It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Cab Driver Charged for Running Over His Passengers

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
ps, If you're going to add a tag to a thread, please look it up if you're not sure how to spell it. Thanks.

I just noticed that as well. I wonder who placed that tag, because this has nothing to do with religious extremism. I hope the tagger knows the difference between extremism and anger.

what is the difference??? I noticed you called the person who shot the pakistani woman in another thread an extreamist, so does the fact that the person was actually killed make the title stick?? or is it the fact that this guy just tried to run the people over instead of using a gun and killing them make the difference to you, just wondering

Anger motivated the riots over the danish cartoons does that mean that those mobs were not extremist because they were just angry?? I'm curious as to the lines drawn here.

[edit on 20-2-2007 by the_sentinal]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Here is the a perfect illustration:
Headline:
White gang jailed for taxi driver's racist murder

A reverse situation, a group of white kids stomp on and murder a pakistani cabbie in the UK. Its a hate crime.

Just like in this case, the race angle and religion are clearly relevant facts to the story. Its not pushing an agenda in either instance to mention it. Thye're integral parts of the story. These kids killed this man because he was a pakistani. This cab driver tried to kill those men because they were christians. Each was the victim of brutal, unwarranted violence because of their race/creed.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
This cab driver tried to kill those men because they were christians.

If you were to substitute "not muslim" for "christians", I would agree with you.

I think that this guy would have done the same thing to people of any other religion if they had had the same religious disagreement.

Hell, he may have even tried to run over other muslims, in the same situation!

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

If you were to substitute "not muslim" for "christians", I would agree with you.

I think that this guy would have done the same thing to people of any other religion if they had had the same religious disagreement.

you are probably right becky, I agree that it probably wouldnt mattered if they were christians, jews, or buddhists. He would of probably done the same. I dont think he would have if they were muslims however.

This goes to prove my point that islam, a curse be upon it, fuels even its most common members towards radicalism. I mean this guy was a cab driver! it wasnt like he was mohammed atta or something. I mean if a muslim cabbie is capable of this, what are other everyday muslims capable of?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

you are probably right becky, I agree that it probably wouldnt mattered if they were christians, jews, or buddhists. He would of probably done the same. I dont think he would have if they were muslims however.

This goes to prove my point that islam, a curse be upon it, fuels even its most common members towards radicalism. I mean this guy was a cab driver! it wasnt like he was mohammed atta or something. I mean if a muslim cabbie is capable of this, what are other everyday muslims capable of?

Yeah and if a white man is capable of raping and killing children, what are other everyday people capable of?

Your point!?

[edit on 21-2-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Could you tell me how it feels to be so full of hate?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
I must be missing the part where his being Muslim needs to be mentioned.

Isn't it?

There are criminals of all creeds, all colours , all shapes and sizes.

Shocking I know.

apc

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Addition, subtraction, forming complete sentences, and probably contributing to unification theory. You know... normal stuff.

There is no reason to omit the religious context from this story as it shows possible motive.

However, the only generalization that should be taken is that this is yet another incident involving a Muslim cabby.

That's it.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   

He would of probably done the same. I dont think he would have if they were muslims however.

This goes to prove my point ...

Because you think he probably would have acted in a certain way, that proves something? Because you think, probably, that's proof?

So if I say, "I think some dude probably shot his wife". That goes to prove my point that he's a murderer?

You're not a judge or on a jury or anything, are you?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join