It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian PM Blasts Obama, Democrats on Iraq

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
tkmelb,

Please do not attempt to ridicule me because I do not share your opinion. Please do not try to make an argument where there is none.

I agree with you though that there is no government on this planet that is truthful and works for the good of it's citizens. Utopia does not and never will exist.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by tkmelb

All these people saying Howard is Bush's lap dog need to get a grip and face the fact that Australia has too small a population to be able to defend itself and we need the US alliance just like they need us for our strategic position in the Pacific.

Just like a coward who brown nose`s to the thieving thug in the play ground or street.Your happy being seen as a coward or even being one,I`m not.Just to have some supposed support? If we were attacked dont bet your bottom dollar on any help from the US Gov.Being in a strategic position which the US could take advantage of,is all we are seen as.

Moral big brothers do not pick fights based on made up bogus info and expect their little bro`s to back them up.

Check Vietnam and its citizens,who fought harder and with more purpose,because they were fighting for their homeland.

We dont need to be a sniveling little dog to the US,if the fight is a just cause we will fight like nothing else,as we have proved before,we will find or have better allies than them.

Or hopefully the US people vote someone in who is worthy of our mateship.

[edit on 12-2-2007 by gps777]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by gps777
If we were attacked dont bet your bottom dollar on any help from the US Gov.Being in a strategic position which the US could take advantage of,is all we are seen as.

As an American I take offense at that.

I think it's clear that if Australia was ever attacked, the United States would use all its military assets, up to and including nuclear weapons, to defend her against any attacker.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
May I just say that I think we are important to the US only because of -

1. the uranium we have in this country to make more weapons of mass
destruction against the4 'enemy' or 'terrorists'.

2. Pine Gap (global listening installation) and other 'secret' military
installations

3. Our global location is perfect for the launch of nukes against any
country in the world (I think there are already nukes on Oz soil waiting
to go) Our country as inhospitable as it is in the outback, affords a
multitude of hidden sites that are ideal for future bases and installations.

When push comes to shove we will not even figure in the US scheme of things.

No offense intended

Oops...may have double posted.....sorry

[edit on 12-2-2007 by resistancia]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
double post...sorry

[edit on 12-2-2007 by resistancia]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

As an American I take offense at that.

As a person dj you should,its not the American people I dont trust its your Gov.I`m offended by your Gov and my own.Its not about you and me.

I think it's clear that if Australia was ever attacked, the United States would use all its military assets, up to and including nuclear weapons, to defend her against any attacker.

Clear to you? why is it clear?

WW11 you guys didn`t enter the war until you were attacked,so much for sharing similar histories and all that.

Ok maybe thats going back to far and by gones should be left as by gones,what about how your Gov treats us in general,Howard went over to your country to speak with your Pres before 9/11 he was snubbed they didn`t even allow him to talk to anyone,because we wanted a fair free trade agreement,which you wanted from us but couldn`t do likewise.

East Timor,where was any support there?

Or are you only talking about nuking our enemies if the time was to arrive?
If so,I disagree other than your Gov seeing some benefit to themselves.

But all of this dj you should not take it as a personal attack,I`m given hope when I hear American people speak out about their current Gov (many here on ATS),they are the patriots wanting a better country.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by gps777

Just like a coward who brown nose`s to the thieving thug in the play ground or street.Your happy being seen as a coward or even being one,I`m not.Just to have some supposed support? If we were attacked dont bet your bottom dollar on any help from the US Gov.Being in a strategic position which the US could take advantage of,is all we are seen as.

Check Vietnam and its citizens,who fought harder and with more purpose,because they were fighting for their homeland.

We dont need to be a sniveling little dog to the US,if the fight is a just cause we will fight like nothing else,as we have proved before,we will find or have better allies than them.

Or hopefully the US people vote someone in who is worthy of our mateship.

[edit on 12-2-2007 by gps777]

You have absolutely no idea on how the world works do you? What better Allies that could help us are we supposed to have? Give me just one that could protect Australia from say China?

We are not a sniveling dog, we are smart in realising that we share the same values as the American people who happen to have a population that is ten times as big as ours, and they are a pretty handy friend to have.

You people always get mixed up between the US people and the US government. Their population is the same as ours, there is not one difference.

I am not a coward just a realist.

By the way the US could have won Vietnam anytime they wanted to, all they would have to done is nuke it, but they weren't that horrid a people.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by tkmelb

You have absolutely no idea on how the world works do you?

I know, I should always check in to you for your advice,because Ummm?
You know it all?

What better Allies that could help us are we supposed to have? Give me just one that could protect Australia from say China?

So now we have a hypothetical enemy in China if we go it alone without being a lap dog to the US?

How so?

We are not a sniveling dog, we are smart in realizing that we share the same values as the American people who happen to have a population that is ten times as big as ours, and they are a pretty handy friend to have.

Friends work both ways,not just one way.

You people always get mixed up between the US people and the US government. Their population is the same as ours, there is not one difference.

You people? who are they? havn`t I made that point clear in previous posts? but your a realist?

I am not a coward just a realist.

Its a cowardly act to lower ones morals to be under the wing of a thug,for any type of protection.

By the way the US could have won Vietnam anytime they wanted to, all they would have to done is nuke it, but they weren't that horrid a people.

Maybe they would have if they knew who the enemy was and they had the support of the American people,here was a clear indicator of people with better judgment.People I`d call friend.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
WWII predated treaties including NATO. We now have treaty with Australia too, so we are obligated now.

The prewar U.S. was a far different country than it is now, certainly not a real world power. People tend to forget that when they criticize our slow entry into WWII. It's actually the fallout from WWII that did make us a world power.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I am sure most people at ATS understand the distinction between a people and a government.

I like many other Australians harbour no malice towards the people of the US. We dislike the government of the US for including us in their bogus WOT based on lies.

I can not speak for other Australians but I know I am nothing like Americans. We have our own unique Australian culture, but in saying that let me say this, our Oz culture is fast being eroded and becoming more Americanised...I dislike that intensely. Trying to spread democracy all over the world....trying to spread Amercian culture all over the world too.

Why is that ??? 3 words.....NEW WORLD ORDER

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I would also echo every word of your above post resistancia

Good to hear from a fellow Aussie who also see`s this.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Where`s the support?

White House backs Howard, then backs away

By Steve Lewis and Dennis Shanahan
February 13, 2007 08:27am

THE White House has given muted support to Prime Minister John Howard's claim that al Qaeda terrorists in Iraq would be hoping for US Senator Barack Obama to be elected president.

Mr Howard faced a storm of protest from both sides of the Pacific yesterday as his attack on Senator Obama's plan to withdraw US forces from Iraq by March 2008 triggered accusations he had endangered the US alliance.
Link

Howie,even when he`s being a lap dog to the US Gov still doesn`t get support and is left standing alone looking like a complete idiot.

When will he wake up! and stop being a lap dog to them!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join