It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iron Maiden Symbol

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
...just took a close look a some Iron Maiden CD's, and noticed (renoticed) a symbol used on their albums. I don't have a pic available, but I'll describe as best I can:

a circle with an arrow through it and pointing down
a smaller circle below and right of the above and connected with a line to the above
a smaller circle free of the first symbol and below and to the left

Anyone have a pic, and/or know of its significance or meaning??

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Which albums, specifically, do you see that on?
And is it hidden amidst the artwork or standing alone?

I've got Seventh Son in hand right now but can't find anything like what you are describing (but that doesn't mean i'm not overlooking it somehow!)

i'm curious!

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
They symbol isn't very obvious, here are the clues:

"The Number of the Beast" (1982): bottom right of the front cover, between the devil's left foot and some flames

"Piece of Mind" (1983): rear cover -- to the left of the padded door near the top -- a disembodied hand holds a chain with the symbol as a pendant

"Powerslave" (1984): rear cover -- upper right side -- at the foot of the first image on the wall

"Somewhere In Time" (1986): front cover - on the breastplate of "Eddie". I think this is the album with the most obvious display of the symbol. I also think its flashed very briefly on the video for "Wasted Years".

"Seventh Son of a Seventh Son" (1988): front cover - just to the left of where Eddie's spine touches the water. The symbol is very small, white, and faint, but does cast a reflection on the water. I think this is the last album which has the symbol.

I have "Fear of the Dark" (1992), and can't find the symbol anywhere. I think it is the next studio album after "Seventh Son...", but am not too sure. This is the last I.M. album I have -- Bruce Dickenson left sometime after "Fear...", and later returned, but I haven't really kept up with their new releases since 1992.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
all is explained below

but in the short its the artists signature

www.maiden-world.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
ok
i see it

WOW

i would have NEVER seen that i don't think!

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Wow you're so observant. How interesting.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
not so much observant as having positively

BIONIC

eyesight!

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
It's not Iron Maiden's symbol, it's the artist Derek Riggs' signature.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
ha ha ha bionic eyesight. That's a good one.

Any maiden fan worth his salt would have noticed this symbol. It's on all their earliest albums (I imagine it's on their newest ones too but I've stopped looking so closely at the art work) and on each individual 'eddie' too.

Up the irons!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The symbol is eddie the skeleton its so noticable on the cds and t-shirts im 12 and i know that and you call your selves fans !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

top topics

join