It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witch...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
What thoughts does this word bring forth to your mind?

Do you feel earth magick to be evil?

Do you feel it to be pure and of goodness?

Does it make you uncomfortable when you see someone wearing a Pentacle in public?

I would like to know the publics opinion.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Does my alter make you uncomfortable? I made everything myself. It is a very powerful tool for manifestation, and ritualistic rite to God. The tools being handmade make them better at enhancement.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Nah man that looks cool lol...

Witch and Earth Magic sound kinda spooky... If you want it to. Can't those words be replaced by harmless sounding ones?

Seeing someone wear a pentacle, personally I don't think it's necessary to flaunt your beliefs around (too much of that already). Still takes guts so that's something... well if you were to wear it around here. Then again maybe not, most people might not know what it is anyway. Personally it wouldn't bug me but I would know what it was.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I think....

The Witch of Endor!

Then I think:
Endora!
Samantha Steven's mother ('Durwood's' mother in law)!

Then I think:
(in)door
(out)door

In Through the Out door!!!!
Fool In The Rain
In the Evening
Hot Dog

!!!

Always it comes back to Plant, Page, Bonham, and Jones!

Better to be a witch going in through the out door
than a misguided king of Israel going out through the in door!!!!

----------------------------

..but most of the time, when i hear the word 'witch' i think:

'who's hello-ing me?' and what the hell do they want now?
(and where did i put that darn crystal ball?)

eye am what eye am
and God made me like this on purpose
HIS purpose

who'da thunk it?
:shk:

2B
OR
KNOT
2B

[edit on 3/6/2007 by queenannie38]

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   
What does the word witch bring to my mind?

this: (skip to 40 seconds into it)

other than that , I think the assumption made that witches are evil is probably very wrong.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 03:09 AM
link   
As long as they don't turn me into a newt..It don't bother me none..If anything I'd probably be curious..Like what is all that stuff on your alter?? OK, after closer inspection of your alter I could see how one could get nervous..Is that a sword or knife? What is that used for.. I hope those aren't probing tools of any kind.
LOL!! Nah!! Don't scare me none..LOL!!

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
To each their own. It's no skin off my onion.

Besides, I'm never sure which witch is which.

I think that altar would only make me uncomfortable if I tried to sit on it. Having the jaws of life extract manifestation tools out of my nether regions doesn't sound like a good time.

Remember, this is ATS. I don't think you'll get anything close to a representative view of "the public" here.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Nice altar LGM.

When I hear "witch" I think of the beautiful full moon, our mother earth, the GODS, the great wheel, the elements of Earth, Air, Fire, Water, and Spirit. I have images of an energy raising that was so powerful and so beautiful that it stands out from every other circle I have ever attended.

I needed a reminder today of all that is good and powerful - thanks LGM.

Originally posted by gotanybob
Is that a sword or knife?

That is an athame - not for cutting, no worries.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by wellwhatnow

I needed a reminder today of all that is good and powerful - thanks LGM.
Thank you friend, now I know why I posted this thread.

Originally posted by gotanybob
Is that a sword or knife?

That is an athame - not for cutting, no worries.

That is correct it is an athame. The only thing it cuts is the barrier between this world and otherworld.

Alter tools from left to right. The first one is my wand, it is made from a willow tree from a house I raised a family in and my beloved dog had been buried under the business end has a triangular moonstone held in place with tree-sap and silver wire. On the other end is another moonstone that has a v-shape to it and is held in place the same way. The notch receives power (female) the one on the business end projects it (male) in the middle is my craft name hidden thrice, once in Gaelic, once in runic and once in meaning.

The next item is my cauldron.

The item sticking from the hole is my Stang. It is a male witches tool. Much explanation there, I will take some detailed pictures of it all later, it is made from an ash tree in my back yard. The "Jack of the woods" shaped hole was in the stump I cut the alter top from, was already there naturally, I was riding my motorcycle and saw this stump next to the road and knew it was my alter top. I stopped and turned around and saw that it had this hole in it. I am in complete touch with the earth mother.

Next is my Athame. The handle is made of the same piece of Ash as my Stang, in the butt is a moonstone (my very first moonstone) and the blade is a piece of metal ground down and polished.

Next is my Burin. It is for scribing candles for magick.

After that is the only cutting tool and it is my Bolene. This is the witch’s utility knife and is used for harvesting herbs for my work.

The rest are different stones a Tarot deck candle holders and an incense burner. I have to do some meditation so tomorrow I will try and post some close up shots of my tools, please feel free to ask questions.

I am officially out of the broom-closet on ATS.
Don't burn me at the stake please!

Cug

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
Does my alter make you uncomfortable?

Nope nothing uncomfortable about that.

Slightly offtopic but here is a pic of some of my old GoldenDawn style tools

From the top left clockwise.

Air dagger
Water cup
Fire wand

Banishing dagger

I can't find a pic of the Earth Pentacle, lotus wand, and triangle of the art.

I'm currently working on more Thelemic tools and a proper double cube alter.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Don't burn me at the stake please!

It ain't so bad as people assume it to be...just make sure the woodpile is LARGE and not small. (that way you die of the heat before the flames lick your toes - ALL it takes is 8 minutes)

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Hello LGM,
in your last post you said "please feel free to ask any questions".
So here goes, what do those in your craft, (or more specifically, you) think about what is written in the Bible in refernce to God's attitude toward those who practice such things? I have listed some quotes from the King James Version.
Please don't see this as an attack, because I truely believe we are all allowed to chose what we believe. I would just like to know what it is you believe about what is stated in the Scriptures about such practices, because on many other threads I have read where you seem to state a belief in God. If that is the case I guess I'm trying to figure out if you are referring to the God of Abraham, or some other diety...

external source

Deuteronomy 18 (King James Version)
9When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee,
thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.
10There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his
daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch.
11Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
12For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD:
and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.
13Thou shalt be perfect with the LORD thy God.
14For these nations, which thou shalt possess, hearkened unto observers of times,
and unto diviners: but as for thee, the LORD thy God hath not suffered thee so to do.

2 Kings 21:6 (King James Version)
6And he made his son pass through the fire, and observed times,
and used enchantments, and dealt with familiar spirits and wizards:
he wrought much wickedness in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.

Exodus 22:18-20 (King James Version)
18Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.
19Whosoever lieth with a beast shall surely be put to death.
20He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed.

2 Chronicles 33:1-6 (King James Version)
1Manasseh was twelve years old when he began to reign, and he reigned fifty and five years in Jerusalem:
2But did that which was evil in the sight of the LORD, like unto the
abominations of the heathen, whom the LORD had cast out before the children of Israel.
3For he built again the high places which Hezekiah his father had broken down, and he reared up altars for Baalim,
and made groves,and worshipped all the host of heaven, and served them.
4Also he built altars in the house of the LORD, whereof the LORD had said,
In Jerusalem shall my name be for ever.
5And he built altars for all the host of heaven in the two courts of the house of the LORD.
6And he caused his children to pass through the fire in the valley of the son of Hinnom:
also he observed times, and used enchantments, and used witchcraft,
and dealt with a familiar spirit, and with wizards:
he wrought much evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.

Micah 5 (King James Version)
12And I will cut off witchcrafts out of thine hand; and thou shalt have no more soothsayers:
13Thy graven images also will I cut off, and thy standing images out of the midst of thee;
and thou shalt no more worship the work of thine hands.
14And I will pluck up thy groves out of the midst of thee: so will I destroy thy cities.
15And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Cug

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by holidaystar1
Hello LGM,
in your last post you said "please feel free to ask any questions".
So here goes, what do those in your craft, (or more specifically, you) think about what is written in the Bible in refernce to God's attitude toward those who practice such things?

I'm not LGM but if I may...

You probably don't care how the Hindu Vedas or the Koran say you should act. It's the same thing here I just don't care what the Bible said about it, it's not my book.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cug
You probably don't care how the Hindu Vedas or the Koran say you should act. It's the same thing here I just don't care what the Bible said about it, it's not my book.

Good answer!

If I may go further. The bible had a few agendas. One was to gain control of the people that follow it and banish al other beliefs and any other heirophants (teachers) and any other wise people. To do this you have to make them be something to be feared and hunted, remember the printing press was not invented until around 1450, so people in the times the Christians religion was trying to take over and until just over 500 years ago most people could not read and saw most cannons as something that is beyond there scope of thought.

Therefore it carried great power over them, and the ones (the priests) that could read it to them seemed of God and were giving them Gods word. They used this power to crush all other belief, and the witches were the wise-ones, the healers and sayers. They got rid of the competition like any desent conquest does.

We are not in the dark age anymore now are we?

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   

If you say so.

This seems to be Irony Day for me, for some reason.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
When I hear witch, I think of several people I know and admire and also Willow from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I think anything can be used to good or bad. It all depends on the person.

I think your alter is beautiful.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   

They got rid of the competition like any decent conquest does.

Well....MOST of it. That which they could see...but God hides his dark secrets and only reveals them to whom He wills.

Isaiah 45:3-10
And I will give you the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that you may know that I, the LORD, which call you by name, am the God of Israel.
For Jacob my servant's sake, and Israel mine elect, I have even called you by your name: I have surnamed you, though you have not known me.
I the LORD, and none else, no God beside me: I girded you, though you have not known me:
That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that none beside me. I the LORD, and none else.
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these.
Drop down, you heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the LORD have created it.
Woe unto him that strives with his Maker! the potsherd with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioned it, What do you make? or your work, He has no hands?
Woe unto him that says unto father, What do you beget? or to the woman, What have you brought forth?

Treasures of darkness!?!?!

What could that mean?

Isaiah 45:15
Truly you are a God that hides yourself, O God of Israel, the Savior.

Perhaps God uses very good camouflage as well as unfailing diversionary tactics...to preserve his peculiar treasures until the day He has determined to reveal them?

Luke 12:1-3
In the mean time, when there were gathered together an innumerable multitude of people, insomuch that they tread one upon another, he began to say unto his disciples first of all, Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy.
For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known.
Therefore whatsoever you have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the light; and that which you have spoken in the ear in closets shall be proclaimed upon the housetops.

Out of the closet!!
for the Lone Gun Man!!!

Beware hypocrisy - which is the leaven of the Pharisees. The ones that accused Christ of having a demon. The blind ones who did not even realize who Christ was? (and I don’t mean as the Messiah – I mean WHO HE WAS) The pious religious men of the day that crucified Him for daring to aspire to that which God appointed Him!

These were the forerunners of they that burned Jeanne d’Arc at the stake! In the name of Christ! For being a witch because she was directly led by Michael, God’s highest ranking Captain...names change but not much else.

Let’s see…that is TWO unjust executions justified by kangaroo courts held by jealous ‘men of God’ in order to maintain their own earthly position in the eyes of MEN. Unqualified judges condemning self through the act of condemning those whom God chose, prepared, and sent.

Jealousy = envy = covetousness = deadly poison!

Jealousy springs more from love of self than from love of another.
~ Francois de La Rochefoucauld

1 Corinthians 4:1-5
Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.
Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.
But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.
For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judges me is the Lord.
Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

Perhaps they were a bit hasty? Once again, some things never seem to change...a change of name NEVER protects against the penetrating judgment of TRUTH.

1 Corinthians 4:12-14
And labor, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it:
Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, the off-scouring of all things unto this day.
I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn.

Defamed as the filth of the world…the FILTH??!?! Do the religious leaders of then or now EVER hint that they consider themselves the filth of the world?

NO! They are the ones who think they are appointed to judge in God’s place according to what they have determined is justified and what is not. But yet their confusion remains – as does the world’s.

Jeanne d’Arc was NOT confused and neither was Jesus.

IF the religious leaders feel compelled to put a soul on trial for such dire crimes that they assert are breaking the law of Moses…then why do they not do it according to the WHOLE law?

Deuteronomy 17:6-7
At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he that is worthy of death be put to death; at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death.
The hands of the witnesses shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterward the hands of all the people. So thou shalt put the evil away from among you.

Judas was just ONE witness.

Matthew 18:16
But if he will not hear, take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

Even before trial, the Pharisees broke the law. They were conspiring to murder Jesus – they sought not God’s law but were only interested in remaining in power over God’s people. At the time of the crucifixion, the Jews no longer even had the right, under the Roman Empire’s rule, to actually commit the physical act of execution! Essentially, the law was null and void.

Matthew 26:59-60
Now the chief priests, and elders, and all the council, sought false witness against Jesus, to put him to death;
But found none: yea, though many false witnesses came, they found none. At the last came two false witnesses.

These priests were not even Levites!

If grace is applicable to all souls for the last 2,000 years…then would this not also apply to witches? ESPECIALLY if they do not harm others and instead love their neighbor and also do not deny the name of Christ?

I KNOW Brian (LGM) fits into those guidelines. God knows this, too…and God also knows Brian by name. Therefore what can anyone judge against him because of his beliefs? Besides that, he risks his own life every single day for strangers! And gets little thanks even from those he supports! Brian is a GOOD Samaritan and is also called AND chosen.

‘Do what thou wilt – but harm none.’ Sounds a lot like what Paul attempted to convey more than once. AC was far more concise – honest as well. (not that Paul wasn’t…but Paul’s sword was the epitome of double-edged - and the trap he was appointed to set in place has been insanely successful for the last 2,000 years!)

Titus 1:15
Unto the pure all things pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.

The pure in heart shall SEE God! Not the ‘non witchcraft practicing’ pure in heart…not the nominal Christian pure in heart…the PURE in heart…period.

What makes a man’s heart pure?

The hope toward the manifestation of the sons of God. (1 John 3:2-3)
A clean conscience. (Acts 24:16)
Unfeigned love of the brethren. (1 Peter 1:22)

What are the signs of purity?

James 3:16-18
For where envying and strife, there confusion and every evil work.
But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

Those that make peace…hmmm…even the so-called anti-christ (who is condemned before hand because of the peace he is expected to usher in) is more eligible to manifest fruits of righteousness than those who preach condemnation of same!

Depends on what kind of darkness you mean. Those who are blind are in the dark even under the light of the sun at high noon!

The day of the LORD is to be a day of darkness. Good thing for infra-red third eyes!

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

If you say so.

This seems to be Irony Day for me, for some reason.

I have to leave this quote intact because it is so damn funny!
My man that is very funny stuff, you should see my office its like the dark age was invaded by the fire dept. I have some very close baptist friends that would be beside themselves if they saw my stuff.

BH thank you for the compliment. I love my alter, it was the God/Goddess gift to me. I just did my thing to it, but it was all guided by the source.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

I KNOW Brian (LGM) fits into those guidelines. God knows this, too…and God also knows Brian by name. Therefore what can anyone judge against him because of his beliefs?

Oh my Pippi, I do not deserve such a rich spirit as yours. You dazzle me with your knowledge and amaze me with your heart. The world is a better place with you in it.

The mind of Christ...

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I have to leave this quote intact because it is so damn funny!

I'm glad you saw the humor.

I have some very close baptist friends that would be beside themselves if they saw my stuff.

oooo yeah. I luv messin' with the Baptists.

Some of my best buds over the years have been cops, soldiers, and firefighters, mainly because they flat know how to laugh.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join