It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush can't hold Jose Padilla

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Federal court orders 'dirty bomb' suspect Jose Padilla released from military custody.

This story is just now breaking... I don't even think mainstream news agencies are even aware of it yet. I was just given this info, from one of my sources.

If they release him from military custody... will he still be in jail?? Or is he free to go??

[Edited so that I could put the word "Bush" in the headline... so that people would actually read it.]

[Edited on 18-12-2003 by K_OS]

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Padilla, 31, had prepped hard for his meeting, but his ambition outstripped his guile. Senior U.S. officials tell Time that Padilla, conducting research on the Internet, had come across instructions for building a nuclear bomb�"an H-bomb," as a top official described it.

Here is a site that gives background on Padilla in case you have forgotten who he is.

Jose Padilla

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Perfect example how small resources Al-Kaeida has left. I mean - come on, when you need the help of a small street cr�minal from chicago for your evil plans of dirty bombs - you are definatly in the wrong business.

Nice to hear that Al-Kaeida is so narrowed in their possibilites, ok bad to hear they want such a thing to explode but the more I read about how they plan the terror the more relief I get that we won't see much other than car bombs anymore.

Btw. why don't they just put up a nuclear bomb in Pakistan, put it into Lead, ship it to us as industrial Lead(so they will try the x-ray trick with the container-scanners and the geiger-counters but the Lead(if thick enough) will trick the scanners). None will look that closely if you just ship big portions of Lead from place A to B. Ah well and then in NYC, just take it out of the Lead block and press the button.

Btw. I never wished & probably never will wish anything bad to NYC, just hypothetical thinking above. And Al-Kaeida faggots don't browse the net anyways
- they ask Chicago gangsters to do this

:| OMG! It is so easy:

www.google.de...
www.ignis-fatuus.org...

Hmm...now where did I put my U-235?

[Edited on 18-12-2003 by shoo]

[Edited on 18-12-2003 by shoo]

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   

President Bush does not have power to detain American citizen Jose Padilla, the former gang member seized on U.S. soil, as an enemy combatant, a federal appeals court ruled Thursday. The decision could force the government to try Padilla, held in a so-called "dirty bomb" plot, in civilian courts. In a 2-1 ruling, a three-judge panel of the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals said Padilla's detention was not authorized by Congress and that Bush could not designate him as an enemy combatant without the authorization. More...

The president has been overruled... Is this to happen more often??

Rest of story here.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:22 AM
link   
This just shows that the president is not the highest organ in the country. But people rarely remember that.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Can Padilla sue the government for false imprisonment and no access to any legal counsel of any kind for 7 months? Do you live in a free country still?

Is there an addendum in the Patriot Act that takes this right away (I'm thinking there is)?

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo

Can Padilla sue the government for false imprisonment and no access to any legal counsel of any kind for 7 months? Do you live in a free country still?

Is there an addendum in the Patriot Act that takes this right away (I'm thinking there is)?

He most certainly can sue the government.

This is a huge victory for every U.S. citizen. I am so glad there are finally judges standing up to this out-of-control administration.

top topics

join