It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chopper Attack Footage! Here It Is.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Has this been posted before? If not, then here is an Al Qaeda-linked insurgent Web site which released a video of the U.S. military helicopter being shot down in Iraq. (The vid may indicate that the requested file cannot be found. Never mind! Just click 'OK' and it'll work!!)

HERE...

[edit on 10-2-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   
You seem to be ecstatic that this is posted on the internet. ?

As the copter flew, and that disgusting voice over and music came on, I just imagined the people aboard that helicopter, who were not going to live to see the next minute.

And I dont know what to say from here. For every person that clicks that link lets them win just that little bit more. Why click the link? I sure regret that i did.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   
The link is to CBS - not Terrorism.Org.

Well, that one was definitely not brought down by machine gun fire...

There was somewhat of a debate about what, exactly, was bringing the helicopters down.

I suppose it helps terrorists win for us to have more information?

: sigh :

Anyway, looked like the round detonated in mid-air, above and behind the chopper, and shrapnel did the work.

Did anyone else notice that there seemed to be something trailing the chopper after it was hit. I have to go to work in a moment, but I'll watch this a few more times when I get back. I thought at first there was another missile tracking the chopper, but then it disappeared. Maybe it was debris, or something of that nature.

Anyway, thanks for the posting the video.

The more we know, the better.

I'm against the war, but that doesn't mean I don't want to know what's going on...

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
You seem to be ecstatic that this is posted on the internet. ?

Whoa!! You’re way off the mark dude! I’ll wager you would’ve done the boogie if it were an Iranian chopper instead. War is a dirty game and nobody likes it. But who’s to blame if American soldiers are getting killed? Ask Bush and his administration. Thousands killed for fighting someone else’s war. And OIL is the bottom line.

Don’t even try and tell me what war is about. I’ve been in battle and seen my buddies getting killed. I know how it feels, more than an arm chair ‘critic’ such as you!

And anyway this vid was not to show the predicament the pilots were in. It was to analyse whether it was due to ground fire, mech failure or pilot error. Methinks it was shrapnel from a shoulder fired missile, not a direct hit.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Heey, don't take it to heart, mate! I was just saying, do you need that many exclamation marks accompanying the video of a helicopter being shot down? (edit: noticed you removed a few.
)

And although I think you are also off the mark accusing me of being an armchair critic, I'll let you get away with that one

And Wyrde . . . perhaps you were missing my point?
But anyway, who cares. You might want to check out an ATSNN article I just submitted

[edit on 10/2/2007 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
That was definitely a missile of some type. I know when I was over there the only birds flying during daylight hours were Medevacs or Gunships, so they may need to rethink this policy again, especially in light of this new threat.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   

As the copter flew, and that disgusting voice over and music came on, I just imagined the people aboard that helicopter, who were not going to live to see the next minute...

Question:

Do you feel just as sick watching cockpit and 'smart'-bomb vid clips of Iraqi civilians being bombed/strafed from US aircraft?

Do you feel just as sick when you try to imagine living in your country, occupied by an aggressive military force who watch you go about your daily business as best you can in your bomb-torn neighbourhood, through gunsights, just because you happen to be Iraqi?

...just curious

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizen smith

As the copter flew, and that disgusting voice over and music came on, I just imagined the people aboard that helicopter, who were not going to live to see the next minute...

Question:

Do you feel just as sick watching cockpit and 'smart'-bomb vid clips of Iraqi civilians being bombed/strafed from US aircraft?

Do you feel just as sick when you try to imagine living in your country, occupied by an aggressive military force who watch you go about your daily business as best you can in your bomb-torn neighbourhood, through gunsights, just because you happen to be Iraqi?

...just curious

So all the gun camera footage from the US is of civilians getting killed? I kind of doubt that. I know I feel a lot more for the loss of my fellow countrymen, than for the insurgents you see getting killed. I don't feel any sense of loss for those types.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GT100FV

Originally posted by citizen smith

Question:

...just curious

So all the gun camera footage from the US is of civilians getting killed? I kind of doubt that. I know I feel a lot more for the loss of my fellow countrymen, than for the insurgents you see getting killed. I don't feel any sense of loss for those types.

what about the footage of the american a10s attacking the British tanks and laughing and gloating when one of the soldiers is trying to pull off his injured colleague. I know at that point the pilots didnt know they were British but to even gloat thinking they were Iraqis is wrong

Matty Hull RIP

top topics

join