It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Larry Silverstein gets 4.6 billion in insurance from the 911 terrorist attacks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Larry Silverstein gets 4.6 billion in insurance from the 911 terrorist attacks

Source Link: www.nypost.com

Through a series of court cases, it has been determined that the insurers may owe Silverstein as much as $4.6 billion.

Silverstein was in the midst of securing $3.5 billion in insurance coverage when the Twin Towers were hit by hijacked airplanes on Sept. 11, 2001.

Afterward, he tried to collect $7 billion, saying each plane constituted a separate terrorist attack and entitled him to two insurance payouts. Two juries determined he was entitled only to an extra $1.1 billion.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
1010wins.com

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Man how much money does these geezer want. i am surprised there was not a bit of outrage from americans about this, as the geezer tried to make money out of this in the public.

but heck, just give him a few more billion, your country can afford it.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
That is more money than he could ever use in a lifetime. I hope he uses most of it for charities and helping the families of 9/11 victims.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Afterward, he tried to collect $7 billion, saying each plane constituted a separate terrorist attack and entitled him to two insurance payouts. Two juries determined he was entitled only to an extra $1.1 billion.

Yea, because you know, squeezing all the money you can out of the death of thousands of people is an honest and good thing to do.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charles Lee

Yea, because you know, squeezing all the money you can out of the death of thousands of people is an honest and good thing to do.

We can only imagine how it must feel to use those types of numbers when referring to money and not astronomy. I'm sure that greed and desire for more only increase as the numbers that you're speaking of increase.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The news story is not real specific but the understanding that I got is the money is coming from insurance companies, and it is going to a developer. The buildings were owned by the port authority, so I am gathering that the money is suppose to be used to build new buildings. So as I understood it the money is not going to a person, it is going to building the buildings. Which means about ten percent of the cost will go to the developer, one person.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
The news story is not real specific but the understanding that I got is the money is coming from insurance companies, and it is going to a developer. The buildings were owned by the port authority, so I am gathering that the money is suppose to be used to build new buildings. So as I understood it the money is not going to a person, it is going to building the buildings. Which means about ten percent of the cost will go to the developer, one person.

and whatever is not spent goes to silverstein. So if the new buildings cost 2 billion then he's keeping the rest.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reaper,
yes that is right, that is how the contracting game works.
And if the buildings cost twice what he contracted for then he is liable.
Not saying I like the way he is getting all this money, just commenting that it is not exactly going straight to his pocket.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Already a thread started here by myself earlier in the day. Beat you to the punch.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

[edit on 5-3-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   
The insurance are just doing double-standarts. With common citizens, there's a huge investigation for such a load of money. But for silverstein, no investigation about the fact that he pulled WTC7 with controlled demolition, and that there was also explosives in the WTC1&2... but we all know who owns the insurance company. If there was a clear investigation, he wouldn't have any money, he would be in jail.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
That is more money than he could ever use in a lifetime. I hope he uses most of it for charities and helping the families of 9/11 victims.

Ya right. He was part of the whole conspiracy. My guess is he announces that he is giving money to the 9/11 families but never actually does it.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   
He obviously has way too much money and should seriously consider sharing.... like with me

I know there are a lot who seem to think bigger or more is better... but past a certain point doesn't it basically become pointless to have or recieve so much?

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
How about we post where the money goes...

Insurance companies helping to foot the bill for the World Trade Center complex won't have to spend an extra $700 million to make the buildings "bigger and better," a judge ruled yesterday.

U.S. District Judge Harold Baer said the insurance companies will owe developer Larry Silverstein only what it would cost to rebuild the WTC as it was before 9/11.

So, in order to rebuild and make it safer, they will not have to foot any of the cost. It even states that this is not a settelment, but an estimated cost of what is MAY be. It is in the article. This has nothing to do with victims, it has to do with real estate and rebuilding the Trade Center site.

Please do not derail this thread that is stating that the city may be able to rebuild and have the insurance companies foot the bill.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
The insurance are just doing double-standarts. With common citizens, there's a huge investigation for such a load of money. But for silverstein, no investigation about the fact that he pulled WTC7 with controlled demolition, and that there was also explosives in the WTC1&2... but we all know who owns the insurance company. If there was a clear investigation, he wouldn't have any money, he would be in jail.

Yeah. Good thing he didn't have any motive. I mean what's a billion here or there.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
he may have got that 4 billion but that's not a third of the cost of rebuilding. not a smart guy if he was part of the so called "conspiracy"
of 9-11 .

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Silverstein was in the midst of securing $3.5 billion in insurance coverage when the Twin Towers were hit by hijacked airplanes on Sept. 11, 2001.

Unfortunately this is what worries me, the timing.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Let's remember that Silverstein is paying the mortgage on the destroyed buildings, which he intended to rent out and use those proceeds to pay the cost of the mortgage and upkeep.

Given that it seems unlikely that he will have as much office space (or as desirable since it is now an obvious target) in the new WTC it doesn't seem as likely that he is going to make out like a bandit.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
He's probably getting 4.6 billion.

Hmmmmmmm, ... ... ... ... it's too bad that rebuilding the entire site is going to cost more like 10 or 12 billion.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
some of that money should go to the families of the people that died, the jackass is just a money hungry bastard...sry for the harsh language i just hate people like this.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sunsetspawn

This is the statement that could make way for any conspiracy theory. But till the money is suppose to go to rebuild the buildings from what it sounds like.
As to this money going to the families, that will be on a cold day in h$ll.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join