It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone seen real Gnomes.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I have several oocult books that speak of a method to see Gnomes. The method involves going to a local forest and leaving out milk and cookies, simultaneously sending out positive "meditative" vibes and calling them out mentally to arive. Within 3 days of doing this, you will start to see the gnomes get closer as you arrive.

Anyone seen these or tried this before?

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
uhhhhhhhh no. have you???

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Well thats the thing, my grandmother swears up and down that they exist and that she has the ability to seen them. I brushed it off for a few years until I came across several occult books that speak about seeing them. Not only that, historical records indicate that one of the Popes claimed to be able to see them.

I'm going to be trying this when it gets warmer, but right now, the mid-west is covered in a fott and a half of snow!!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Well the point of whats is said in this is that,much like animals many of the elven type races such as faerae,gnome,imp and many more are more intune to the energies that surround them then say your average human.

When dealing with any of the woodland races,it is stated in many of my studies that you either a have to be really young to see them(Thats a whole topic unto itself)or be able to show them that you mean no harm.

It is further said that in many cases or places where these races perhaps dwell. human beings are usually the number one supressor and threat to all that live on this whole planet let alone in the woods we ruin everyday.Basically saying its rare a gnome or imp would be willing to show itself to us due to our destructive nature,but not all people are the same.

As for the three day thing,thats a generalization aswell, "Leaving milk and food"? Well its a nice gesture but... Gnomes,sprites,elves,dryads,brownies,styx are all woodland creatures,their habitat is usually sustained through a community of many different kinds of animals,aswell they are all very close to the earth and its forms of life. So to be like give them offerings and call out to them calmly may perhaps work,but usually it is alot harder then one could ever imagine to be able to come into contact with gnomes on a personal basis.

It really depends on how innocent you really are inside in completeness ,not within the moment..

Hope that helps..

Tor. Scarecrow

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Hey Tor,
Thanks for the awsome reply. What I gained from you is a philosophy of perhaps getting back to the childhood innocence and wonderment...... the wide eyed anything is possible days. I think that would be "key" in seeing "them"

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Apparently when you do the drug '___' (i think thats what it is named) sometimes your brain can "see" another dimension. Now, in one of these dimensions gnomes exist and are all over the place. And many many people from all over the world have seen these gnomes after using the drug.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Gnope.
Gno Gnomes, here.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Lex

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Here's the Leprechaun Cam from Ireland.

www.irelandseye.com...

You can watch for leprechauns, fairies, gnomes ....

And I agree with the previous posters grandmother ... I have no doubt that there are many creatures running around that most of us can't see.. but some can

Edited to add - here are some sightings at that camera -
www.irelandseye.com...

[edit on 2/17/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I would rather find a way to insure that I NEVER see a gnome rather than search for ways to see one. I wish I could find a way to see angels. That is what I want to see...not gnomes nor fairies.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Dominicus: Yes, I've seen them. Whether or not they were gnomes is open to speculation, but 'gnomes' is how I've described them in past posts, for want of better term.

No milk or cookies involved: they were univited and the event was spontaneous.

They were ------------------ horrible: terrifying ! Seriously.

And yet, they didn't do anything overtly frightening.

But I would never in my life describe them as 'cute' or benign or harmless or 'spiritually evolved'.

Brothers Grimm and other tellers of fairy tales, and most particularly the New Age crowd who portray 'gnomes' as friendly, helpful little folk, have a lot to answer for. People appear to have based their impression of gnomes on pretty illustrations in children's books. Wrong, wrong !

These creatures (or at least those I encountered) are DARK. They are dangerous. They are not friendly and they do not like humans.

They took me as close to madness as I care to go and I've seen a thing or two. They scared me witless, literally. After they'd gone, I was babbling in terror, couldn't breathe, couldn't think.

Same thing happened to two women making their way to work in Central America. They saw just one of these small human-like creatures on the path ahead of them. It vanished swiftly, but that brief glimpse was sufficient to send one of the women into physical and mental shock so severe that she required urgent medical assistance and was removed by ambulance.

In another instance, a woman and her adult daughter in Australia suffered severe shock which escalated to hysteria after witnessing several of the creatures in their home in daylight.

The Native Americans were familiar with the gnomes or 'little people': they warned their children to never interact or communicate with them. The Native Americans were terrified of these things: they left offerings in the hope the creatures would leave their crops undisturbed. Picture a Native American -- resourceful, brave, physically capable of dominating his environment and enemies -- and then ask yourself WHY he would be terrified of a creature two feet tall.

In Northern Europe, the 'little people' or gnomes (or whatever name was used) were greatly feared: it was believed they stole babies (and children and adults), also that they left their own horrible offspring in place of human babies. Tales have been handed down of victims disappearing near the haunts of the creatures: afterwards, only the victims' skins were found. Some of those who disappeared returned years later but their minds were affected. Others never returned.

In most paranormal forums, you'll discover posts written by people who saw gnomes, elves or little people as children and were terrified of them. Many such posters are 50, 60 or older.

The gnome-type creatures have been recorded in all corners of the globe, from Iceland to Hawaii, and few accounts portray the creatures as benevolent or as those whose company should be sought or invited.

The various accounts and folk-lore warn against annoying the creatures and many warn about even acknowledging or communicating with them.

As far as I'm aware, it's unknown if the creatures are paranormal/interdimensional in origin, or are actual physical entities. It's been speculated the creatures may be non-human 'alien' entities.

What I am able to tell you is that the creatures possess the power to control and manipulate humans mentally and physically.

You may be interested in researching Charles Bonnet syndrome, which occurs to some with sight-impairment. Many such people have reported seeing small gnome or elf type creatures, usually wearing some form of hat. Although sight-impaired, these witnesses have been of demonstrably sound mind.

In conclusion, I suspect it's the creatures (gnomes, little people, elf types) who initiatate contact, rather than those who seek their company via offerings of milk and cookies.

I've been advised that the gnome creatures form attachments to locations, rather than to individuals. So if you're desperate to make their acquaintance despite the above cautions, you might be successful if you discover a gnome-frequented location and take up residence there.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Most of the stories about gnomes or trolls or elves or what ever you want to call them were a bad experience here is a link to a site that has some people's encounters with them

paranormal.about.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock6
Dominicus: Yes, I've seen them. Whether or not they were gnomes is open to speculation, but 'gnomes' is how I've described them in past posts, for want of better term.

No milk or cookies involved: they were univited and the event was spontaneous.

They were ------------------ horrible: terrifying ! Seriously.

And yet, they didn't do anything overtly frightening.

But I would never in my life describe them as 'cute' or benign or harmless or 'spiritually evolved'.

Hey Dominicus..cool thread..I dont often thinkabout gnomes but your thread and the responses are very interesting.

Dock6 I would love to read more about your experience with 'gnomes' sounds very intriguing....

In fact your post makes me want to grab a baseball bat or golf club and drive around smashing garden gnomes

KTK

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I only know of one person who has seen them. He was about 4 when it happened there were two of them in his room. He had no emotions attatched to the experience from memory. Maybe when you are that young you arnt automatically freaked out by them. That was his only paranormal experience ever. This is why i believed him as he was telling me. I was shocked he even relayed it.

From what i have always gathered they are nature spirits. If i was one. i too would be rather anti social with humans. Humans would be awful parasites to them, no different to what many people believe ETs are like. Its all relative,with perspective

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I would think that a more appropriate way to get to know the nature spirits around you would be to show that you care for the land they live on. Respect it. Pick up trash. Plant trees and flowers, if you can. Sometimes I make little decorative "altars" out of things I find while I'm outside, like rocks, flowers, sticks. I usually just lay them out in a visually appealing manner. Never really knew why I did that, I just have fun doing it.

I'd try to show their land some respect first, and then perhaps state that I'd like to meet them and that I was curious about them. But don't expect anything out of them. If they wish to, they'll do what you ask. If they don't, then they have the right not to, as well.

As to the gnomes and elves being evil:

I'd imagine that like with people, faeries, elves, gnomes and the like probably have their bad individuals, and their good ones.

It could just be that some like to scare humans because they are scared of humans themselves. Or to try to get humans to stay away from them.

But. There are people with evil tendencies. Not all people are evil. I wouldn't say that about the faeries and such, either.

And yes, I have had some experiences with faeries, although they weren't bad ones, and I have never physically "seen" them.

[edit on 1-7-2007 by MinHawk]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
until today i had no idea of this happening, but my friend told me that when her dad his 12 years old he had a glitch in the dimension, and for a few seconds he saw a group of these little gnome like creatures working on a fireplace

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Sure, go ahead and try it. I think on some level that these faeries and gnomes etc may exist. There's no harm in trying it.. i think. I read an interesting story recently about someone witnessing a gnome-like creature in the forest - i actually find the whole subject really intriguing...

But the milk and cookies part sounds a little familiar, doncha think??

HO HO HO

[edit on 3/8/09 by pretty_vacant]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 A town in South America is living in fear after several sightings of a 'creepy gnome' that locals claim stalks the streets at night, The Sun reports.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Gnomes usually appear after a nice steady rainfall.

They're a metaphor for hallucinogenic mushrooms.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Jbalon

I've seen people looking for that kind before when out riding my mountain bike (Oreegin). Very interesting looking crowd there. -Didn't look like they needed anymore.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
We've all seen at least one gnome, just watch the movie, "my cousin, vinny".
Okay, I know I am shameless...and I add to it I am bored...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join