It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why There Were No Helicopter Rescues At The WTC’s On 9-11

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Hi Wizard, Once again I find it incredulous that the disbeleivers come up with so many excuses and tripe. How many helicopters is there in the New York Area?

Doesnt matter how many helicopters are in the New York area, the question is, how many of them are equipped with rescue hoists? and had crewmen to operate said hoists? Because hoists were the only way that you were going to be able to take people off of the towers. Of course, unless you had someone on the top of the towers with grounding straps or extra crewmen on the helicopters to be lowered on the said hoists, you are going to experience severe static shocks the first time someone on the building touches the hoist line.

But all this is moot because with all the crap on the towers (antennas, ventilation stuff etc) and the roiled air from the fires, any attempt to get close enough would have resulted in adding a few crashed helicopters to the day's tragedies.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Here's the reason why it didn't happened. And they did try.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Thank you for posting that video Deltaboy.

I am a Fire Safety Director in a high-rise building in NYC,

There is no such thing as a rooftop rescue in NYC.

Roof doors are locked for safety and security reasons.

There are no clear spaces to land on rooftops. There are exhaust vents, water towers, lighting, and a myriad of other obstructions on rooftops.

Helicopter landing pads on rooftops in NYC were banned after a fatal helecopter crash on the PanAm building in 1977.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
everytime i see or hear the topic of why no rooftop rescues i just

wondering if footage from the one helicopter a few feet from landing on one of the towers but can't from too much heat , smoke and severe up-drafts has not been seen ? or if once again common sense has eluded some of us again , the heat would have been intense . and besides , as fragile as both towers were , would the weight of the copter have went ahead and collasped it to the ground ?
please . use common sense and not belittle the pilots who would have tried if it had been 1% safe. almost everything that could be done that day
was done that day . and it saved 1000's who were in need of help .
let's remember what was done by those who gave it their all and not bring up these base-less bs .
sorry , just m2c .

EDIT -here's a quote from the starter of the thread -
"" Of course not. The brutal truth is, those people ‘needed to die’. Everyone in the upper floors would have witnessed that there were no planes. And they would have seen all sorts of other ‘oddities’ (explosives going off, etc.). Their exit paths were purposely cut off. The doors to the roof area were locked and in all likelihood disabled with brass pin lock inserts. Their downward escape routes were deliberately smoke flooded. The planners of 9-11 needed to make sure no one would live to tell what they really saw.""

what ? NO PLANES ? are you saying that no planes crased into the wtc ?
are you blind ? and please forgive me for sounding crappy but this is idiotic ! just a break down of mental funtion . it HAS to be . no one is that crazy .------------and this "their exit paths were purposely cut off " what ?
dear god that was one well placed ‘oddity". have you not read or heard somewhere that there was one open passage left open from the upper floors of one of the towers , but smoke was so thick , most didn't find it .
i believe only 5 found it . i guess those 5 were "in" on all the day's events. and told where those openings would be. some people just don't believe the truth even when it's as clear as your hand in front of your face . and , no offence , but you SEEM like one of those people .

[edit on 24-2-2007 by rainking]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I agree with Wizard_in_the_Woods --- there should have been some attempt to do the right thing and save as many people as humanly possible instead of just hovering around to get a decent video feed of people crying for help. It makes me sick to think about it. Any kind of rescue attempt by a helicopter pilot/team would have been appreciated rather than the cowardice I witnesssed that day. A rope with a harness could have saved some people with little to no danger to the rescue copter team.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Well from the roof shot on the video posted above the roof definately looks like a bad place to land. And to try to hover a helo close enough to drop a line would be mighty difficult considering the massive and random temperature changes you'd have in the air around the building top causing some nasty turbulence. I'm sure the helo pilot would have grabbed someone if possible. Those guys do some crazy stuff on a regular basis and I'm sure they weren't hovering up there to watch people die.

Plus it sounds like unsettled interdepartmental crap might have hampered the air rescue dooming it before 9/11 even happened. I for one think something isn't right with 9/11 but this isn't the golden ticket.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Swamp and Delta excuses yet again! are you saying their are not brave Americans who would know what to do and do it with out the say so of others. The roofs were clear of smoke and undamaged. The Buildings stayed up long enough to save some people, thats the natural thing to do just as people risk their lives every day to save others and I mean ordinary people who do extrodinary acts.

The facts are that those people were left to their fate, and as such to the disgrace and shame of those who stood by and watched. But I am not suprised its been done before has it Not, WACO, American men, women and children, shot, gassed and burnt to death, do these events not make you feel guilty?

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 05:10 AM
link   
the South tower's roof was in the clear and smoke plumes did not stop choppers from flying very close to or even through them, as many collapse videos clearly show.

if guidelines are more important than adapting to the situation at hand, it's no surprise no-one helps anyone and calls it natural.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Swamp and Delta excuses yet again! are you saying their are not brave Americans who would know what to do and do it with out the say so of others.

Excuses? How much time have you spent with helicopters? Or training for performing helicopter rescues? Ive spent a chunk of my life assigned to Navy helicopter squadrons, we trained to rescue people from a variety of situations and there are times where you just dont try. From the videos I have seen, NONE of the news or police helicopters were equipped with rescue hoists. In that case, you would have to land on the buildings. Landing on the towers, which were on fire, had obstructed roofs and in the words of at least one of the pilots, looking like it was going to collapse, attempting to land just wasnt going to be a possibility.

Call it excuses all you want to, doesnt change the fact that its the truth.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
What about agents commandeering news choppers, and instructing the people in the tower to try and use their phones to pinpoint their general location?

It's naturally a big logistical task, but I don't see any other option bar huge military choppers that would be able to carry lots of people, complete with an adequate supply of harnesses. There must be landing strips or small open spaces nearby where the rescued could be taken.

The cynical may say that a living witness is a dangerous thing.

[edit on 25-2-2007 by Ross Cross]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999

[Excuses? How much time have you spent with helicopters? Or training for performing helicopter rescues? Ive spent a chunk of my life assigned to Navy helicopter squadrons, we trained to rescue people from a variety of situations and there are times where you just dont try.

Dear Swampfox:

This is exactly what I find so mind-boggling. You, as someone who’s “spent a chunk of your life assigned to Navy helicopter squadrons” refuse to acknowledge that there were indeed military helicopters in the vicinity of NYC which would have had every piece of equipment in the book, and then some, to partake in rescue missions. That particular Northeastern quadrant of the country is chock-full with military hardware and you know it.

Furthermore, I happen to be staring at an aerial photo right now of the WTC towers taken in June 2001 by Lt. Mike Blankenship of the Blue Angels showing the rooftops plenty free and clear of obstructions. E. g. skilled navy pilots could have parked — on the edge of WCT-1 — two Sikorsky Sea Dragons, one on each side of the radio tower. The downward drafts from their rotors would have cleared the fog-oil, err, smoke, away from their landing paths.

Greetings,
The Wizard In The Woods

[edit on 2/25/2007 by Wizard_In_The_Woods]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Did you even WATCH the video? These men would have done ANYTHING to save lives. It is what they DO!

Wizard... sorry to be so blunt, but your posts are disgusting me more and more. You were on hiatus after I proved two of your theories baseless. May I suggest you rethink your posts prior to posting them. FIRST... start with EVIDENCE... you have NONE.

Have some class when it comes to those who died. Saying the "needed" to further adds to the way I feel about your idiotic crap you post.

Oh.. please prove to me that there were Military Helicopters on stand by that could have aided in the rescue of those trapped. YOU CANT! Just like you cant prove any of your other threads that you start.

Start having some respect for the vicitims and stop pissing on their graves.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Dear CameronFox:

That’s exactly the point. Duh, of course “these men would have done ANYTHING to save lives. What I’m trying to communicate here is that they weren’t ALLOWED to! They were categorically refused permission to take action.

Greetings,
The Wizard In The Woods

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Ok, here is what the 911 commission report states about helicopter rescue.

NYPD rescue teams were directed to mobilize at the intersection of Church and Vesey Streets. The first of these officers arrived at Church and Vesey at 8:56 a.m. At 8:50 a.m., the aviation unit of the NYPD dispatched two helicopters to the WTC to report on conditions and assess the feasibility of a rooftop landing or special rescue operations.

At 8:58 a.m., a helicopter pilot reported on rooftop conditions. James Ciccone, Police Officer, NYPD Aviation Unit: On the morning of September 11th, as I arrived at World Trade Tower 1, I was accessing the damage
on the north side of the building, and the rooftop area for the possibility of
rooftop extraction from one of our heavier lift helicopters. And at that point, a few passes, and slow passes, we made a determination that we didn’t see anybody up on the roof, but more so we had problems with the heat and the smoke from the building. The heat actually made it difficult for us to hold the helicopters because it would interfere with the rotor system.

At approximately 9:30 a.m. one of the helicopters present advised that a rooftop
evacuation still would not be possible.
Mr. Ciccone: After the Second Tower was hit, we tried to make our way towards
that area, but the smoke from the first building, Tower 1, obscured the rooftop of Tower 2. It was the first hour-and-a-half that was critical for these observations—for rooftop rescue. We flew a horseshoe pattern—in that horseshoe pattern—for over a pattern of about an hour-and-a-half before the buildings collapsed. That, the same observations were made. There was no one on the roof. Our ability to get in that type position was still factored in by the heat, and made it difficult to even, to make it plausible, to get on the roof.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
No planes? Is that a serious statement> youve gotta be pullin my leg. That is interesting considering the video shot that day shows planes crashing into the towers. And what about all the witnesses? Hmm i guess they are just making it up or I know! they must be in on it!

Here we have a trained rescue team member telling you that it would have been impossible to land on the towers (which you can clearly see from the video that was posted above) and yet you still want to call people cowards for not trying.I think you must have this idea that a high rise helicopter resucue is just like the movies. Its not, it requires the right conditions to be successful.
There is a fine line between bravery and stupidity, people who have been trained in these situations KNOW where that line is, its thier job to know.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Thank you Ultima for doing what the Wonderful Wizard should have!

Wizard...once again your thread you started was proven FALSE!

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by CameronFox
Thank you Ultima for doing what the Wonderful Wizard should have!

Wizard...once again your thread you started was proven FALSE!

No problem. Here is 1 other little line from the report, kind of interesting.

Prior to 9:59 a.m., no NYPD helicopter transmission predicted that either tower would collapse.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Dear Ultima1, kokoro and CameronFox:

Well I’ll be a monkey’s uncle. My profoundest apologies that I didn’t think about consulting the 9-11 commission report first! Boy I really am dumb. How silly of me. How could I allow such an oversight to happen? I must confess, I don’t have a copy. Where can I get one? So that’s were ALL the answers are! Stupid, stupid me for trying to figure this out on my own — all along all of us foolish ‘conspiracy theorists’ have been doing nothing but reinventing the wheel.

Greetings,
The Wizard In The Woods

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by craig732

Roof doors are locked for safety and security reasons.

What possible security reason could be given for locking the roof door?

What possible safety reason could be given for locking the roof door?

Locking firedoors is not to be advised, the owners should be on manslaughter charges.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wizard_In_The_Woods
Dear Ultima1, kokoro and CameronFox:

Well I’ll be a monkey’s uncle. My profoundest apologies that I didn’t think about consulting the 9-11 commission report first! Boy I really am dumb. How silly of me. How could I allow such an oversight to happen? I must confess, I don’t have a copy. Where can I get one? So that’s were ALL the answers are! Stupid, stupid me for trying to figure this out on my own — all along all of us foolish ‘conspiracy theorists’ have been doing nothing but reinventing the wheel.

Greetings,
The Wizard In The Woods

Your sarcastic, pathetic post is far from entertaining. Go back to your hologram research.... at least THAT made me laugh.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join