It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 year old makes over 100 prank calls to 911, and still not charged

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   

8 year old makes over 100 prank calls to 911, and still not charged

Source Link: www.breitbart.com

SHEBOYGAN, Wis., Feb. 20 (UPI) -- No charges will be filed against an 8-year-old Wisconsin girl who made more than 100 prank calls to emergency operators last week.

Lt. Jim Risseeuw of the Sheboygan County, Wis., Sheriff's Department said the unidentified girl was traced with the help of AT&T and TracFone, which identified the phone's owner as the girl's mother, the Sheboygan Press reported Tuesday.

The woman had stopped using the phone but all cell phones can call 911 even if they don't have
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
It is outrageous and appalling, to repeated make these calls proves intent and a malicious one at that. This child has learned that it is funny to waste resources and show no respect to those who serve the society genuinely. The parents since they are responsible for the child because of her age, should be charged.

Speaking from experience, I made one call to the emergency number at that age, to see if it worked, not as an entertainment device, nor to spout profanities. Someone should be held accountable, either the child or the parents. The child's actions prove that she could weigh the consequences of her actions.

[edit on 21-2-2007 by CAConrad0825]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Some kind of action should be taken...........When i saw this i was like
i
I mean know shes only 8 but c,mon over 100 calls
At least make her do community service or something. Maybe extra chores i dunno
something. What if someone died as a result of her stupid prank. Wait i know, make her take 100 real 911 calls. I just ridiculuous that their is no consequence at all.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Our local news has been covering this since Sunday, they even put the girls voice out on the air hoping someone could ID her before they managed to track her down.

Now get this, this is the good part. The mother heard her on the phone and thought she was just playing. Hello you do not let kids play with telephones at least I sure wouldn't, so blame the parent is what I say and yes make the parent/parents pay the piper for not bringing the kid of right.

Edit to add, my wife just told me she made 10 to 20 phone calls an hour and had police frustrated to know end.

[edit on 2/21/2007 by shots]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
yes have the parents killed and the child beaten with in an inch of her life then let her rest and kill her later............

let the parents punish the child and let the police have a chat with her about the dangers of what she was doing, she is only 8, the parents should also get a warning not be punished

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Maybe you didn't red the whole article?

The woman had stopped using the phone but all cell phones can call 911 even if they don't have active service.

So the mother thought that the phone wasn't working, the little 8 years old probably thought it was a game of some kind or even if it was deliberate, let the mother handle the matter and don't punish the mother, she wasn't letting this happenned on purpose and it's not that bad.

IT'S A 8 YEARS OLD! What, next you'll call for death penalty?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
The parents shouldnt be punished at all. but the 8 year old should be taught a lesson about prank calling 911 sice she called 100 times then that could mean 100 poeple could have died or been severly injured

dont let the parents be punished... but then agian the parents shouldnt have had cell phones laying around for her to get her hands on..

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
This child should be taught a hard lesson.

Years ago I heard a story of a little boy. His father had caught him stealing. The father knew a police officer, and asked the officer what could be done to teach this boy a lesson about what could happen to him.

I don't remember the details, or even where this was supposed to have been, but what they did was, the officer came to the boys house to "arrest" the little boy. Took him to a real police station, and put him in a cell overnight. They of course did'nt treat him badly, but they did sequester him for the night.

Of course the little boy was not really under arrest, it was arranged with the father, and I believe it scared the wits out of this kid.

Surely a lesson he will not soon forget.

2 cents.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Eye for an Eye.

We should start prank calling the girl.

easy solution, and the crime is punished by constant harassement.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
*wonders* how many would be singing to a different tune, had the kid been charged with a crime...

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I wouldn't the kid needs to learn her lesson. She lied and said she was a boy, and then swore at the operator. The severity of the crime should have had her charged the first time, they can trace it, they didn't need 100 calls to bring the mother notice.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
Eye for an Eye.

Too Funny

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
Eye for an Eye.

Too Funny

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I don't get this forum sometimes. If they did do something to this 8 year old the same people posting wanting punishment would be screaming about how we are living in a police state, don't they have any common sense she is only 8 years old, they want to scare children so they can control them later, new world order, I hate george bush, blah blah blah...

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Its a simple solution. In America, we want a balance between safety and freedom. We want freedom from the police bothering us, but we want protection aswell.

If you do something right, nobody will know you did anything at all.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
This child should be taught a hard lesson.

Years ago I heard a story of a little boy. His father had caught him stealing. The father knew a police officer, and asked the officer what could be done to teach this boy a lesson about what could happen to him.

I don't remember the details, or even where this was supposed to have been, but what they did was, the officer came to the boys house to "arrest" the little boy. Took him to a real police station, and put him in a cell overnight. They of course did'nt treat him badly, but they did sequester him for the night.

Of course the little boy was not really under arrest, it was arranged with the father, and I believe it scared the wits out of this kid.

Surely a lesson he will not soon forget.

2 cents.

How old was this child? This story is disgusting if this child is indeed " a little boy" The father should have been the one locked up for his part in this false imprisonment, and the police should have been sacked.

To those whining the 8 YEAR OLD child was not charged. One you aren't parents or should not be, and to a simple visit by an uniformed officer to the house explaining to the child what they had done and what the ramifations were would be more than sufficient.

A common thread on this fine site is about Police States, and yet people here are actively crying out for one?

TK

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
The argument isn't that the child should be charged but the mother should be at least. The child calling over 100 times proves that they understood the gravity of their actions. This isn't about a police state but one of the necessary parts of government being abused.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Well its a beautiful irony of sorts:

The fact that she called 911 over ONE HUNDRED times, indicates that she isn't a
even a prankster of sorts. Even a prankster, bully, rouge would get bored of carrying out the same prank over 100 times.
This is clearly the outward manifestation of a compulsive obessive disorder and that girl needs help!!

Hence the irony that she called 911..

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 02:43 AM
link   
i think, IMHO, the parent should be the one to punish her. I told my kids ages ago, to never think about dialling 999 (UK) for fun. I explained what would happen and why it was wrong.
What the hell is happening to parenting these days?
Such simple things seem to be bypassed by certain parents.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
i agree with the last post
the rest of the views are borderline absurd

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join