It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone seen real Gnomes.....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
My Ukrainian friend Tolik often says that beings like gnomes, domovoy (housekeepers), imps and stuff like that really do exist. He was telling me how he and a group of friends used a specific "spell" too call out one of these things a few years ago. After doing the ritual for about half an hour he said that his and all of his friend's shoes were violently thrown across the room and that they saw a small shadow scuttle around the corner. To this day he refuses to talk about the other crap that hes seen, he says that screwing with old knowledge like that is only looking for trouble. He also states the reason that we don't encounter stuff like this in the west is because the knowledge and belief is non-existent.

His domovoy stories still scare the crap out of me lol.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
A little guy (Gnome maybe) jumped in my truck right before the distortion wave hit and that's all I remember about him.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
Apparently when you do the drug '___' (i think thats what it is named) sometimes your brain can "see" another dimension. Now, in one of these dimensions gnomes exist and are all over the place. And many many people from all over the world have seen these gnomes after using the drug.

It worked for me, with Psylocibin.
I put it down as an hallucination,but it seemed real,sitting on the top of my couch!! ??!!

I would say that where are the remains?
Is there any evidence other than 'hearsay'?

Interestingly the Maori had myths of the little folk, or Patupaiarehe.
Slowly record of them is being excised from updated collections of mythology,apparently!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

does it have to be organic?
I imagine gnomes don't like artificial crap

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I was in Brunei last year which is on the island of Borneo. I was talking to a local friend about seeing some of the sights. He warned me that I needed to be careful If I went to the jungle. The locals believe that you should take food with you if it is your first time to enter the jungle in a new place. The reason is that you need to bee seen by the local spirits (gnomes) eating food that you have brought because then they know that you are not there to kill something to eat.

I asked if they fed the spirits and he laughed. He said that everybody knows that the jungle people would never eat food brought to them by a human. That idea seemed absurd to him and his friends/family.

Many of the older cultures are amused by what we in the 'modern' world believe.

They are suprised that we don't understand that spirits are very dangerous and should be left alone. To them feeding the spirits would be the equivalent of walking up to a deadly cobra and trying to feed him a mouse.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I saw a little man as a kid. He was in the hall and walked by my room at night. I would guess he was about 2 ft tall. He looked dirty and seemed to have something abnormal about his skin(rash or sore like, I think). He appeared to be physical. He didn't seem to have hair and I don't recall any clothing(don't remember seeing any sexual characteristics, but that was the last thing on my mind). I recall him giving me an evil looking smile as he passed. I was really young, so my memory is a bit sketchy. The experience terrified me. Even though he didn't do anything, the idea that he could still be lurking around creeps me out. Many years later, after getting into the paranormal, the description of a brownie has struck me as being a possibility.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by kitfox]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

No, but if you go to Iceland apparently you might have a good chance of seeing them. ;-)

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

Originally posted by hikix
Apparently when you do the drug '___' (i think thats what it is named) sometimes your brain can "see" another dimension. Now, in one of these dimensions gnomes exist and are all over the place. And many many people from all over the world have seen these gnomes after using the drug.

It worked for me, with Psylocibin.
I put it down as an hallucination,but it seemed real,sitting on the top of my couch!! ??!!

I would say that where are the remains?
Is there any evidence other than 'hearsay'?

Interestingly the Maori had myths of the little folk, or Patupaiarehe.
Slowly record of them is being excised from updated collections of mythology,apparently!

Salvia divinorum I have heard also does this. I had a good friend partake of this plant and he said he was literally transported (similar to the movie Contact) to a dense forest at the edge of a clearing. He saw a large fire burning and these "Gnomes" in cloaks around it. He walked out to approach them and they had a look of terror in their glowing eyes, it was dark so he could not see their faces very well. some ran, others began firing arrows at him and he remembers being hit in the back near his right shoulder while fleeing. He said it was one of the most realistic experiences of his life, rivaling that of reality.

I am not sure if such substances actually transport you to other dimensions, or realities, or if it just takes you to a place within your inner-universe. But it could possibly be a tool to remove artificial filters placed on us in our modern world.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
When I was a young child I had what I thought were very vivid dreams of little people, almost fairy or gnome like that always wanted to "play." Most nights I was up for it but sometimes when I was ready to stop they wouldn't like it and would chase me and bug me until I either gave in or ran into an area with very bright light (like the bathroom).

I was young and put this off to an overactive imagination or vivid dreams. That was until several years later my Dad and I were talking about one of our live in maids. She was from Central America and very into the paranormal...spirits, ghosts, witches, etc. I asked my father what ever happened to her and if he or my mom still kept in touch.

What he told me changed everything that I ever thought about those experiences and framed them in a whole new way. He explained that one morning he found her quickly packing up her stuff and that she was visibly upset. When he asked her what the problem was she told him that she couldn't take it anymore and that the "monitos" or little people wouldn't leave her alone. I literally turned pale when he said this and as he obviously had never experienced them thought nothing of it.

I'm not sure what they were or where they came from...but I do know that they were generally friendly and that they when closely examined looked to me like diatoms that live in the oceans. I remember seeing a picture of one for the first time and thought thats what they were, or how they make themselves visible.

Strange stuff...

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Sorry to point this out, I haven't seen a gnome but my Nan ( Grandmother) has, she was very ill in hospital a while back and the docs gave her morphine, she swears blind she saw gnomes, and now she's #scared of them, I keep saying I'll take her here for a day out though :

www.gnome-world.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Here's the Leprechaun Cam from Ireland.

www.irelandseye.com...

You can watch for leprechauns, fairies, gnomes ....

So what if the leprechauns use the internet and find that site? They'd see the webcam setups looking for them.

Wouldn't that ruin it? They'd know they're under surveillance and would stop frequenting their usual area, no?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Uh no... because gnomes are NOT REAL. Don't do drugs and deny ignorance.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
They aren't real just because you haven't seen one?

Not saying that what I've seen couldn't have been a figment of my imagination, but I don't do drugs and never have.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by kitfox]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
In my experience, those who've seen these creatures remember the event for the rest of their lives. Due to their experience, they see life differently.

Those with no experience of the creatures regard them as fiction, as ridiculous. I don't blame them a bit. Even when you have seen them, you question your memory of the experience and still find it difficult to accept, just as you might find it difficult to accept the testimony of others who claim to have seen them.

Most cruel of all is when children see them. Often the children are terrified and develop fear of the dark, exaggerated-startle reflex, etc.

Some children tell their parents about the creatures, only to be patted on the head fondly and assured by their parents that the creatures do not exist -- they're only imaginary or caused by eating too much or getting too excited before going to bed.

Worse, the parents are now of the opinion the child is 'over-imaginative', so if the child reports other unusual and frightening experiences, the parents dismiss them immediately and may even scold the child for 'telling lies' and are threatened with loss of privileges or advised their nose will grow very long.

Children do see them however. So do the sight-impaired. In fact, there's a name for it, the Charles Bonnet syndrome.

So, in addition to those of all ages in between, we have the young and sight-impaired (generally but not always older generations) seeing creatures that the rest of society does not believe in.

As result, children and the sight impaired are highly reluctant to reveal their experience of these small creatures (and there are a variety of types).

These unfortunate children and already disadvantaged sight-impaired are forced to deal alone with what are sometimes repeated exposure to the little-people, which in turn appear to be well aware that they're free to terrorise these disbelieved segments of society.

Of course, many 20, 30, 40 and 50-somethings have experience of the little people too, and again, they keep silent about it for fear of being regarded as mentally unsound -- for fear of being called 'crazy' by their families, friends, communities -- and for fear they might lose their jobs, etc.

Here's a brief example, which was posted a few years ago in another forum which was devoted to the paranormal.

A woman in her 60s -- a regular and well-regarded poster in the forum in question -- revealed that as a child in Wales, she'd shared a bedroom with two of her sisters. Throughout her childhood, she'd seen what she described as a gnome type creature on top of a heavy wardrobe in the bedroom she shared with her sisters. She was of the opinion the creature chose to show only its head. It scared her of course. As a child, she'd see it and then look to see if her sisters had noticed it also, but they never revealed any awareness of the creature. She said nothing about the creature to either her parents or sisters.

The sisters grew up, moved on in life and saw each other rarely.

Their mother had already died. The next time the sisters saw each other was at their father's funeral.

After the funeral, the sisters spent several hours chatting and catching up.

The woman telling the story said she finally decided to use this opportunity to broach the issue of the creature she'd seen on top of the wardrobe all those years ago.

One sister said no, she'd never seen any creature, and soon after departed in order to catch her train home.

The eldest sister had never married and had lived her entire life in the house, caring for her parents as they aged. Now that both parents were gone, she would continue to live on alone in the house.

She turned to the other sister (the one who had seen the creature on the wardrobe) and said (much to the other's surprise), ' Yes. I saw the creature on the wardrobe too, when we were children, but I didn't know you had, so I said nothing. Didn't want to frighten you.' words to that effect, anyway.

Then, as the younger sister (the one writing the post) was about to depart, the elder sister said, ' I saw them too. You weren't imagining it. And I'll tell you something else --- it's still here. It never left '.

So, the younger sister revealed this online in a forum when she was in her 60s. She said the memory of the creature had never faded. And never, in all the years since, she had never believed it to be imaginary. She knew she'd seen it.

She'd finally summoned up courage to talk about it online, she said, due to the numbers of people her own age who'd revealed in the forum that difficult though it would be for others to believe, they had seen one of these 'little people' creatures. Many said they had never told a living soul and were only brave enough to discuss it anonymously online. Many said it was very reassuring to know they weren't alone with the experience, which had troubled them lifelong.

The forum had approx. 60 members who posted on regular (daily) basis, with several hundred more who posted on average one a month, approx.. Members hailed from all over the world and at least half were aged 40 plus years with perhaps half of those being aged in the 55 to 65 year old age-group. Paranormal forums tend to draw older members who want to leave some sort of record of their paranormal experience for posterity .. things they've often decided not to tell even their spouse or children.

So, if we guesstimate that one in 500 or perhaps one in a 1,000 has some form of experience with little-people (of whatever variety), then it's still a sizeable percentage of the world's population. Far less well-known than ghosts, perhaps, but not as rare or unusual as some might believe.

In closing, it might interest some to learn that many indigenous peoples regarded little-people as a fact of life: the American Indians for example, who taught their children to never communicate with the creatures, and who believed it essential to leave 'presents' for the little people, or their crops would be destroyed and/or some of their children 'taken' by the creatures.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join