It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the english program most haunted

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
this is a honest question my mum is a major fan of most haunted ( i dont know if it is shown in the us).
but something about it doent seem real to me.
im a bit sceptical.

i was wondering what other people think of this program.

ill just note i am a believer in spirits.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   
i belive in spirits but i laughed at most haunted, its completely faked.
iv seen a few episodes but all of them seem put on to me.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Most hanted is ridiculous lol, derek achora is a bell end and i wouldnt believe him if he told me it was raining. The people on the program genuinely believe that the place is haunted and paranoia, night vision and clever editing make the program all that it is... no ghosts.

Oh and the orbs that often show up are dust particles reflecting in the infrared light.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I was a huge fan of Most Haunted when it first aired, but as its got more popular there have been more and more "paranormal" happenings. There are "possessions" and apparitions every episode. I think its just to get more viewers., I went to see "Most Haunted Live" a few years back for Halloween. On the TV there was spirits and unexplained noises noises, very scarey stuff. I saw no such thing. Should be renamed "Most Conned" IMHO. I stopped watching out of disgust after that.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Funny! Very funny, I must say its complete bs though. But some of my friends love it ha

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I'm in the U.S. and here the show comes on the travel channel. I sometimes watch it depending on if it looks interesting. I think it's an okay show but there's one guy who I don't fully always trust. It's the guy who isn't the spiritualist medium. That guy I totally trust. I'm also a believer in the spirits and am very good at sensing usually when people are lying to me (or in general) and I sometimes get that vibe from the one medium.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
o the one thing i dont like about this programme is when they do the live show they constantly try to encourage people to phone in and the cost is like 1.50 a minute so how much are they making on top of that all the merchandise and adverts.
so they are seriously making some dosh.

i dont trust the womans husband and his best friend because all the 'paranormal activity' always happens to them mainly.

the best thing is that derek acorah just recently got court lieing on the show and making things up thats why he left so what else is going on.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I am a believer in the ghosts the paranormal and i am skeptic about Most Haunted. I do believe Derrick Acorah is psychic but i think he embelishes his ability. I also think that they "play up" the paranormal for ratings.

Personally i think the show Ghost Hunters on Sci-fi is better because they are believers in the paranormal but they try to explain everything logically before thinking it is paranormal. When they do get some kind of evidence and they cant explain it rationally its much more believable. They also rely much more on equipment rather than a psychic and they monitor with a quiet approach rather than a bunch of girls screaming everytime they hear a sound.

The thing that bothers me the most is when the people on Most Haunted
are purportedly being possessed. I just plain dont think that they are.
Especially when Derrick Acorah is sounding like he is a ghost with disembodied voice. All in all i would say Most Haunted is more entertainment and Ghost Hunters is more scientifically based.

P.S. Most Haunted aires in U.S. on Travel Channel on Fri nights at 9:00pm

[edit on 2/25/2007 by Frank Black]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
So what happened when Derek Acora got caught lying? I never saw that one. I must say it does make me laugh that every time he gets "Possessed" by a spirit it always has a scouse accent, just like his in fact!

P.S I am a believer in the paranormal and life after death, |I'm just skeptical that the spirits always perform when theres a tv crew near by.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I only get to see this when channel hopping, it is quite amusing but shouldn't be taken seriously.

I remember seeing Derek when he was possessed by a monkey, classic TV and one for the hall of shame.

[edit on 25-2-2007 by Koka]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Thats why i believe Ghost Hunters is legit........... I find that its mostly boring watching it cause it seems they hardly find evidence You rarely see any evidence on Ghost Hunters but when you do its hard to refute most of it. I remember one episode where a psychic did a reading on the bald dude while the other guy was filming with a thermal camera. When they reviewed the tape there was an aura coming from the bald guy going to the psychic. It was crazy, they were like 5 ft away from each other sitting in chairs and everyone was stunned when they saw it. Even the psychic.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
they did a test on derek that he didnt know a bout.
the para phcoligist(definatly cant spell
) made an anagram from 'derek faker' to a persons name (cant remember the name) and told a memeber of the crew.
well they were into the show and suddenly derek got possed by this derek faker anagram but the best thing was this person doent exist so derek was busted.

ill try and find the article for you

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
found the anagram name its Kreed Kafer ( derek faker)

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
this an artcle on it

sorry tryed linking it but im useless so ill put the article on for you apoligies:

Most Hoaxed Live
by cj592 @ 2005-10-28 - 15:08:55
I watch most haunted, purely for the entertainment value, so I am not surprised with this article in todays paper

I remember the episode with Kreed Kafer and there was a lot of Hoo-haa over it on the internet, as the thing had been leaked before hand. A lot of web pages had to be shut down because it contained 'slanderous content' about the medium. But it is a surprise that the source is the resident parapsychologist Keiran O'Keefe.
Here is some of the stuff he did, as reported by the paper

He devised a plan to see if Derek was deliberately deceiving the public.
While on a shoot at Bodmin gaol he invented a long-dead South African jailer called Kreed Kafer - an anagram of Derek Faker.
"I wrote the name down and asked another member of the crew to mention it to Derek before filming.
"I honestly didn't think Derek would take the bait. But during the filming he actually got possessed by my fictional character!"
On the next shoot at Prideaux Place, Cornwall, Ciaran made up another fictional character, highwayman Rik Eedles - an anagram of Derek Lies. Sure enough, Derek made contact with the dead outlaw.
Ciaran says: "In my professional opinion we're not dealing with a genuine medium.
"When Derek is possessed he is doing it consciously - all we are seeing is showmanship and dramatics."
Ciaran went a step further at Craigievar Castle, near Aberdeen.
"I made up stories about Richard the Lionheart, a witch, and Richard's apparition appearing to walk through a wardrobe - the lion, the witch and the wardrobe!" True to form, Derek mentioned all Ciaran's stories - even though Richard I reigned 500 years BEFORE Craigievar Castle was built.

It makes interesting reading. I wonder how the crew will react to this (if at all) especially as tonight is the start of the next live show. Or is it just publicity to get viewers in?

[edit on 25-2-2007 by kerrichin]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I know it sounds dirty, but click on it anyways.

Mary loves Dick

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
another link

www.randi.org...

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
mary loves dick is funny can you see that even derek when he suposedly gets possed is actually trying not to laugh

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
At least Most haunted is being aired... Most Haunted is aired on LivingTV and im thankful of the shows that this channel airs like, The sixth scene and ghost hunter, Most haunted has got to be said.. it is mainly for seeing yvette get scared and screamish but it also has its serious side as well. Makes people who dont believe watch it for comical valve but at least they are watching it... information is getting out there! (fake or not, entertainment or factual... ) its making us all think of the "what ifs"

I say keep giving the public information on spiritual supernatural programme... maybe it might eventually turn the broadcasters to air an enitre channel with supernatural documentaries and programmes. More serious shows hopefully to follow in their footsteps! "Most crop circles" next please!

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Infact Most Haunted is live in Transylvania right now! whoohooo... check it out.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Well now i had a good giggle at your posts. Best laugh i have had in a while !!!
Whilst i agree that Derek has obviously pulled a fast one on quite a few occasions i would not dismiss him completely. He does have a gift but for the purposes of making a living and so on he does overdo it and as pointed out has been caught out cheating. However i do beleive he does have a connection to the other side and can be in touch and sense the feelings of others around him. Why am i so sure? Well i met the guy once in a book promotion event. I had been on the phone to my Father and was terribly upset because we had argued a few days before and we had not spoken. Now it happens that my Father was not well at the time and i was dreadfully worried about not hearing from him. Anyhow i was having a cup of coffee in a cafe upstairs and my mobile rang and it was my Father. We spoke and then ended the call a few minutes later. I finished my coffee and went out onto the balcony and looked down below to watch Derek doing his book promotion thing. Well i was spooked when he looked up straight at me a few moments later. I was so surprised. Had he sensed something? And more to the point i was surprised because i often wonder if he saw something more. You see my Mother had died a year previously and obviously i was still very much greiving. In fact 5 years on and i still miss my Mother very much. Anyhow it made me think. Perhaps it was just coincidence or was it something more?? I will never know. But it spooked me !!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join