It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Clone a Jesus!?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Now that they (supposedly) found the tomb of Christ, would they be able to take the DNA and clone him hence the second coming of Christ?

This discovery brings up a lot of questions (if true) Like if proven 100% true how will Christianity react?

AlBeMeT

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I've been thinking the same thing myself AlBeMet.

My guess is it's either a hoax OR even if they do come close some form of suppression will happen. Honestly I really hope not. My guess is CNN will only make it a banner of info that scrolls by the screen while they talk about anna nicole smith, lol.

With the DNA as far as I know it isn't possible because I'm sure they would have tried it with dinosaurs by now.

Can you actually imagine the magnitude of this discovery? OMG personally there will have been nothing that even comes close to this in our lifetime (except aliens of course
). I'll keep posting any info I find on this.

[edit on 27-2-2007 by leafer]

Here are some news clippings on it:

www.sun2surf.com...
www.c-n.com.../20070227/FRONT01/70227002

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Just one question. How do they know it's Christ's DNA? If I'm correct then all they can say is that the DNA shows that it was a family group, but again I ask, how can they know what family it was?

I think James Cameron is going to have a lot of explaining to do.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimboman
Just one question. How do they know it's Christ's DNA? If I'm correct then all they can say is that the DNA shows that it was a family group, but again I ask, how can they know what family it was?

I know, they have no DNA to match it against because they don't have any DNA records on Jesus or his family.

''We don't have any physical record of Jesus' existence,'' he said. ''So what this film ... shows is for the first time tangible, physical, archaeological and in some cases forensic evidence.''

He said that to a layman's eye ''it seemed pretty darn compelling.''
www.c-n.com.../20070227/FRONT01/70227002

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   
If they can and do, do this will it be the second coming as predicted by the bible?

AlBeMeT

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I was just thinking about this Christians’ can react in two ways if this is proven true as of yet it is highly debatable.

Bad = Jesus never resurrected in body as stated by the bible.

Good = If they can clone him it will be the wait all Christians’ were waiting for the second coming of there God and will take the chosen home with him.

AlBeMeT

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlBeMet
If they can and do, do this will it be the second coming as predicted by the bible?

AlBeMeT

No, because the bible says Christ will return from the sky. (Luke 17:20-37, Matthew 24)

He won't be born as a baby this time.

[edit on 27/2/07 by jimboman]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   

AlBeMeT

No, because the bible says Christ will return from the sky. (Luke 17:20-37, Matthew 24)

So would it be the AntiChrist ?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   

AlBeMeT

So would it be the AntiChrist ?

That's always a possibility I suppose. Proving the clone was from these bones would be another sticking point of course.

Does DNA survive for 2000 years?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Actually now that I think about it he will not be born per say but actually be produced in a lab in a test tube from out of thin air or from “The sky”

Just a thought could be wrong been before.

AlBeMeT

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Cloning a human is highly improbable apparently.

www.ornl.gov...

Even if it were possible, the clone wouldn't be a full-formed adult. The dna would have to be injected into a egg and implanted into a woman for gestation.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by leafer
With the DNA as far as I know it isn't possible because I'm sure they would have tried it with dinosaurs by now.

Can you actually imagine the magnitude of this discovery? OMG personally there will have been nothing that even comes close to this in our lifetime (except aliens of course
). I'll keep posting any info I find on this.

Well If I remember correctly there is no suitable DNA in Dinosaurs, which is why that hasn't been done, not even Jurassic Park style.

And how would it be proven to be a clone of Christ anyway? All they could no is when the tomb is from, surely?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Even if it was a clone of Jesus it wouldn't be Jesus. It wouldn't have his memories or, if you believe in such things, his soul. It would be a modern human and would grow up in a modern world. Of course this clone could be 'educated' to think he was Jesus, but wouldn't be him.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   

I'm with you Jimbo. Even if there are bones in these coffins, how can they prove that it was Christ? I don't see how they can, unless someone is walking around with a vile of Jesus blood from his time, which of course is ludacris. I don't possibly see how this can be deemed as Christ.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by JackCash

I'm with you Jimbo. Even if there are bones in these coffins, how can they prove that it was Christ? I don't see how they can, unless someone is walking around with a vile of Jesus blood from his time, which of course is ludacris. I don't possibly see how this can be deemed as Christ.

Exactly. I think the report mentions that there was a Matthew in the tomb as well. If this is meant to be the disciple then what was he doing there in a family tomb?

Anyway, from wiki: The time and manner of his death are unknown. Some traditions say that Matthew was martyred in Ethiopia. Others say that he was martyred in Hierapolis of Parthia. According to Epiphanius, Bishop of Cyprus, Matthew was martyred in Hierapolis, and Saint Matthias, who replaced Judas Iscariot among the Twelve, is the one who died in Ethiopia. Recently, there have been some controversial investigations into a 14th-century document assigning Matthew's burial site to a place called "Issyk-Kul."

en.wikipedia.org...

So he wouldn't have been buried there anyway.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Jurrasic Park with jesus.

Just imagine a 30 foot tall jesus eating an attorney and then chasing a jeep.

awesome.

James Cameron, come on now, run with this.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by apex
[
Well If I remember correctly there is no suitable DNA in Dinosaurs, which is why that hasn't been done, not even Jurassic Park style.

And how would it be proven to be a clone of Christ anyway? All they could no is when the tomb is from, surely?

Yes but is it fair to compare 2000 year old bones to 20,000,000 year old fossilized bones I’m no expert on DNA or cloning but this seems like a far stretch of time to compare to.
Also they have successfully cloned sheep, cats, mice who knows what else so to say it Is not possible to clone humans cannot be said. They could be doing it right now for all we know but that’s just speculation of Corse.

IMO this is a very scary situation it threatens the very foundation this country (USA) is built on If this is proven to be true it could be said that all Christianity is a story book tale and that is a possible fact.

AlBeMeT

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
AlBeMeT

Fear not.

John 10:14:

14"I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me

So if you're a Christian you'll know Christ when you see him.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Even if they would have the means and technology to clone a human being from DNA. The clone would still be a different person. Identical twins share the same DNA, but still they usually have different personalities and they are two different people.

A clone of Jesus would not make another Jesus. Just a twin. Assuming that science will be able to clone him, and assuming that those bones are from Jesus indeed.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Even if they would have the means and technology to clone a human being from DNA. The clone would still be a different person. Identical twins share the same DNA, but still they usually have different personalities and they are two different people.

A clone of Jesus would not make another Jesus. Just a twin. Assuming that science will be able to clone him, and assuming that those bones are from Jesus indeed.

Well that makes sense. I have just read the story on the cloned cat that is baffling the scientists they cloned a multi colored cat, when the cat was born it was a totally different color all together with spots in different locations on checking the DNA it exactly matched the cat that it cloned.

My Conclusion: DNA is not the only factor in cloning you would have to have there exact conditions you were born in like the biggest factor would be you need your same mother at the same age she conceived you at ETC.

So with that said Jesus’ DNA would not be enough you would need The virgin Mary at the same age as she conceived Jesus at. By now she is well over 2000 years old so its imposable.

Update: They supposedly found his mother Mary in his tomb! What if they cloned her waited until she was at the age she conceived Jesus at then they used her to carry the DNA of Jesus would that work?

Wow this is getting heavy on my mind.

AlBeMeT

[edit on 27-2-2007 by AlBeMet]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join