It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANOTHER WARNING... are you tired of these... OR...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Everytime I read this it sends a shiver up my back...

annother warning from the onmiprescient MODS!

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Sooo, here we go again! I knew they would raise the threat level over the holiday season, any way more news blurbs!

"US State Department re-issues worldwide terror alert for Americans overseas hours after US elevates national terror alert to orange - second highest level. Urban centers such as New York potential targets."

"Homeland secretary Ridge reported substantial increase in intelligence information that terrorists will attempt to exceed or rival 9/11 attacks in holiday season. Ridge warned al Qaeda still intends using aircraft as means of attack, noted border security stepped up and airports on full alert."

I think Ridge is late on this, I could tell from the non government sites that the level would be raised. One interesting train of thought on this, there seems to be a power struggle going on between Osama and his Egyptian 2nd in command. This could lead to a regular flurry of statements from both of them causing the current threat level to stay at orange for awhile.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I was reading CNN's "web Poll" today found the results interesting.

It asked

Will you change holiday travel plans because of heightened security fears?

125,016 votes, the results were :

93% - NO (116,433 )

7% - Yes (8,583 )

I'm glad to see that the latest warnings have not affected the majority of people and that they will carry on with thier holiday plans and spend time with family and friends.

I will be doing some travel over the holidays, locally and am not at all worried about an attack!

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Shouldn't we be ignoring it anyway to an extent? We have to go about life as normal or the terrorists win. I don't know about you but I definately don't want to give them what they want

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I wouldn't say ignore it, but be aware of it.

Carry on with you Holiday and daily plans, just be aware of situations and such.

I don't think that I'll ever ignore a "terrorist warning", I just don't know how much beleif I'll ever put into one.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I will be doing some travel over the holidays, locally and am not at all worried about an attack!

Hey, if it's going to happen, then it's going to happen. The only use of these threat levels is to induce fear into the people. I'm glad to see that the majority voted to enjoy the holidays on their own terms, not based on some half assed threat level.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Shouldn't we be ignoring it anyway to an extent? We have to go about life as normal or the terrorists win. I don't know about you but I definately don't want to give them what they want

An excellent point. Besides, what really can you do? It's likely not going to be a plane again. So, do you stop taking the train, the subway, friving on the freeway. All you can do is be aware of what's going on around you, and then react to it to get out of harm's way. Whether you are in the grocery store, at home, at work, or at school, anything could happen, at any time.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I don't see the next attack being a plane either Gazrok, I mean "terror" could be a number of things.

Here in Ohio, Columbus to be exact, they're going through something right now... the freeway shootings, up to 16 now, only one death.

I consider that an act of "terrorism", for all we know it could be someone from another country who lives here doing the shootings ?

When the warnings do come up though, I pay a little more attention to things, but as I've said, carry on in the same manner every day. I think that we all will until the next big attack.

I do think that another large attack is coming, I only hope that we're ready for it and can prevent it.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 11:03 AM
link   
What a stinking load of feces.

Wouldn't it be better to tell the American people to put off massive public gatherings like packed department stores, sports arenas and massive malls until the threat can be identified or until the alleged risk has passed? Does the U.S. government not have any regard for the value of the lives of our citizens at all?

They say that there is a heightened risk of attack but they say KEEP SHOPPING! KEEP IT BUSINESS AS USUAL!

Is it just me or is there a HUGE gap here? IF there is a larger risk of attack, doesn't it MAKE SENSE to tell the public what to SPECIFICALLY prepare for?

We're told that we should place all of our trust in the VERY SAME people who entirely missed the last terrorist attack on 9/11... What a bunch of hogwash.

Don't be fooled.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Gazork - Just a question thats abit off subject, are you SCA?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join