It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Directions in UFOlogy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I have tried a few times to bring some of my opinions across though they seem to be ignored.

Please take the time to consider the following.

Almost all scientists bar the most arrogant and self serving believe in life beyond the planet - to believe otherwise is IMO ( and a large percentage of fellow scientifically trained people ) foolish. We are in the beginnings of change, though I'm not sure how severe, paradigm shift is certainly in the making.

I will admit I have bias because I have seen things that shouldn't exist according to what I'm supposed to beileve, hence I don't associate myself with commercial/political ideals in the least.

Take a step back and look at the big picture. Are we so special that life can only exist here? Are we so smart and so advanced that anything higher can't exist when we accept decisions from politicians that couldn't care less as long as they retain their power?

The world isn't perfect but the information age is a blessing and a curse at the same time.

Its very hard to elaborate much more but I'm sure a lot of you know what I mean. There is absolutely no reason life should be limited (even of the different kind), what you let people feed you can change your opinions greatly.

Thinking for yourself is the whole idea of this site. Please consider the following.

1) According to scientists, the universe is at least 14-15 billion years old.

2) Other Star systems formed well before our own and the Earth itself is only 4.5 billion years old.

3) What we classify to be life took under 500,000 years to begin on the planet.

4) Theoretical physics is making leaps and bounds. Considering our current levels of technology, innovations are our only limitation (Look it up - the technology curve).

If there was just one planet that brought foward a successful species of intelligent beings a few thousand years before us, they would be theoretically discovering life at an exponential rate. Why is it so hard to believe that we are not the cream of the crop? Realistically we are late comers, realistically the average human does not possess any sort of extreme intelligence. If, as many of us think ( I am undecided myself), we as a species (NOT race, we are not ALL American) possess the technology to built exotic craft, would it not be reasonable to think that such simple technology was more widely available?

The problem with this whole subject is that we think of ourselves too much and not the world around us. The planet Earth is no longer our definition of existence. Such ideas need to be updated. Power and wealth mean nothing if we are part of something larger, yet some people think its a threat. Personally, I believe space is an opportunity to explore and further ourselves as a species, similar to the nomads forming the first civilisations we must move on and continue to grow.

You may think this is another rant. Have a look at the amount of stars and galaxies in the universe (with the growing number of aknowledged solar systems) and tell me its impossible I'm wrong.

The universe is a playground of creation.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I really do hope some people will read this post.

It seems most people are more interested in supposed abductions, crappy pictures and David Icke %&*! reptilians and the like. Sensationalism is fun but hardly ever accurate.

Call yourselves those that deny ignorance? Logic and reasoning beats it all.

I've almost had enough of this stuff. I'm not posting new information but trying to promote ideas that will facilitate paradigm shift. Pressure is all we need. If you look at the facts and apply them to our current systems you don't need crackpot johnny ruining the concept. I have been around these concepts for much too long. A change is needed or any sense of the possibility of life outside our planet is going to be out of control, if not already. You dont need UFOs or abductions, just a clear sense of what it means to be alive and the history of life on our planet.

How many mass extinctions have we had? Life has to be resilient as hell otherwise the earth would be a barren mess. Why are we so special in trillions?

PS: Sleeper you screwed up your story but it was a nice effort.

So the person couldn't handle the ETs true form but could handle a little 'grey' (for lack of a better term). Do you realise this grey turned into its true form later in the story in front of the 'human' participant with no repercussions? Huge contradictions my friend. Found it funny though. In fact you mentioned in your first post how you wanted a fantasy section. Why not make it completely fantasic? You should really think things through.

Steven Greer, Friedman Etc. Most people you hear of are all in it for the money. I have a few very rare UFO books from the 1960s. They are awash with encounters and experiences that most of you would never have heard of. This includes 'ancient astronauts' stuff, though they aren't named as the nefilim.... =) Sitchin is a menace.

[edit on 9-2-2007 by seenitall]

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Well I hope someone reads this trying to bump it up for the last time.

Do aliens have the internet is up above.

If intelligent discussion bows down to such nonsense, ATS is truly dead.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I believe that if we are it, it would be a terrible waste of space. I believe that life proves itself to be more efficent than that.

Scientist like that when polled said that we would know for sure by 2025.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I truly believe we are an egotistical race that is still governed by old religions. This is why the US government is telling it's people that we are it as far as intelligent life. It's a collective human ego trip.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Thanks for the response.

From the new generation of scientists that I know this is close to be considered a reality, only restricted by conceptions of our current perceptions.

Almost everyone that went through the course with me would agree, even many going onto PhDs, though they may not say it in public.

It is my opinion that paradigm shift is going to happen. I only want to help facilitate the process.

2025 isn't really needed. Everything we know about life points to the fact that we aren't alone. The reasoning (not proof) gets stronger by the day.

The new generation are much more open minded. I'm sure you all heard about the professor that wouldn't admit his mistake in fear of losing his life's work. Sometimes they're wrong, no matter how embarrrasing. This is the nature of paradigm shift. Unfortunately silly stories and likely disinformation - of which the western world is an expert (just look at WW2) - pollutes, distorts and restricts us from progress as a species.

If we are 'it' then I am Mickey Mouse.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Think about this.....

Global warming wasn't real until recently.

Much more of an obvious issue, there was much data to support it. No one believed in it though because a minority of corrupted scientists have been payed to ignore evidence. Quite convenient since its been known about for at least 40 years yet nothing is being done untill now.

I live about 4-5 metres ASL. I have a reason to worry.

There are island nations that will have to completely evacuate within 40 years, but it isnt that serious is it.

Look up the temperatures plankton can survive.

Very disturbing to say the least.

The simple fact is that science has had inklings, or proof (in a way) of many things that are considered to be non-existant. The story is never told.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Yeah well BUMP.

Keep a hold of your sanity.

For those of you who stand to the whole reptilian thing, please get a grip.

Had enough guys, no one wants intelligent discussion just sensationalism/hoaxes and yeah. Better not say it.

Going back to lurking.

Have fun.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by seenitall
PS: Sleeper you screwed up your story but it was a nice effort.

So the person couldn't handle the ETs true form but could handle a little 'grey' (for lack of a better term). Do you realise this grey turned into its true form later in the story in front of the 'human' participant with no repercussions? Huge contradictions my friend. Found it funny though. In fact you mentioned in your first post how you wanted a fantasy section. Why not make it completely fantasic? You should really think things through.

I was wondering by your posts in other threads here, if you might have some sort of agenda.

Is the above statement by you, evidence of that agenda?

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by seenitall
Think about this.....

Global warming wasn't real until recently.

Well, consider this. The oceans were 400-500 feet lower than they are now when the ice age was here. With hundreds of feet to nearly a mile of ice on top of Canada, US and Europe back 15,000 years ago, the island nations and beach land today back then would have been far more exposed than they are now. Ice melted and over time rises in oceans put the level where it is today. www.athropolis.com...

Global warming today shouldn't even matter if we didn't have land with high-priced homes located within feet of the ocean. If we were nomads, we could just pick up and move. Right now, I'm not dismissing Global Warming as "bunk" - but rather it's a visible sign of our value system. We don't want global warming to mess with what we've built already.

Many animals are at risk due to this global warming - but what happened over the past millions of years causing evolution due to cycles of warming and cooling was apparently just as bad or worse than our current global warming pattern.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Had enough guys, no one wants intelligent discussion just sensationalism/hoaxes and yeah. Better not say it.

Going back to lurking.

There's plenty of intelligent discussion here...take the time to look for it, and realize that not every post is going to get a reply within minutes...

Statisitics are way in favor of more intelligent life in the Universe...
However, they are equally in favor of being so far apart as to make even exotic forms of travel (other than bending the laws of physics) incapable of traversing it. But, there is a lot of evidence to suggest we've been visited....

Also, we (as humans) haven't been on the Earth long enough to know if "global warming" is real or a crock. The Earth has had HUGE climate shifts way before we ever entered the picture...so for all we know, it's cyclic....(not to say we aren't a bunch of polluters, we are, but as George Carlin once said...the Earth ain't going anywhere...WE are...the Earth will shake us off like a bad case of fleas)....

top topics

join