It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sex as a sin

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
It only makes sense that if we choose to partake of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil then we would experience just that.

Hence pain and suffering along with joy and pleasure. According to the story HE told us not to eat it so he tried to teach us to avoid the experience we choose and acted on.

"The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh," an excerpt from the book of Job. People just expect their dreams and expectations to be handed to them on a silver platter. Imagine a world where God did everything for people. There would be no motivation, inventions, philosophy, or anything else. There would be nothing to live for because when humans already have everything they need, they lose their dreams. And as Jimney Cricket once said, "You must always believe in your dreams, for they are the magic of the world."

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
the one thing i dont get is priests tell you sex is sinful and you shuld only have sex if you want children but if that is so why did god (if he is real) make the sex organs the way he did including the clitorus, g spot and all the nerbe endings on a mans penis that make sex so enjoyable.
this is what i dont get.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerrichin
the one thing i dont get is priests tell you sex is sinful and you shuld only have sex if you want children but if that is so why did god (if he is real) make the sex organs the way he did including the clitorus, g spot and all the nerbe endings on a mans penis that make sex so enjoyable.
this is what i dont get.

Well that's a priest's opinion, or rather the Catholic Church. Church's arise from man's inability to understand God, they usually end up making up all sorts of doctrine and laws and regulations that Jesus never mentioned about (such as no meat on Fridays, what's the point of that???). Jesus was more lenient about such things (John Chapter 8). The point is, don't mistake Lust for Love.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I lived for over a year with a Catholic woman. The only good part about it was the sex was always dirty.

OK, Truthfully I did live with a Catholic woman for over a year but heard the punch line from some comedian. It was the truth though.

If the church can turn sex into guilt they can use it as a form of control. They can get more money, more penence and probably even sell you indulgences.

Sex is not a sin. It's quite possibly the nicest thing the good lord has ever done for our species.

Just my thoughts on it,

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Sex is not a sin. It's quite possibly the nicest thing the good lord has ever done for our species

have to agree with this

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Its the most natural thing in the world…ENJOY!

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerrichin
this is what i dont get.

to make the occasion of creating life even more of an enjoyable experience. An expression of love and care between a man and a female, which creates the most precious thing on earth. New Life

God didn't create condoms, thus he didn't intend for humans to do it when they fancy with whoever is up for it.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I agree with "Merka". We are not slaves. We should try around and see who we are really saposed to be with. Makeing love should be a good thing in gods eyes. We are reproduceing...lol
just... get it on
peace

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   

God didn't create condoms, thus he didn't intend for humans to do it when they fancy with whoever is up for it.

god didnt create cars,planes, and corn flakes does that mean we cant use them either

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I personally have a hard time with this mentality.

I don't believe sex is a sin. I have thought about this quite a bit. lol

In all seriousness, there is far too much personal guilt out there.
Why did GOD give me a clitoris? Hmm to have it surgically removed because it gives me pleasure and GOD made a mistake?

Most religions would rather women didn't have a vagina. It is insane.

In the bible, it states somewhere, that people need to be as children to get into heaven. Now, I don't know where it says it exactly, but I remember it being in there. Now, I remember my kiddy days. I remember playing Doctors and Nurses with the boy next door, I think I was six, well in all innocence, we were both naked and my mum looked over the fence just as I was inserting pebbles (medicine) into his bum. lol

Now, how rude and sinful is that? I don't consider it a sin. Monkey see, monkey do. Well, we both got a hiding. I had my mouth washed out with soap for being the Doctor and being naked. It was a big deal. How very sad though.

Society/Religion creates sexual dysfunction, imo just as my mum did with me. We are raised to become sexually retarded/repressed.

Children learn and play and I have heard of parents punishing their child for mastubating. How very very sad.

Nothing sickens me more than to hear a parent tell their child:'you must not do that, it is a sin'

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I'm afraid parents make the rules when it comes to their kids, so they are well within the rights to condemn it or even call it a sin.

God didn't make a mistake. Love is meant to be pleasurable. It is symbolic of the love between long term partners. The very fact that sex creates children means that it isn't something that should be done every other day with different people.

[edit on 25-3-2007 by Peyres]

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Children learn and play and I have heard of parents punishing their child for mastubating. How very very sad.

on this note i wonder if jesus/moses or the virgin mary or any of the other saints and important people of the bible ever gave in to so called temptation and masturbated(not being vulgar just an honest question really)

can anyone man or woman truelly put there had to their heart and say no i have never masturbated or enjoyed the feeling accident or not

[edit on 25-3-2007 by kerrichin]

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   
i dont think sex is a sin. i personally enjoy sex, i cant get enough. i really mean I CANT get enough of it. haha. but seriously, like said before on STD's i think anything is a "sin" if done blindly and with risk of ones self being harmed. such as catching an STD. one should becareful. self harm in my book is a sin.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 03:58 AM
link   
im with u brother....i dotn know if its a sin or not...im a believer but sex is nice[:
and yea probably the best thing....plus its the only way to continue the family ait?

[edit on 3/4/07 by Unisol]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Exactly, No one would be here if it wasnt for the act of sex. now sex with animals or your sister. that is probably classified as a sin.

Check this out for all the sinful sexual deeds you cant do

www.biblegateway.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join