It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God bless america..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I just got sent something by a friend that was too good not to post. I find it absolutely hilarious and at the same time very disturbing that any Americans conduct themselves in this manor.

Whats everyone else's take on this. Man, I know it's bad but this is too much.
I as an American I extend my deepest apology to the crew and cast of top gear.

Just in case I didn't link it right here is the link Video

[edit on 12-2-2007 by shizzle5150]

[edit on 12-2-2007 by shizzle5150]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The gas station owner came out and asked them if they wwhat they were doing. One of the guys said he had 3 kids and wasnt gay.
Then the owner yelled out "youre in a hick town."

The way they assaulted the camera crew makes me think they were more upset thinking they were being used as the butt of some joke rather than what was actually painted on their cars.

Either way I know exactly how the "hicks" felt.
What I wouldnt give for a get-out-of-jail-free card in certain situations.

Its why I refuse to step foot in New York City anymore. Im afraid I wouldnt be able to hold back.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
What as the hick follows its prey, trying not to make a sound...

God that was funny.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Looks set up to me.

*shrugs*

Some people don't like gays or hyper liberals. So? That's their choice. Stupid? Wrong? Unethical? Not your problem, would you like to make it a law not to hurt someones feelings?

The guy did admit it though, they where in a real hick town.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Oh boy thats embarrasing. If you were the embassador of the united states would you ever even take the guests anywhere near a white trash community. Do these 'hicks' know that hick is a bad word? It means low class, ignorant, arrogant,white trash. (and a lot of other words that one can't say on ATS) Do they think americans are actually proud of them?

Everybody in that city should be embarrased of themselves, they are all guilty by proxy. I argue anybody with an IQ over 95 moved out of that town a long time ago, anyone who stays and is able to walk should be on National Geographic. hey look at the pre human hominids from middle america.

And to think these people are allowed to vote. And we wonder why our country is going down hill. Is there no law to prevent these intellectually challanged, roadkill eating, disgraces to our species. Can we at least create a test that won't be biased against legitamantly handy-capped people and single out these morons. If you fail the test you are concidered a non-voting sub human that can only be allowed out into the daylight so that they can run around in their paddocks and forage for stuff to eat thats laying in the mud? oh wait these people all ready do this.

THis guy prooved the rest of the world right about us americans. Please don't let these idiots be our representatives as americans.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Looks set up to me.

*shrugs*

Some people don't like gays or hyper liberals. So? That's their choice. Stupid? Wrong? Unethical? Not your problem, would you like to make it a law not to hurt someones feelings?

The guy did admit it though, they where in a real hick town.

To not like hyper liberals or gays is a right anyone can have but when you throw rocks at peoples vehicles because you don't like them is Stupid, Wrong, and Unethical as you so eloquently put it. Would I like to make it a law to not hurt someones feelings, no but I think there are laws about destruction of property, not that they would be enforced in that good ol' boy environment.

And did it look setup? I didn't think so but even if it was, thats like saying here is a loaded gun I really hope you don't point it at your foot.... BANG! You made me shoot myself in the foot!

I doubt the top gear guys are all hyper liberals, I think they were making a point about how unreasonable some Americans are! Good ol' god feearin' southern folks.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Anyone remember Rex Kramer, Danger Seeker?

I think it's great that the lady called "the boys".

They obviously wanted some attention and she made sure they got some.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
What happens when one of the boys F's up and actually lays a finger on anybody associated with that show? Lawsuit time with lotsa evidence. I can see these yokles at a deposition. Will he respond with 'I like belly button lint' to every question the lawer asks.

The kid (and anybody else who had anything to do with the kids. Ie..gas station owner, driver of the 'boys' truck.) All sorts- would get sued too.

Ya think that the kids can hire a lawer? Doubt it and if they can, lots of fun watching darrel and darrel, esq. defend these little idiots. The law protect them? Well not once the police chief talks to the district attorney, and risk punative damages that will bankrupt the city for protecting the idiot hicks. Not likely. Those kids would be collosally screwed in polite terms, for the rest of their financial life. THink their small town can handle a big city attorney. They can't.

Calling the boys was the dumbest thing these yokels in worthless dirt town or wherever this thing was filmed could have done.

THese people are still the most embarrasing thing to middle america. It's working against them too, and their too stupid to see it. yes, stupid. Ie of low gentic stock, and value other than menial labor, which suprise, suprise, is what they do. cause they are too stupid to do much of anything else. Talk about worthless sacks of skin.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
and this is why i no longer go to the south

i went to a small town for a gas stop (not mentioning states, but it was the south) and got verbally abused and eventually pelted with rocks for being a male with long hair

who'd a thunk it, right?

most ironic part is that one of them had a shirt with "jesus" on it (if you can call a blond haired blue eyed man "jesus") with very long hair
i pointed out to him that "jesus" had long hair

you can imagine how bad things got after that

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
Oh boy thats embarrasing. If you were the embassador of the united states would you ever even take the guests anywhere near a white trash community. Do these 'hicks' know that hick is a bad word? It means low class, ignorant, arrogant,white trash. (and a lot of other words that one can't say on ATS) Do they think americans are actually proud of them?

Everybody in that city should be embarrased of themselves, they are all guilty by proxy. I argue anybody with an IQ over 95 moved out of that town a long time ago, anyone who stays and is able to walk should be on National Geographic. hey look at the pre human hominids from middle america.

And to think these people are allowed to vote. And we wonder why our country is going down hill. Is there no law to prevent these intellectually challanged, roadkill eating, disgraces to our species. Can we at least create a test that won't be biased against legitamantly handy-capped people and single out these morons. If you fail the test you are concidered a non-voting sub human that can only be allowed out into the daylight so that they can run around in their paddocks and forage for stuff to eat thats laying in the mud? oh wait these people all ready do this.

THis guy prooved the rest of the world right about us americans. Please don't let these idiots be our representatives as americans.

LOl. No, If I where the abassador of the United States I would not be giving tours of the US to anybody, we don't have Ambassadors inside the states for that purpose?

But anyways, no, why in the hell would I take them to see some hill jacks? Likewise, I would not take them to inner city Detroit either.

And yes your right, throwing rocks and such is illegal. But I think they where baiting the locals.... and I would not feel bad to see his truck get dinged for antagonizing the local country folk.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   

And yes your right, throwing rocks and such is illegal. But I think they where baiting the locals.... and I would not feel bad to see his truck get dinged for antagonizing the local country folk.

So let me see if I understand this right, the next time I see a vehicle with bible vs. painted on it in a predominately liberal area (and I have seen a few in my time) It's cool for me and other atheists to pelt them with rocks for antagonizing us?

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by shizzle5150

So let me see if I understand this right, the next time I see a vehicle with bible vs. painted on it in a predominately liberal area (and I have seen a few in my time) It's cool for me and other atheists to pelt them with rocks for antagonizing us?

I suppose it is. Just like its okay for hunters in a blue state to be assaulted by a bunch of libs when coming out of the woods with their gear/catch having both ruined. Because nothing helps the deer more than to have their body destroyed beyond any usability. Good job PETA freaks. Why dont you guys throw another bag of "euthanised" pets in a dumpster somewhere. Or its okay to throw a bucket of paint on someone wearing fur. Why do those guys always miss the people wearing leather?

Hicks in the sticks, thugs in the ghettos, pretentious white people in the cities all have their groups that will go to far. Id hope that reasonable people would see this video as an example of extremism. Not just; "Look at the hicks! I bet they voted for Bush!"

But Im sure thats just expecting too much of too many people.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I love to hunt but I don't go for horns, I go for food as I grew up pretty poor and what I could put on the table my parents appreciated. I maintain this respect for animals, I do not condone any of the acts you described thisguy, nor do I practice them. And yes I see it as a fine example of extremism.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   
The vid was removed, so here's another clip of the 'incident' lol

[edit on 14-2-2007 by Xeros]

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Thanks Xeros
I did not see this one. Appreciate you finding it!

Ex

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Why do I find this hysterical??
Probably because I have a cousin in Alabama
and arguing politics is such funnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!
( he is so easy to get goin........
and my gun for protection doesn't hurt)

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I love to hunt but I don't go for horns, I go for food as I grew up pretty poor and what I could put on the table my parents appreciated. I maintain this respect for animals, I do not condone any of the acts you described thisguy, nor do I practice them. And yes I see it as a fine example of extremism.

Maybe you don't, but I also don't throw rocks at liberals. Though if I saw Hilary I might be tempted.

I hope you see your point actually proved his point. Extremism indeed. Not every one does it, just the select few.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Maybe you don't, but I also don't throw rocks at liberals. Though if I saw Hilary I might be tempted.

I hope you see your point actually proved his point. Extremism indeed. Not every one does it, just the select few.

No, the point was that you said "I would not feel bad to see his truck get dinged for antagonizing the local country folk." If you want to condone that kind of behavior fine. I don't attack hunters and (you can quote me here) it would hurt my feelings to see a bunch of liberals (or anyone for that matter) doing so. My point is that people can be antagonized by another persons freedom of speech. That does not give them the right to act like playground bullies, and yes that applies to both sides of the fence.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

I suppose it is. Just like its okay for hunters in a blue state to be assaulted by a bunch of libs when coming out of the woods with their gear/catch having both ruined. Because nothing helps the deer more than to have their body destroyed beyond any usability. Good job PETA freaks. Why dont you guys throw another bag of "euthanised" pets in a dumpster somewhere. Or its okay to throw a bucket of paint on someone wearing fur. Why do those guys always miss the people wearing leather?

Hicks in the sticks, thugs in the ghettos, pretentious white people in the cities all have their groups that will go to far. Id hope that reasonable people would see this video as an example of extremism. Not just; "Look at the hicks! I bet they voted for Bush!"

But Im sure thats just expecting too much of too many people.
\

There are various brands of vegan leather shoes, jackets, etc. and not to mention fake leather itself. So, don't just assume that they are wearing real leather. Anyone who is really into that type of stuff wouldn't wear real leather.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   

No, the point was that you said "I would not feel bad to see his truck get dinged for antagonizing the local country folk." If you want to condone that kind of behavior fine. I don't attack hunters and (you can quote me here) it would hurt my feelings to see a bunch of liberals (or anyone for that matter) doing so. My point is that people can be antagonized by another persons freedom of speech. That does not give them the right to act like playground bullies, and yes that applies to both sides of the fence.

Well then the difference between you and me is that I do not feel the need to feel personal pitty or pain over someone elses actions.

My line of thought would be something like this..

Act like a jackass, get treated like a jackass.

What was the purpose of making a film about brining a car painted in bright pink to an area where they KNEW that the local people would not be ... accepting?

Answer: To get a reaction.

They are no better then the local people who tried to attack them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join