotl allows the conscious projection of the Astral Body.

This is a sacred plant of the grand White Lodge.

Unfortunately, in the capital of the Mexican Republic, it is absolutely impossible to find the authentic Peyotl.

It can only be found in San Luis Potosi or among the Tarahuamara Indians of La Sierra in Chihuahua.

The Masters of the Temple of Chapultepec use this cactus for their instant and urgent astral journeys (all they need is to chew it).

(Editor’s Note: The following is from Aztec, Christic Magic , by the same author: “The Aztec Masters utilized the Peyote (Peyotl) in order to teach the neophytes to travel in their Astral Bodies.

However, we do not recommend the use of this marvelous cactus which makes the Astral Body separate itself from the Physical Body and preserves the lucidity of consciousness while acting in the Astral world.

Indeed, what we recommend is practice, much practice and soon you will act and travel within the Astral Body.”)

If any spiritual type of cult is extremely depraved, then it is not of Gnosis.

If it condemns any form of Sexuality between Opposite Sexes, then it could not be Gnosis either.

If you really want to know about Gnosticism, you can start with the writings of: Goethe, Godfrey Higgins, Kenneth R. H. MacKenzie, C.W. King, Ethan Allen Hitchcock, Eliphas Levi, Hargrave Jennings, Gerald Massey, John Yarker, H.P. Blavatsky, W. Wynn Westcott, G.R.S. Mead, Dion Fortune, Samael Aun Weor, Manly P. Hall, and a few others.

Cug

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
That's quite an ironic thing to say for one who promotes the teachings of a racist, don't you think?

Crowley wasn't a racist.. He made nasty comments about every race even his own.
But honestly it really wasn't racism it was classism (Just as bad as racism but a different thing), if you were not upper class and English odds are Crowley would say something nasty about you. He hated Americans, but loved the Mexicans for example is not your average racist thought.

But there is one point I don't think you understand.. We Thelemites follow the teachings of Crowley... not his actions. He never said live your life the same way I lived mine. He was just a man with an idea (a pretty good one at that) that he failed living up to his own ideas in many cases does not make the idea any less valid.

Thomas Jefferson was pretty outspoken saying slavery was immoral and should be outlawed... yet he owned slaves. Does that make his statements about slavery unworthy of being followed?

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cug

Crowley wasn't a racist.. He made nasty comments about every race even his own.
But honestly it really wasn't racism it was classism (Just as bad as racism but a different thing), if you were not upper class and English odds are Crowley would say something nasty about you.

And, of course, if you were upper middle class and English, odds were that Crowley would say something nasty about you too!

Actually, the upper class English bore the majority of his wrath. He was a militant critic of the entire order of Victorian culture.

He hated Americans, but loved the Mexicans for example is not your average racist thought.

Just to qualify, he didn't hate Americans, per se. He was just annoyed at American culture. He once wrote that the major problem with America is that it wants to force chewing gum on the entire world. This criticism is valid, even today.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join