It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music Videos From The 1970s

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
New page

Here's a Youtube playlist for the previous page: 70s-Page23 - All videos are on the list, but a couple of videos are now already gone. I'll replace them on the playlist when new versions are found. And that's also the case with my other playlists. Enjoy!

Beggars Opera - Nimbus (1971)

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Tear Gas - Love Story (1971)

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Eloy - From The Apocalypse (1979)

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Tasavallan Presidentti - Struggling For Freedom (1970)

Note: Embedded HQ and HD videos won't load at all in the embed window unless you're also logged in to Youtube. If such embedded videos won't load (perhaps you don't even have a Youtube account?), click the Youtube Link to view the video in low quality (mono) mode on Youtube instead. Several videos in different threads are embedded as HQ or HD. So, now you know why they won't load. Also note that these videos take a little longer to load, because of the higher quality. HQ and HD videos has better audio (and better video, of course).

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Middle of the Road - Tweedle Dee Tweedle Dum (1971)

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Pentangle - In Time (1970?)

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Mahavishnu Orchestra - Wings Of Kharma(Live 1974)

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Le Orme - Sospesi nell'incredibile (1973)

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Lucas Sideras - Lady (1972)

[edit on 13 Mar 2009 by Hellmutt]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Edgar Froese - Upland (1974)

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Le Orme - Cemento Armato (1971)

The claustrophobic "Cemento Armato" (reinforced concrete ) is a longer composition with, as always great work on drums by Miki, and is about the sad living in modern big cities where the sirens' noises covers all the birds' chirping.

Now a kind of fusion ambience with noted drums makes the background for a persistent organ solo, broken by a nice bass playing. Not an easy song but hearable after a bunch of listenings.

"Collage" is historical, timeless, bold and precious; hence, an obligatory addition to every prog music collection.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Franco Battiato - Propiedad Prohibida (1974)

Franco Battiato is one of the most successful singers in Italy.He began his career with four wonderful experimental prog albums.

The fourth "Clic"(1974) is the perfect communion of ambient electronics, classical intrumentation and (sometimes) pure noisy cacophony.

"Clic" 's real highlight is "Propiedad Prohibida": it starts with an ominous synth drone soon replaced with a Tangerine- Dream like sequenced bass line, overlaid with string and wind arrangements that create an almost unearthly feeling of sadness.

"Clic" is Battiato's avant-garde classic explosion.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Don McLean: American Pie

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Led Zeppelin - No Quarter 1973 from The Song Remains The Same

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Group 1850 - Mother Nohead (Van Oekel's Discohoek, 1975)

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Led Zeppelin-When The Levee Breaks

Worth mention is that the drums are among the most sampled ever... Often used in Hip Hop and dance tracks

Enigma used samples in two of their most famous hits...

[edit on 31-3-2009 by flymetothemoon]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Boston - More Than A Feeling

[edit on 4-4-2009 by flymetothemoon]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Cool thread, Hellmutt... and thanks for the Nazareth. My God that takes me back.

So, a bit of a cheat here, but still quite a find: Steely Dan, "Do It Again", but from a recent tour and with Michael McDonald on lead vocals!

But from 1973... just to keep you happy...

Now in 1076 I saw Joe Walsh and the Eagles as separate acts on the same bill (supporting the Beach Boys and Elton John) but by the following year they'd got together...

Getting a half decent video is difficult. You can't always get the song you want played by the people you want. Robin Trower is a case in point - I wanted "Little Bit of Sympathy" or "Althea" but the vocalist had to be Jimmy Dewar. (One comment to one video I checked out said, "I know JD is a hard act to follow but I could sing this better than this clown"... and I was thinking exactly the same thing. Anyway, here's "Bridge of Sighs" and very wonderful it is too.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by rich23

Thank you!

They're added to the playlist:

70s-Page24

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Aha... since we're getting a little bit prog-rock...

I really used to like Gentle Giant when I was a kid, and within the limitations of the genre, I think this still stands up...

And if anyone can name one band of today that can do that and this kind of thing as well, I'll be very surprised

Edited so that the above two videos are actually different. It makes much more sense that way!

[edit on 5-4-2009 by rich23]

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join