It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Declassified documents reveal British defence officials investigated using "alien military technolo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Title taken from Fark.com headline

link goes to story

But a set of newly released internal Ministry of Defence documents gives a fascinating insight into the military's interest in UFOs. They tell the story of the MoD's decision to investigate the threat they might pose and whether alien military technology could be used in the defence of the realm.

hmm, this is interesting
it seems like a bit of veiled disclosure

anyone else get that vibe?

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
That's a good find there madness. The shocking truth may be just how little our governments actually know. Maybe the lack of disclosure is just due to embarrassment. They cannot come clean and say, "yeah there are things up there, but we don't know what they are", and simultaneously say they are not a threat. But, this notion has been bantered about before.

[edit on 26-2-2007 by Rotoplooker]

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I skimmed through the article and it seems really interesting. This really seems like something the UK gvmnt would like to have keeped a secret. Thank 'god' for the freedom of information act.

I'm gonna go to bed now, but I'll definitely get in here and discuss this tomorrow.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I read the report. As a scientist myself this is exactly the bureaucratic response which one would expect if the people in the institution knew, for sure, exactly as much as the rest of us: jack squat. The analysis was correct and what an honest scientist would likely say: "low probability, high consequence".

The amount of money given towards it was utterly trivial, maybe one person's work for a short term.

What does this mean? The U.K. government might, quite honestly, know nothing useful about ETs and UFOs. Of course they will stretch the truth a bit and say, "there is no evidence these are extraterrestrial", which is true, but of course the unsaid part of it is, "there is no evidence that these are anything one way or another, we have no idea what they are and we have no idea how to find out, so we gave up. If the Klingons invade, pop an ale, and kiss your arse goodbye. But try not to think about it too much, since that will be bad for the economy."

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
No it means that us stiff Ar** brit gov will only give us just a little bit of info: to wet our appetite as well as releasing loads of docs with blacked outed pages galour, you know the story.

i have already contacted the MOD on several occasions they normally refer you back to their site for the info you need their is plenty on their, but dont expect them to have a paper saying "Hey aliens & saucers are real" look!!!! check out the size of this bad boy!!!
as they 99% wont, with all probability, ending the debate on yes we know or no we still dont no.

SPQR

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel
I read the report.

For anyone else interested in reading the relevant report by the Ministry of Defence (i.e. the Condign Report), it can be found on the Ministry's website at the link below:
/kqll2

Although the documents referred to in the OP were made public more recently, the Condign Report itself has been available on the Ministry's website since 15 May 2006. I wrote a fairly long review (about 25 pages) of problems with that report on UFO Updates on 14 May 2006, at the link below:
www.virtuallystrange.net...

All the best,

Isaac Koi

[edit on 17-8-2007 by IsaacKoi]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Great work I have read all your report on the Condign report with interest as suspected a flaw in the research i think was expected which is a shame however the report itself has some decent partial info: a big well done to the EMP team for all their hard work job well done.

SPQR

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
possible avatar to get you started if interested

i238.photobucket.com...

SPQR

[edit on 17/08/07 by SPQR]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPQR
possible avatar to get you started if interested

Nice one SPQR. I've started using it already.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
A truly fascinating read this

I think this is indeed about as close as we will ever get to "disclosure" by a govmt.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
[edit on 18-8-2007 by clay2 baraka]

top topics

join