It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somethings wrong here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
OK, now hear me out before i get flammed or something but ive been coming to ATS for nearly two years now ive never posted, just read the forums, and ive noticed change, the posts have changed, there seem to be many hoax threads coming through, infact two are on the main page as i speak, but why are they there? if i were a moderator id keep it low in the list or remove it, its as if the mods are letting the hoaxers have there satisfation, ATS never used to be like this, the posts used to be really interesting - dont get me wrong there is LOADS of interesting stuff here and some still post good stuff, i guess my point is that i know this site is a government watched site, and im just wordering if these hoaxers are working with "them"
, to discredit this website, because i have noticed a large amount of new members signing up recently.
Your thoughts appreciated
- Slipper

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Do you want an honest answer? I don't think there is even one forumn that has not been completely infiltrated. I don't know which sites are directly government controlled and which are not but that is immaterial! The fact that the debunkers out number the believers at least 5-1 and that the moderators ban/silence good informants only adds to my already strong beliefs!

There is no freedom of speech "my good friend". Anyone who thinks there is is either naive or lives on another planet. There is only limited free speach and only to the extent where secrecy is not comprised. The only reason for sites like these is for "crazy people" to "blow some steam" so the governments don't have to deal with riots and keep the suspicions under control. Think about it!

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticGreek74The fact that the debunkers out number the believers at least 5-1 and that the moderators ban/silence good informants only adds to my already strong beliefs!

Care to provide some examples of that at ATS? I'm asking because I AM a moderator here and I take such an accusation seriously.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Ive been reading these forums for 5 years maybe more, and posting for just over four, your point is what?

the goverment run ats? haha, ok.

chirst the staff need to be given a break, they work hard sorting through the spam and the crap, and keeping this place as smooth as can be, what do you want for free membership.

yes ats has changed, its become much bigger and much more active, as for the notion that most members are debunkers, and? thats probably a reflection of society in general.

nobody forces you to stay here, if you guys dont like it leave.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Is there a Full Moon on the horizon?

First we get hit with several hoaxes in a row, then several threads like this in a row...

I wonder sometimes...

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I think we need a specific forum for "ATS Infiltrated" threads, because these threads are becoming a little too common.

Not that I haven't noticed the increasing volume in hoaxes, but people debate both sides and if the debunkers appear to be winning then we are doing our jobs correctly, and the G men are not getting what they want.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koka
I think we need a specific forum for "ATS Infiltrated" threads, because these threads are becoming a little too common.

Thats sort of what belongs here, imo...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The hoaxes and sophomoric topics are an unfortunate function of our popularity. But, on the whole, our intelligent membership does a stellar job of noticing and identifying hoaxes, and our staff quickly takes action.

But... here's the kicker... and through popularity comes advantage... if you knew that you had to sit through 99 hoax topics to get to a real extraordinary experience, would you? I would.

As for the constant murmurs of ATS being controlled or what not... yes, we are controlled... by our members.
It's never been more clearly expressed than in our new home page:
The content on the page is organized and defined by how you flag threads. It's a user-defined presentation.

And for more info on stats and such, our new About ATS page has lots of good information.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32

Originally posted by Koka

Thats sort of what belongs here, imo...

I agree, I was just kidding.

I'm not sure why these allegations keep getting put forward, the threads are open for all to post their opinions and perspectives, if a poster has a good point which opposes some members views it seems a little to easy to cry "infiltration" instead of taking the view point and assessing it for what it is.

[edit on 22-2-2007 by Koka]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong here.

Everything is great.

If you don't think so....read these threads. It tells us all that everything is fine. Move along folks!

www.abovetopsecret.com... (3 AMIGOS LOVE FEST)

www.abovetopsecret.com... (ITS FREE)

www.abovetopsecret.com... (GREAT INTERVIEWS)

www.abovetopsecret.com... (FREE EXCHANGE OF TECHNICAL INFORMATION)

www.abovetopsecret.com... (HELPING ONE OF OUR OWN FIGHT A GOOD FIGHT)

www.abovetopsecret.com... (HELPING TO FIGHT PARANOIA ONE POST AT A TIME)

You see...with this much good going on here...how can something be wrong?

M.Agenda!

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slipper
ive been coming to ATS for nearly two years now ive never posted,

Perhaps you should consider adding some quality content to the site instead of just reading what others (hoaxers included) post here.

ive noticed change, the posts have changed,

The only constant is change. Things change all the time. The pendulum swings, the moon gets full, people come and go, the tides... well, you get the idea.

if i were a moderator id keep it low in the list or remove it, its as if the mods are letting the hoaxers have there satisfation,

So... you don't add content to the site, yet you feel it's important to tell the moderators how they should do their job? Interesting...

im just wordering if these hoaxers are working with "them"
, to discredit this website,

That's certainly possible.

because i have noticed a large amount of new members signing up recently.

That's a good thing, is it not?

You signed up today. Are you a hoaxer? (Just kidding!)

Welcome to ATS. Why don't you see what you can do about adding some quality content and we'll overwhelm the hoaxers together. Whaddya say?

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slipper
i guess my point is that i know this site is a government watched site, and im just wordering if these hoaxers are working with "them"
, to discredit this website, because i have noticed a large amount of new members signing up recently.

Guys im not accusing the mods of being controlled at all im just saying could the hoaxers could be with the government trying to discredit the site,
The blade runner, i never said nor think ats is a government website and never said i dont like the web site, its great.
yes i understand the mods have lots to work through and im not saying there doing a s****y job of it and i am not tryin to tell them how to do there job sorry if some of you think that

i was just posting my opinion about how ats has changed, maybe my title should be "somthings different" as for the hoaxes i just thought it was a little iffy and wanted to know if anyone agrees, abviously not.

top topics

join