It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yahweh is a DEMON

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Religion or Faith by its very nature is irrational.

It appeals to ethos and not logos in argument. Statements, facts and figures no matter how they are presented are useless.

I have learned this over and over, but I will present why I do not believe that the G-d of Abraham is a "demon" as you call it. I will also try to show why a Divine Being cannot be limited in aspects. I will also try to show that good, evil, pain, pleasure, and love can be very subjective. Lastly I will show that nature of all life is violent and predatory.

First what is a demon? The word originates from the greek daimon and originally meant a type of spirit. There were good and evil daimons in ancient greek belief. The concept was very similar to the idea of a guardian angel. When Christianity spread it often took ideas from pagan myths. Some it made into evil ideas others it assimilated into its own practices.

The Church took the Greek Daimon and identified it with evil spirits. Demon became a very broad term that covered many things the Church considered evil.

The concept of an evil spirit isnt new. Its pretty much a universal concept among religions. In the Bible there are types of evil beings. The Seirim which are kind of like Greek Satyrs. The Shedim are Bull like beings. The Tannim are Serpentine/Draconic beings.

Evil spirits by nature are limited in power and often not much more than a type of bogeyman in most religions. They arnt Divine Beings or Titanic Beings.

Throughout the world there are plenty of Divine beings that are violent, bloodthirsty, merciless, and cruel. The G-d of Abraham is actually quite merciful compared to many other mythological deities. He is also the Only deity that I know of from any religion that can be Reasoned with and has ever apologized. I would direct people to read about Abraham and Moses' interactions with Him.

Most ancient deities were not really defined by good or evil as we know it. They often represented the forces of law and order against forces of Chaos. The forces of Chaos represented by Titanic beings like the Titans, Gigantes, Tiamat, Apep/Apophis, Asuras, Ahriman, Jontunheim, and Fomorians.

The G-d of Abraham is unique in that He has no opponents. He subdues Leviathan which is His creation and the Procurator Satan is His servant. He alone is the source of peace and destruction as shown in Isaiah 45:7. The Host of Heaven serves Him and has been allotted to the Nations, but He declares Israel as His alone. He is not limited by the ideas of good or evil.

Lets examine good and evil briefly. What is truly good and what is truly evil? Some would say life is good and death is evil. Some would say pleasure is good and pain is evil. Yet is the life of flourishing parasites in the body of young child truly good? Is the death of entire colonies of bacteria that have infected a person truly evil? These beings, lifeforms are struggling to survive as all life on earth is. Survival comes at the expense of other life, single celled, plant and animal. Is the pleasure induced by coc aine and heroin truly good? Is the pain of giving birth truly evil? How good and evil is defined is very subjective and depends on perspectives. For me Evil is defined by Ignorance and Emotional Irrationality. These two have killed more people, caused more suffering, and more destruction than anything else in written history.

Love itself is very subjective and often depends on cultural values and ideals. Some would say it is selfless, yet in Western Civilization marriages and relationships are driven by selfishness which has higher priority than the bond or unity of "love". Love of Self? That seems to be a contradiction. Some say love is a bond that holds families, tribes, and clans together. Some say love is charity and compassion. Some find love in an orgasm. Love is an ideal that can be whatever you want it to be.

Now for some fascinating facts about our mudball we live on. Note this is Zoological in nature, for some truly horrible realities try looking up human behavior related to these.

Cannibalism
en.wikipedia.org...

Sexual Cannibalism
en.wikipedia.org...

Infanticide
en.wikipedia.org...

Savaging
en.wikipedia.org...

Parasites
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Parasites that induce Suicide
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Predation
en.wikipedia.org...

My conlusion is that our world, creation is not the mad construct of some demonic entity. Our world of Flesh and Matter has no bearing on the nature of the Divine or Ultimate Reality. Flesh and Matter is finite and infinitesimal. Ultimate reality and the Divine transcends all Matter and all Flesh. Pain, Suffering, Death, and Life are finite and have no ultimate significance.

It truly is all about Perspective be it Divine or Human. So based on that I believe the Gnostic perspective is subjective and irrational. We are simply in no position to define ultimate good, evil, or even reality.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
blah blah blah *COUGH-COUGH-HOCKS UP A LOOGEE-COUGH-COUGH*

Leviticus is the single most crap book in the entire Old Testament.

As far as Christians go, Christ even taught his students not to practice Leviticus if they deemed it unnecessary.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
There is the 'Unbegotten', The 'Self begotten' and the only 'begotten'. We are but begotten spirits in the image of G-d. We humans/lessor entities, can only describe what the unbegotten one may be like.. no one knows but the self begotten and the only begotten one. The vastness of the unbegotten one can not be contained, therefore it can not be described in completeness. Please excuse spelling errors. I hope that everyone is learning, loveing, and existing as the Unbegotten one would love to see transpire.
Peace and harmony through unconditional Love!

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The world can't exist harmoniously through unconditional love!

Us sexy people will always get taken advantage of in that situation

come out of him, you demon!

[edit on 10/3/2007 by runetang]

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I'm with you on this one DAlen.

I say we should be worshiping satan who is the rightful god.

I've said it for years that there is a real problem with the gods in the bible. In the first testement god is pretty damned insecure and evil. suddenly in the second testement god is all loving and caring and satan isn't mentioned a whole lot.

To me it looks like . Enlil the sumerian god in charge of the sumerian panthenon was the old testement god. enlil was more a beurocrat and despot than a kind and loving father. Enlils older, wiser brother Enki. who was not put in charge for various BS reasons about his mother not being part of his dad Anu's offical family and born of a mistress on the side. so he didn't get control of the panthenon of gods or the right to rule. his little more concerned about holding on to power little brother did instead.

Enlil was the god of the sky and was said to be up in heaven. Enki, created man, and was the god of the ground and mainly water. Notibly he was the god of the Abzu. the word that means basically to go down, or deep hole. it's where the word abyss comes from (hell) he was the wise god. His symbol is a serpent. enki's clan feuded with enlils clan for melennia. Enlil the original victor wrote the history books to make him look good and his brother enki look bad. THats where the don't trust the serpent who gives wisdom thing comes about.

Later enki's clan begins to dominate and that is were you begin to see all the love thy neighbor stuff.

I argue that there is no real evil entity, but that the original god tried to demonize enki called him bad names etc...

Enki is satan, but satan invented man and loves us like a child not like enlil who wants to be a despotic insecure douche and tell us to sacrafice kids and things. Either way neither were really gods, and nobody has invented or intelligently created anything in the universe. we were just hood winked a long time ago.

SO the real entity to worship, although worshiping anything is a bad idea would be satan( enki) and not God( enlil)

Enki's symbol was a flying serpent. just like the egyptian gods, and the aztec and mayan ones. enki got around, but everywhere he went he was known as kind and full of wisdom. he was a bit excentric but a good god.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Question other than it's association with the devil in the adam and eve story how come the serpent in most societies was about great hidden knowledge and the whole kundalini thing? Serpents were a positive thing. from native americans to aztecs mayans, egyptians, sumerians, indians from india etc...

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Like to DIG this up.

Derek if you're still around here must say that you're absolutely right Yahweh ( can one say "Jahweh"? ) is the true creator of this place which is anything but good.

The amount of disinformation in the new age movements is INCREDIBLE and i encourage everyone to subscribe NONE of them.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paul the seeker
The true creator of this place which is anything but good.

Speak for yourself, this place could be heaven if we wanted it. The only thing fouling up Earth is stupid humans placing themselves ahead of everything else.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaAnuOmega
If we are made in "his image" and he is jealous and unforgiving, how come the 10 commandmets says we shall not envy. Also, if God is allowed to impregnate random women with his child, isn't that adultry. The bible contradicts itself to wits end. This is why priests rape little boys!

WOW.....actually priest's rape little kids because some of them are pedofiles!

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
What better way to steal people from the true god than by tricking the world into worshiping the wrong entity? ive suspected this for some time now and with all the proof there in one big pile im absolutely certain of it. anyone hear about all the pagan alters they found underneath church alters after the bombings in WW2? i believe god is real but religion is a scam that actually throws us OFF OF THE TRUE PATH

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Yep - one and the same...

J.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DerekOneSeven17

Demon? I'm sorry you have a "Christian" Bible but the Book of Yahweh, The Holy Scriptures (the most accurate translation of the bible) don't reflect those things:

Death for Adultery: Death is the natural result of adultery. Fornication and adultery cause over 125 sexually transmitted diseases. And who knows how many other problems.

Burned for Fornication: Religion experts are familiar with the Fires of Molech. It's a phrase found Lev. 18:21 and in a nutshell means the system of learning unrighteousness (cf. Isa. 5:24 law likened to fire).

Kill nonbelievers: nonbelievers don't have the secrets of eternal life. Instead they have war, hatred, violence, disease epidemics. They die by themselves. I recall one account in the OT where the Israelites watched as the enemy army suddenly turned on each other in confusion and began killing each other.

Kill False Prophets: Okay. This is getting repititious. Just because the bible you have uses the word "kill" prolifically, doesn't mean it should have been translated "kill." Christian's destroyed the Jewish temple in 70 c.e., and stole many artifacts, which they took to Rome (in case you were wondering where the Ark is). They exercised "holy crusades" killing many (with a sword in one hand and the mistranslated laws you list above) in their mind, and a cross in the other hand.

[[[ to queennannie38 ]]] I speak to the idea he presented as he understands it. He thinks he is speaking of the one I refer to and believe in as Yahweh, my Heavenly Father and Creator. I understand what a daemon is and know he does/did not.

[[[ befoiled ]]] you quote netzsche? Have you read "Will to Power?" He thought extremely low of the Christian. The Herd! The Christian's "FAITH" is a blind and numb sheep-like existance that is ONLY excited by death. There is no peace, or love. There is no freedom from the illnesses of this world. The differences in Christians and non are in title only.

www.yahweh.com

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by realmatrix

[[[ to realmatrix ]]] it is commanded by the Babylonian Talmud for the "priests" to do these terrible things to our youth. (cf. Mat. 15:9 & Mar. 7:7). In these Last Days, the Catholic priests fit the Babylonian Tulmudic profile.

According to The Book Of Yahweh, Holy Scriptures, those Catholics are priests of satan Ezk. 22:26

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

[[[ BASSPLYR ]]] "aztecs mayans, egyptians, sumerians, indians from india"

You may notice that all those nations, with their religions, have one thing in common - they are not Israelite. According to the Book of Yahweh, Holy Scriptures, the snake is unclean and should not be eaten, touched, worshiped, or used in science/medicine.

The snake being both unclean and poisonous was a likely choice to describe Satan... to those of us up to date on the ancient pagans we know, too, that Satan was the deity worshipped by all those religions except only Israel. And even in the BOY, HS we read that not all Israel remained true to Yahweh.

www.yahweh.com

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I see nothing in the Old or New testaments that suggest Satan is actually a bad guy.

Satan's body count: 0
Number of violent threats made: 0
Number of ultimatums issued: 0
Number of occasions of unfair favouritism shown: 0

God's only problem with Satan is the fact that Satan preaches independance from God, and subservience to himself instead. And he does things with less of that blood-on-the-altar stuff, too.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
Satan's lie # 1: He tried to convince others that YHWH is a demon.

Satan's lie # 2: he calls God a liar and murder.

Satan's lie # 3:He tried to convince others that he does not exist.

Ok how did he appear to give us the first 2 lies if by the 3rd time he doesn't exist? LOL Shouldn't he have given that rule first don't ya think? Where are you getting this from?? Don't you know the meaning of scapegoated is basically means framed, set-up?? Read the day of atonement my friend.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I'm inviting you guys to this thread, I've presented some good information with plenty of sources to verify.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I agree only to a point. As stated in my previous post there is a strong possibility that the bible depicts accounts of 2 gods,
Gen 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" Gen 1:26-27 God said "Let Us make man in Our image...in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and feamle He created them".
Gen 1:29 Basically God states an example of a vegetarian diet

On the day that God rested the dark Lord created another universe, or reality in one day (the 7th day) Genesis 2, and created his chosen people. The old testament is riddled with rape pillage and plunder all being directed and orchestrated by the Lord to his chosen people.
Genesis 2:16; "...he shall rule over you" commands male superiority over female,
Gen 2:4 "...in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens..." (note; opposite to Gen 1:1; heavens and the earth) Gen 2:7 "And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground ...Gen 2: 20 ...But for Adam there was not found a helper comparable to him...the rib...Lord God made into a woman..." (note: woman made much later than man and neither were made in the image of God as in Gen 1 Male and female He created them Gen 3:21 the beginning of the blood sacrifices pleasing to the Lord God...Gen 8:21 the smell of burning flesh was a "soothing aroma" to the Lord

There is written accounts of the two Gods and even of an angel of the Lord and an angel from God.

I believe the earth is our home. It is the most beautiful planet in the entire universe. I believe that Anastasia from the ringing cedars book series covers the perfect nature of earth exquistly.

It is the dark side that wants us to believe earth is not our home. The dark side that wants people to believe in a home other than earth. Earth is mother, earth is a living creation designed for us her children to support us feed us and offer us home and refuge in the universe. Only a dark Lord who does not like women very much would perverse human thoughts to rape and plunder the mother earth and then get people to disrespect her and wish they were living some where else.

Our God or father of the Genesis 1 (not genesis 2!) created us in the image of God male and female, equal. With love and respect, I love earth my mother and my home. I hope that people begin to project loving thoughts to her and respect the home she has provided.

Our planet is beautiful it is the human being that is manifesting so much pain, and their fixation on ego and pain. Even some movies depict murder rape, pain, torture and people say, "thats entertainment" WTF?
It is Not earth our mother and father that is doing this, it is perverted humans manifesting perverted concepts and saying thats life...or that was fun, after watching a movie like SAW or saying whatever....in the name of whatever.... some are like sleep walkers living a nightmare and projecting their nightmare onto others. As in the Matrix movie...wake up.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dAlen
It appears from your post, if I am reading it correctly, that you admit that there is a difference in the God of the NT and that of the OT?

Old thread, but I need to say this: The OT "god" and the NT "god" are the same being. "Jesus" or "Yeshua" or whatever, if he even existed, used the old Bait & Switch on the masses. Any thinking person can see that Yahweh is clearly Negative, so "Jesus" came with that bull about loving one another and serving "god"...which just so happened to be him. "Jesus" also said a lot of weird Cult-like things...I mean come on, if some one calls you a Sheep and tells you that they are your Shepard, how can you not be suspicious? Thats probably why the dude got crucified in the first place lol...but yeah, so many have died because of this...And "Allah" is the same as "Yahweh", again mohammed used that same Bait & Switch technique....gets the masses everytime.

This stuff goes way back into antiquity...

[edit on 24-4-2010 by axiomaticobserver]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

Where is it that the Messiah is recorded as saying "Only a few will make it to Heaven."? I do not believe I have ever read that in any translation of Scripture.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join