It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 End of the World and other crap

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
OMG mayan calendar ended on 2012 that was their last year wow. So what it didn't sayanything about world ending why do humans take all normal things and turn them into some type of stupid subliminal message that is so stupid wow. Some people do it to get attention and once a rumor spread its history well who comes up with these rumors we the the americans because we like to be jackasses just like rest of the world well maybe bigger than that. Well 2012 doesn't indicate anything matter of fact they called their years era. So maybe a new Era will beginning maybe super earth computerized mordern tech all the breakthoroughts might happen look at the bright side be optimistic i know i make a whole lot of sense and i'm damn sure nothings going to happen nothing happen when we hit millenium, or 666 crap now we in 2007 some guy posted a thread about 2007 being the 2012 of mayans. okay where do you come with from make sense atleast back you fact up have reason make sense. Ya'll believe the pope, pope doesn't know anything about the future.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 03:03 AM
link   
The magazine New Scientist, 9 Jan 99, carried an article covering a meeting of the American Astronomical Society. A team of astronomers studying Sun-like stars discovered that most of them seem to produce a superflare about once a century.

They studied observational records and found that stars similar to the Sun occasionally become as much as ten times brighter, for periods of hours or days. The astronomers are reported to be baffled as to why the Sun is so stable. Perhaps it does flare, but only every five thousand years, when the magnetic field reverses; causing so much destruction that no eye witness accounts have survived.

August 13, 3113 BC Day one Mayan Sun.
Circa 3100 BC Ancient Egyptian first dynasty
3102 BC start of Kali Yuga in India.
11:11 AM, December 21, 2012, Annual Winter Solstice
Dec. 21, 2012 is day one of Baktun 13 Mayan ( 13.0.0.0.0.)
Dec. 21, 2012 end of Suntelia Aion, Ancient Greece.
Hindu Vedas say this is the time of the end of the Kali Yuga.
THe Aborigines of Australia say the 40 000 year dreamtime is ending now.
The Maori agree.
The Hopi elders named nine signs that would precede the 'third shaking', and eight are in the books as of today, one to go.
Many peoples spoke of these last days of the Great Cycle, including the: Maya, Hopi, Egyptians, Kabbalists, Essenes, Qero elders of Peru, Navajo, Cherokee, Apache, Iroquois confederacy, Dogon Tribe, and Aborigines.
Christian prophets claim the rapture, armageddon, or apocalypse is very soon.
The Greeks called the end of the age Suntelia Aion. Plato refered to a cycle of catastrophe at the end of the age. The Suntelia Aion was symbolized by the Ouroboros. The myth of the Ouroboros refers to a serpent of light that resides in the heavens. The Milky Way galaxy is that serpent and when viewed from galactic central point it eats its own tail.
Dec. 21, 2012 is the Suntelia Aion, Ancient Greece.
Astrologists say we are entering a new age now, 2010 said by some to be the first year that we spend more days in Aquarius than in Pisces.

I will give these many ancient astronomers credit, especially since they all seem to agree, even though they are far apart in different parts of the world. The sun may just burp, a little glitch, relative to the solar scale. We don't know the sun's long cycles, and they may have. Our pride is our fault, thinking they couldn't have been smarter than us. They may have been.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   

The Hopi elders named nine signs that would precede the 'third shaking', and eight are in the books as of today, one to go.

hey thats cool
I'm going to see some friends on the Hopi res this year so i'll keep you informed as to the 9th

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 06:47 AM
link   
There is a problem with this. The earth is 150 million km from the sun and isnt very large. Who says that the next superflare will hit us? There is a much higher chance that it will just go through space and hit at most a couple of rocks in space.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
August 13, 3113 BC Day one Mayan Sun.
Circa 3100 BC Ancient Egyptian first dynasty
3102 BC start of Kali Yuga in India.
11:11 AM, December 21, 2012, Annual Winter Solstice
Dec. 21, 2012 is day one of Baktun 13 Mayan ( 13.0.0.0.0.)
Dec. 21, 2012 end of Suntelia Aion, Ancient Greece.
Hindu Vedas say this is the time of the end of the Kali Yuga.
THe Aborigines of Australia say the 40 000 year dreamtime is ending now.
The Maori agree.
Many peoples spoke of these last days of the Great Cycle, including the: Maya, Hopi, Egyptians, Kabbalists, Essenes, Qero elders of Peru, Navajo, Cherokee, Apache, Iroquois confederacy, Dogon Tribe, and Aborigines.
Christian prophets claim the rapture, armageddon, or apocalypse is very soon.
The Greeks called the end of the age Suntelia Aion. Plato refered to a cycle of catastrophe at the end of the age. The Suntelia Aion was symbolized by the Ouroboros. The myth of the Ouroboros refers to a serpent of light that resides in the heavens. The Milky Way galaxy is that serpent and when viewed from galactic central point it eats its own tail.
Astrologists say we are entering a new age now, 2010 said by some to be the first year that we spend more days in Aquarius than in Pisces.

Great list you made up there!
Very interesting and informative. I would like to hear more on all of those points...
Hehe.... j/k.

The Hopi indian info is intriguing though, and caught my eye as well. Can you give a quick shortlist rundown on the 8 signs that already are here, and what that 9th sign will be?

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
"My people await Pahana, the lost White Brother, [from the stars] as do all our brothers in the land. He will not be like the white men we know now, who are cruel and greedy. we were told of their coming long ago. But still we await Pahana.
"He will bring with him the symbols, and the missing piece of that sacred tablet now kept by the elders, given to him when he left, that shall identify him as our True White Brother.
"The Fourth World shall end soon, and the Fifth World will begin. This the elders everywhere know. The Signs over many years have been fulfilled, and so few are left.
"This is the First Sign: We are told of the coming of the white-skinned men, like Pahana, but not living like Pahana men who took the land that was not theirs. And men who struck their enemies with thunder.
"This is the Second Sign: Our lands will see the coming of spinning wheels filled with voices. In his youth, my father saw this prophecy come true with his eyes -- the white men bringing their families in wagons across the prairies."
"This is the Third Sign: A strange beast like a buffalo but with great long horns, will overrun the land in large numbers. These White Feather saw with his eyes -- the coming of the white men's cattle."
"This is the Fourth Sign: The land will be crossed by snakes of iron."
"This is the Fifth Sign: The land shall be criss-crossed by a giant spider's web."
"This is the Sixth sign: The land shall be criss-crossed with rivers of stone that make pictures in the sun."
"This is the Seventh Sign: You will hear of the sea turning black, and many living things dying because of it."
"This is the Eight Sign: You will see many youth, who wear their hair long like my people, come and join the tribal nations, to learn their ways and wisdom.
"And this is the Ninth and Last Sign: You will hear of a dwelling-place in the heavens, above the earth, that shall fall with a great crash. It will appear as a blue star. Very soon after this, the ceremonies of my people will cease. "These are the Signs that great destruction is coming. The world shall rock to and fro. The white man will battle against other people in other lands -- with those who possessed the first light of wisdom. There will be many columns of smoke and fire such as White Feather has seen the white man make in the deserts not far from here. Only those which come will cause disease and a great dying. Many of my people, understanding the prophecies, shall be safe. Those who stay and live in the places of my people also shall be safe. Then there will be much to rebuild. And soon -- very soon afterward -- Pahana will return. He shall bring with him the dawn of the Fifth World. He shall plant the seeds of his wisdom in their hearts. Even now the seeds are being planted. These shall smooth the way to the Emergence into the Fifth World.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Some other things I have found:
"When the iron eagle flies and horses run on wheels, the Tibetan people will be scattered over the earth and the dharma will go to the land of the red man." --Tibetan Prophecy
"When the iron bird flies, the red-robed people of the East who have lost their land will appear, and the two brothers from across the great ocean will be reunited." --Hopi Prophecy]
If you went straight through the Hopi Reservation to the other side of the world, you would come out in Tibet.The Tibetan word for sun is the Hopi word for moon and the Hopi word for sun is the Tibetan word for moon.

They began to have these around 1950. And they authorized certain people to speak in English for the first time about these prophecies.
One that I used to listen to many times, over and over, was Thomas Banyaca. He was authorized to speak in English about what was on the stone tablets, and he has dedicated his life to doing this. And they began to tell us at these gatherings, "You're going to see a time in your lifetime when the human beings are going to find the blueprint that makes us."
They call that now DNA, deoxyribonucleic acid. They said, "They're going to cut this blueprint."
They call that now genetic splicing. And they said they're going to make new animals upon the Earth, and they're going to think these are going to help us. And it's going to seem like they do help us. But maybe the grandchildren and great-grandchildren are going to suffer.
The elders said long ago, "They will release these things, and they will use them." This is going to be released not too long from now. They are making new animals. The elders talked about this. "You will see new animals, and even the old animals will come back, animals that people thought had disappeared. They will find them here and there. They ll begin to reappear."
"You're going to see a time when the eagle will fly its highest in the night, and it will land upon the moon. And at that time, many of the Native people will be sleeping, which symbolically means they have lost their teachings. We're at that time now. The Eagle has landed on the moon, 1969. When that spaceship landed, they sent back the message, "The Eagle has landed." hopi

And here is some of the descriptions I have found attributed to the Hindu texts that the ancients wrote about this end of the Kali Yuga, which many say is now.
All kings occupying the earth in the Kali Age will be wanting in tranquillity, strong in anger, taking pleasure at all times in lying and dishonesty, inflicting death on women, children, and cows, prone to take the paltry possessions of others, with character that is mostly vial, rising to power and soon falling.
They will be short-lived, ambitious, of little virtue, and greedy. People will follow the customs of others and be adulterated with them; peculiar, undisciplined barbarians will be vigorously supported by rulers. Because they go on living with perversion, they will be ruined.
Dharma becomes very weak in the Kali Age. People commit sin in mind, speech, and actions.
Quarrels, plague, fatal diseases, famines, drought, and calamities appear. Testimonies and proofs have no certainty. There is no criterion left when the Kali Age settles down.
People become poorer in vigor and luster.
They are wicked, full of anger, sinful, false, and avaricious.
Bad ambitions, bad education, bad dealings, and bad earnings excite fear.
The whole batch becomes greedy and untruthful.
Many sudras will become kings, and many heretics will be seen.
There will arise various sects; sannyasins wearing clothes colored red.
Many profess to have supreme knowledge because, thereby, they will easily earn their livelihood.
In the Kali Age, there will be many false religionists.
India will become desolate by repeated calamities, short lives, and various diseases.
Everyone will be miserable owing to the dominance of vice and Tamoguna.
People will freely commit abortion.
Earth will be valued only for her mineral treasures.
Money alone will confer nobility.
Power will be the sole definition of virtue.
Pleasure will be the only reason for marriage.
Lust will be the only reason for womanhood.
Falsehood will win out in disputes.
Being dry of water will be the only definition of land.
Praise worthiness will be measured by accumulated wealth. I
Propriety will be considered good conduct, and only feebleness will be the reason for unemployment.
Boldness and arrogance will be equivalent to scholarship.
Only those without wealth will show honesty.
Just a bath will amount to purification, and charity will be the only virtue.
Abduction will be marriage.
Simply to be well dressed will signify propriety.
Any hard-to-reach water will be deemed a pilgrimage site.
The pretense of greatness will be the proof of it, and powerful men with many severe faults will rule over all the classes on earth.
Oppressed by their excessively greedy rulers, people will hide in valleys between mountains, where they will gather honey, vegetables, roots, fruits, birds, flowers and so forth.
Suffering from cold, wind, heat and rain, they will put on clothes made of tree bark and leaves.
And no one will live as long as twenty-three years.
Thus in the Kali Age humankind will be utterly destroyed.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Hindu Vedas say this is the time of the end of the fourth (iron)age, the Kali Yuga.
According to the Hindu tradition of cosmology, we are now nearing the end of the Kali Yuga (the Age of Iron) which is the final and most negative of four evolutionary Yugic cycles.
The Vishnu Purana, one of the oldest sacred texts of India says about the Kali Yuga, "The leaders who rule over the Earth will be violent and seize the goods of their subjects... Those with possessions will abandon agriculture and commerce and will live as servants, that is, following various possessions. The leaders, with the excuses of fiscal need, will rob and despoil their subjects and take away private property. Moral values and the rule of the law will lessen from day to day until the world will be completely perverted and agnosticism will gain the day among men."

The myth of the Ouroboros refers to a serpent of light that resides in the heavens.The Milky Way galaxy is that serpent and when viewed from galactic central point it eats its own tail.
The Greeks called the end of the age Suntelia Aion.Plato refered to a cycle of catastrophe at the end of the age.The Suntelia Aion was symbolized by the Ouroboros.

The Milky Way Galaxy keeps a great time cycle that ends in catastrophic change.The Sign of the Suntelia Aion is the Sun rising out of the mouth of the Ouroboros,which will take place on the solstice of December 2012.
According to the "calendar in stone" of the Great Pyramid, which describes the so-called "Phoenix Cycle" of our galactic orbit, the present time period ends (converted to our present calendar) in the year 2012 AD. The Greek word PHOENIX, derived from the Egyptian word, PA-HANOK, actually means, "The House of Enoch".

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   

and what that 9th sign will be?

don't you listen Irondogg I already said

hey thats cool
I'm going to see some friends on the Hopi res this year so i'll keep you informed as to the 9th

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
mods can we do something about this guy

time and time again posts like this, how many strikes? a thousand

i find this thread very intresting

[edit on 3-3-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
i see two problems with your statement
1) you are ignorant of the hopi prophecies so don't know what I'm saying
2) you are ignorant of the fundementals of having a sense of humour

clearly if you think I said something insulting could you perhaps point it out
otherwise
perhaps you should reconsider your last post as the first personal attack in this thread and I should ask the mods to ban you for doing so

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
marduk i would gladly take a one week ban if u were banned as well

the board would flow alot smoother and much less arrogance and rudeness would be worth it.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by da king

OMG mayan calendar ended on 2012 that was their last year wow.

some guy posted a thread about 2007 being the 2012 of mayans. okay where do you come with from make sense atleast back you fact up have reason make sense.

thats the whole 'ball of wax'
we just don't absolutely know...all we can do is 'interpet'
the information in the 'messages' pesented to us (the collective humanity)

sure, the Mayan calendar of Great Cycles ends in 2012~~~and some people are profiting from writing doom-&-gloom books that this is the Absolute-Total-Armageddon-Destruction of the Earth & all life on earth era

but every one of the list that calls this particular period in time...The End->
also Says that humanity is also entering a new era/ or age/ or dream time/ or yuga.....or whatever!

the '2012' changes could happen 10-20-50-100 years after 2012 but still be
lumped in the 2012 'changes' category when your grand kids are in their history class at school

keep on challenging the popular consensus, and the generally accepted worldviews,
they're not always correct

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Alrighty then.

Kindly PLEASE stop the sniping back and forth. It adds NOTHING to the debate at hand.

Cheers
Fred

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Bravo Black Guard..........Bravo!

History Channel had new show on this topic the other night. I didnt know so many others had predicted something during 2012.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
IMO, any change that happens will not occur over night. Anytime there was an era change in human history it occured over years. People didn't all together stop using horses as transportation till after WWI. Even computers and the internet weren't household items till almost 5 to 6 years ago. Most changes that occur are when the technology becomes widely affordable and popular to the masses, not to say this supposed era change will occur via technology.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
One of the things I hear a lot used to refute the 2012 predictions is the recent Y2K non-happening. My boss at the time bought a thousand dollars in survival stuff preparing for it.... and I told him nothing would happen. It is far different when many ancient people make similar prophecies. A coronal mass ejection from the sun, if it happened to aim right for earth, is a serious matter. Who knows what cycles the sun has? It is certainly possible that long solar cycles are unknown to modern science, but were known in the past.
Marduk, always the joker. Humour is great, but every now and then it is nice to mix in some substance with it that adds to the discussion at hand.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   

It is far different when many ancient people make similar prophecies.

Except that those aren't ancient prophecies.

* For example, the Hopi one dates to the 1920's (which is hardly ancient).
* Astrologers have been saying we're entering the Age of Aquarius since the 1960's (you may not remember, but I do remember the musical, "Hair" and the song "this is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius.")
* Egyptians didn't see time as cyclical and believed the world and afterworld would always continue and would look like Ancient Egypt. That's what they REALLY believed. People have "channeled" many false claims, and you've run into some "channeled" info. If you read the Book of the Dead, you can clearly see that they had no end times expectations.
* the Greeks didn't believe in a 'Suntelia Aion'. This is (thank you, Harte) a phrase from Matthew 23 in the original Greek language. www.abovetopsecret.com...
* AmerInd tribes didn't have any 2012 connections in their legends... at least, not until the 1990's. That's not very ancient.
* The Australian aborigines have no real sense of time as we know it (likewise the Hopis) and have no date predictions.

...etc.
Remember that before Y2k, people were saying these same things about the years 1999 and 2000.

Who knows what cycles the sun has?

Scientists do. You can read about them by googling for the information.

It is certainly possible that long solar cycles are unknown to modern science, but were known in the past.

Not really. That requires direct observation of the sun, which can't be done safely by the naked eye. None of the cultures you cited above was aware of the very dramatic Schwabe-Wolf 11 year cycle, and it's a safe bet they didn't get the 273 month Hale cycle, the 87 year Gleissberg cycle, the 210 year Seuss cycle, the 2300 year Hallstatt cycle, etc, etc:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

It is far different when many ancient people make similar prophecies.

Except that those aren't ancient prophecies.

* For example, the Hopi one dates to the 1920's (which is hardly ancient).
* Astrologers have been saying we're entering the Age of Aquarius since the 1960's (you may not remember, but I do remember the musical, "Hair" and the song "this is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius.")
* Egyptians didn't see time as cyclical and believed the world and afterworld would always continue and would look like Ancient Egypt. That's what they REALLY believed. People have "channeled" many false claims, and you've run into some "channeled" info. If you read the Book of the Dead, you can clearly see that they had no end times expectations.
* the Greeks didn't believe in a 'Suntelia Aion'. This is (thank you, Harte) a phrase from Matthew 23 in the original Greek language. www.abovetopsecret.com...
* AmerInd tribes didn't have any 2012 connections in their legends... at least, not until the 1990's. That's not very ancient.
* The Australian aborigines have no real sense of time as we know it (likewise the Hopis) and have no date predictions.

...etc.
Remember that before Y2k, people were saying these same things about the years 1999 and 2000.

Who knows what cycles the sun has?

Scientists do. You can read about them by googling for the information.

It is certainly possible that long solar cycles are unknown to modern science, but were known in the past.

Not really. That requires direct observation of the sun, which can't be done safely by the naked eye. None of the cultures you cited above was aware of the very dramatic Schwabe-Wolf 11 year cycle, and it's a safe bet they didn't get the 273 month Hale cycle, the 87 year Gleissberg cycle, the 210 year Seuss cycle, the 2300 year Hallstatt cycle, etc, etc:
en.wikipedia.org...

Byrd, I don't claim to know when the Hopi predictions were made, but if you are right, and they date from the 1920's, the first four predictions have already happened. Are you saying they are being careless with the truth, and predicting after the fact?
Also, from what I have read, the transit from Pisces fully into Aquarius takes over fifty years, earth spending more days in Aquarius each year.
Egyptian and Greek information I have read may be wrong. I haven't seen any of the original texts.
Solar cycles are currently of intense interest to astronomers, and they are learning more every year. The idea that they already know all of the periodicities of any cycles over, say 10 000 years, is hard for me to accept. It is possible much shorter cycles may not be known, and the time periods in the Vedas stretch many times longer.
It may be true that we are the very first civilization to reach this level of advancement in astronomy, as you say.
But my opinion is that that is not the case. There is a possibility, I feel a strong probability, that within the last couple million years one or more times there have been equally advanced cultures. I know that is a minority opinion, and the popular view is that we are the first ones to reach these levels of advancement.
Regarding '99 and 2000, I chuckled at the hysteria myself. That is a far different thing than the Mayan calendar.

[edit on 4/29/2007 by BlackGuardXIII]

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
black guard that was good posting. i have read a little on 2012 but i have been finding similar coincidenes with other cultures all pertaining to the common date. i was in nepal and there were many instances where i came across the kali age. the tibetan/hopi connection was interesting and that would have been good to know that at the time i would have lookined into it more, since nepal has a high number of tibetan refugees.

for some reason i have a connection with 2012 and feel that it isnt just another y2k. even without looking back at various prophecies, dont you feel like the world is gaining momentum and heading for something huge. 2012 may not see the end of world but it is definitely a date to keep an eye on.

it wont be long now until mainstream media gets a hold of this. give it another 2 or 3 years.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join