It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second chlorine bomb stokes fears in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Second chlorine bomb stokes fears in Iraq

Source Link: www.abs-cbnnews.com

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - The U.S. military said on Thursday a second bomb in two days using chlorine gas may have been a copycat attack amid concerns insurgents were broadening their range of weaponry to include crude chemical bombs.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Iraq doesn't equal Vietnam? What about baby bombs? Pongee sticks and chemical weapons to rout out the invaders? The Iraqis need to take the brunt of their own people, they want Democracy, earn it!

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Bit tight in my opionion - not met any Iraqis to date, dont think they are un/inhuman.

BTW what are baby bombs and pongee sticks?

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Baby bombs were a tactic used by the Viet-Cong, where a time bomb was attached to a young child and then thrown at a GI who out of instinct would catch the falling child and explode with the involuntary suicide bomber.

Pongee sticks were another Viet-Cong tactic that consisted of chemically or other poisoned sticks being suck into mud so as GI's walked through the patties they would become stuck with them and fall ill, as well as injured.

I never said that they were un/inhuman, but I do feel that they are ungrateful for their illegal freedom that our troops have suffered for, even though that was a secondary objective.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I guess you must think the Iraqi people have not suffered any during this war?

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I feel that they have, and my heart goes out to them, however the insurgency exists because they allow it to. The people of New York were to blame because of the Mafia, not because the police were incompetent but because they were as corrupt as the police. Freedom belongs to those who are willing to die for it, not to those who lay it down when it is challenged.

The colonists took on the greatest world power of their time and won. The Iraqis have the greatest world power on their side, and are sitting on their hands.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Very well said. Agreed.

Chlorine gas is hardly a new wrinkle in warfare; it was used in WW l. The other poison mentioned above on the punji sticks was most often human feces.

[edit on 23-2-2007 by TheAvenger]

new topics

top topics

join