It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of aliens in the Bible? Part 1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
What is an alien?
The free online dictionary describes alien as…

A•li•en
Adj.
1. Owing political allegiance to another country or government; foreign: alien residents.
2. Belonging to, characteristic of, or constituting another and very different place, society, or person; strange.
3. Dissimilar, inconsistent, or opposed, as in nature:

1. An unnaturalized foreign resident of a country. Also called noncitizen.
2. A person from another and very different family, people, or place.
3. A person who is not included in a group; an outsider.
4. A creature from outer space:
5. Ecology An organism, especially a plant or animal, that occurs in or is naturalized in a region to which it is not native.

Isaiah 28:21

The LORD will rise up as he did at Mount Perazim, he will rouse himself as in the Valley of Gibeon— to do his work, his strange work, and perform his task, his alien task.

For no man can understand Gods thoughts and his ways are beyond ours

John 17: 6-26
Jesus Prays for His Disciples

6"I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word.

7Now they know that everything you have given me comes from you.

8For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me.

9I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours.

10All I have is yours, and all you have is mine. And glory has come to me through them.

11I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name—the name you gave me—so that they may be one as we are one.

12While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled.

13"I am coming to you now, but I say these things while I am still in the world, so that they may have the full measure of my joy within them.

14I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world.

15My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one.

16They are not of the world, even as I am not of it.

17Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.

18As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world.

19For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified.

We were born “into” and “of” this world. God has revealed to us through his word that we do not belong to the world but our allegiance is unto him and our home is in heaven. (vs. 14) We are sanctified by the word (and Christ’s blood) and have been sent into the world like Jesus to testify.

By most definitions of the word alien a believer of Christ who is no longer of this world and is often treated as "a person who is not included in a group; an outsider"

Also they belong to the kingdom of heaven so this too would apply "2. Belonging to, characteristic of, or constituting another and very different place, society, or person; strange.

And finally they are brothers and sisters in Christ so this may also be relevant "2. A person from another and very different family, people, or place."

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Hebrews 11: 1-16
By Faith

1Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

2This is what the ancients were commended for.

3By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

4By faith Abel offered God a better sacrifice than Cain did. By faith he was commended as a righteous man, when God spoke well of his offerings. And by faith he still speaks, even though he is dead.

5By faith Enoch was taken from this life, so that he did not experience death; he could not be found, because God had taken him away. For before he was taken, he was commended as one who pleased God.

6And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

7By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that comes by faith.

8By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going.

9By faith he made his home in the promised land like a stranger in a foreign country; he lived in tents, as did Isaac and Jacob, who were heirs with him of the same promise.

10For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God.

11By faith Abraham, even though he was past age—and Sarah herself was barren—was enabled to become a father because he considered him faithful who had made the promise.

12And so from this one man, and he as good as dead, came descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as countless as the sand on the seashore.

13All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance. And they admitted that they were aliens and strangers on earth.

14People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own.

15If they had been thinking of the country they had left, they would have had opportunity to return.

16Instead, they were longing for a better country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.

I just thought you guys may enjoy this viewpoint on an conspiracy and alien related message board.

link   
I wouldn't put any trust in what the bible says since it is not the original text. King James had the text altered into a political means. He had the thythe introduced, which in turn was returned to the king. He also made the bible law, for he saw it more fit for the people to obey a jealous god that would smite them than a mortal king.

link   
I wouldn't put any trust in what the bible says since it is not the original text. King James had the text altered into a political means. He had the thythe introduced, which in turn was returned to the king. He also made the bible law, for he saw it more fit for the people to obey a jealous god that would smite them than a mortal king.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tnt3kgt
"I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world.

I will remain in the world no longer,but they are still in the world,

they are not of the world any more than I am of the world.

They are not of the world, even as I am not of it.

I saw nothing in your quotes that depict aliens.
Everything along the lines of these quotes of yours are deeply SPIRITUAL.

To be in the world, but not of the world, means to be in the physical reality of 'here' but that your spirit and soul are attuned to higher spiritual matters. It has nothing to do with aliens, just the spirit. It's a rejection of the spirit of the world, while still having to live here.

sorry.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I am a hockey fan also
, unfortunatley our home team is the Blue Jackets

Anyhow did you read the highlighted definitions for the word Alien at the end of the first post? I didn't use the "4. A creature from outer space: " definition for this post.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
so what exactly is the conspiracy ?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaAnuOmega

I tire of these comments. How do you know the text was altered. We can go to the Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek and translate the books right now. So what is the problem?

new topics

top topics

join