It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog the Bounty Hunter, Extradited

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   
You all know Dog the Bounty Hunter and his legal troubles? Well it seems they have finally come to find him. The judge ordered Dog to be extradited back to Mexico to stand trial. If convicted he could face up to four years in a Mexican jail.

Dog was arrested for going into Mexico after Andrew Luster, Max Factor heir and convicted rapist back in September 2006.

Do you think Dog will get a fair trial in Mexico? How about jail time, will he get any and will he serve it?

Dog the Bounty Hunter

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I really don't think they're going to cut this guy any slack.

Here's why:
The US and Mexico trade and extradite suspects back and forth. I think Dog was easy to give up from a US standpoint for whatever they're gaining from Mexico (probably someone on the most wanted list). The Mexican government seems hell bent on trying him, so I really don't think he'll get off the hook.

He was in the wrong place, at the wrong time, doing the right thing. First Steve Irwin is killed by a stingray, and now Dog is going to jail. What has this world come to?

He needs to come up with some bribery money quick.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   
What exactly will he be put on trial for? If anyone has seen the show, you can see clearly that Dog's team strictly uses non-lethal methods for capture. What could he concievebly be put into jail for? Violating a countries sovereignty, to return a criminal, an accused rapist back to his home country? Yes, Bad Dog, you should rot in a Mexican Jail for doing the right thing.

Dog, you coool Mullet Freak, You got my support.

-ADHD

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   
He crossed the border(into Mexico) and took a bail jumper (or whatever) into custody and brought him back into the US. He knew it was wrong and that there would be consequences(espcially with his psuedo-celebrity status now). He shouldn't be surprised that this is happening.

[edit on 16-2-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 05:52 AM
link   
He better bring lots of money,if he greases right people no doubt all charges will be dropped,from what I remember over the border money talks,just some personal experiences not involving me of course

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I doubt money will help in this case seeing as how the Mexican authorities went completely out of their way to get him extradited.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I know that for small things, like pissing in public, some officers can be bribed. However, I think it's pretty prejudice to assume that just because it's Mexico, the entire legal system can be circumvented by bribery. That's like saying that if you're arrested by a black guy you'd better bring a bucket of fried chicken, they all love that stuff.

Not only that, but Mexico isn't stupid. If they have made this such a public thing, do you think they'd risk their credibility by letting him off the hook through bribery?

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
So an American crosses into Mexico doing the right thing of capturing an American Fugitive, he goes to jail for it.

Mexicans cross are border,kill people, deliver drugs etc... Americans either go to jail for it and the mexicans run free

I SUPPORT THE RELEASE OF 2 FEDERAL BORDER AGENTS
1 Deputy Sheriff
1 Police Officer (Canine Unit)
Bounty Hunter: Dwayne "Dog" Chapman

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
anyone going into a foreign country and breaking their laws can and should expect trouble. just because he's a famous person doesnt give him any slack would you like a foreign national running around the u.s. disregarding our laws and yes i know it's common for that to happen but sovereign nations have every right to expect their laws to be obeyed, there were legal ways to do this.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
It would be nice if the government round up the 25 million illegals and sent them back with him.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
They broke the law, so they're going to prison. I'm suprised they made it back over the border with someone in custody.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
When I saw the thread title I presumed it was down to the state of
this man's hair, which I really feel he should be arrested for.
Sorry I couldn't resist.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADHDsux4me
What exactly will he be put on trial for? If anyone has seen the show, you can see clearly that Dog's team strictly uses non-lethal methods for capture. What could he concievebly be put into jail for? Violating a countries sovereignty, to return a criminal, an accused rapist back to his home country? Yes, Bad Dog, you should rot in a Mexican Jail for doing the right thing.

Dog, you coool Mullet Freak, You got my support.

-ADHD

I am pretty sure, and excuse me if I am wrong, that it's against the law to bounty hunt in Mexico. This is what Mexican officials are trying him for.

I'd hate to see someone go jail over doing the right thing, but he knew the laws of Mexico and risked it. I don't blame Mexico, I blame Dog.

Too bad he did the right thing the wrong way.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
its all about the money...how much does the dog got??That will be enough..mexico isn't the only country that excepts bribes, they ll do..

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Wasn't the guy he caught a child molester?

Mexico, as much as I dislike "the dog" wth, are things that slow in Mexico? I mean you guys got 1950's robots under alien control landing and such!

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
It would be nice if the government round up the 25 million illegals and sent them back with him.

My sentiments exactly. Good call darkelf!!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I think the correct thing to do in a situation like this.

Is to go out shooting.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
This case is too high profile now for the Mexican government officials to take a bribe for his freedom. They definitely do this; however, my father-in-law use to work for the Mexican government; and knows first hand about the high levels and the bribes involved.

From the Mexican government's point of view, this is a great opportunity for them to embarrass the US.

Dog should have looked into the Mexican laws a little more before going in there. Or, if he new them, he should have heeded them.

I'm sorry that this happened. I wish there was a way out. I guess we will have to see.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
One thing, mass troops on the border.....kill any Mexicans crossing it, mush all the to Mexico City, pull back build a giant wall with guns and missiles and keep watch.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
That is total bull$#!!.

I can't believe that our court system would allow a US citizen to be extradited to Mexico of all places.

Then again Dog does have a lot of $$, he should be able to buy his way out of the Mexican court system.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join