It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post Office May Issue 'Forever' Stamp

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   

The sting of rising postal costs could be eased a bit by the introduction of a "forever" stamp that would remain valid for first-class postage despite future increases.

The independent Postal Regulatory Commission scheduled a Monday morning briefing to announce its ruling on the Postal Service's requests to raise first-class rates 3 cents to 42 cents and to establish the permanent stamp.

If the commission agrees, the matter goes back to the board of governors of the Postal Service, which is expected to schedule any rate changes in May.

A key part of the plan is the so-called forever stamp, which would allow consumers to hedge against future rate increases.
The stamp, which would not show a denomination, would sell for the first-class rate at the time of purchase and would remain valid for mailing permanently, even if rates increase.

That means folks who stocked up on forever stamps could say goodbye to those annoying 2-cent or 3-cent stamps that have to be added to letters every time rates go up.
For the average consumer, the most visible change would be the proposed increase to 42 cents for mailing letters, although the broad-ranging rate proposal covers a multitude of types of mail.

SOURCE:news.Yahoo.com

I'm not really sure what to make of this.

I personally never use the mail system, so it does'nt actually effect me.

It does seem that the majority of mail anymore is corporate/ads in
nature though, so this would more or less be good for corporations,
which I honestly dissaprove of.

Comments, opinions?

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
well im buying a whole lot of them, and then selling them back to people at a reduced price when the postage rate goes up after the end of times. since i dont use pony mail, it should be easy to keep these things around and cash in on my investment later.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
AWESOME idea! Absolutely worth a look into!

Off subject note to the mods however: If profanity isn't allowed then why is this post's originator allowed the used of obvious nudity? I know it's colored in ... but its obvious ... like trying to get around cursing by a little misspelling imo.

sorry ... just a question not a challenge.

[edit on 26-2-2007 by SpookshowJon]

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpookshowJon
AWESOME idea! Absolutely worth a look into!

Off subject note to the mods however: If profanity isn't allowed then why is this post's originator allowed the used of obvious nudity? I know it's colored in ... but its obvious ... like trying to get around cursing by a little misspelling imo.

I knew it would'nt be to long before my avatar got mentioned.

The ocasional low level profane word is fine, however using mroe than
one, or more 'insulting' ones is not acceptable.
Personally I don't care of people use profanity or not, but those are the
rules of this site.

And mine is not nudity, it is a metal body suit.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
It doesn't sound like a very good investment to me, in the short term at least.
You typically see a 2 cent price rise about every three years, that's about one and a quarter percent per annum.

spookshow - you don't really consider that avatar profanity do you? It looks like it isn't even a real person to me, just a CGI girly pic...

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
First on the subject: Wouldn't it be awesome if certain businesses take a cue from this idea ... like say gas stations for instance ... offered some kind of "forever card" where you pay for an item or service at a certain price and are guaranteed to never pay more as long as your card is valid. I'm intrigued with this idea.

And, off subject: No I really don't consider the avatar profanity ... just decided to play devil's advocate ... like asking if I would be allowed to post a picture/painting/drawing of a nude male with his penis flopped out as long as its painted to look like part of the costume/design/whatever.

Me, I got nothin' against nudity ... just hadda ask the question y'know ... now let's all get nekkid!

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I can't find the darn book of stamps that I bought last week! Fat chance I'd be able to keep track of some I'd bought a year ago or so, but at least they'd still be usable when/if I finally came across them!

I would expect that e- mail and on-line bill pay has reduced the numbers of folks using stamps anyway...

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpookshowJon
like asking if I would be allowed to post a picture/painting/drawing of a nude male with his penis flopped out as long as its painted to look like part of the costume/design/whatever.

No, it would'nt.

Our society is incredibly sexist, and considers female partial/nudity
acceptible, while it does not for males.

EDIT:
Spelling.

[edit on 2/27/2007 by iori_komei]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I know it doesn't follow topic but ...

I was kidding (mostly) when I asked this ... but REALLY????? It (penis)wouldn't be allowed but obvious nude nips are? CGI nudie perv pic or not. What if I post a CGI nudie guy pic?

If this is true:

Officially Offended. OK for you but not for me? OK for women and not for men? Apparently I read the ATS policies and didn't get it.

No, really ....

Now I'm offended.
is this site as hypocrite as that?
Mods? members? Anyone?

Damn ... shoulda never opened my mouth.

top topics

join