It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Excavation and Construction Project at Al Aqsa ---Why Now?--- W/Updates...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
If I am not mistaken, the three religions reaching accord and a one world religion centered in Jerusalem emerging is supposed to trigger the rapture and signal the midpont of the tribulations or something like that.

It's likely. Combining the prophecies of all three religions regarding the Dajjal (Anti-Christ): If the Dome of the Rock is destroyed and the Third Temple is rebuilt over it, the Anti-Christ will be arise and signal the final days of Earth. The Dome of the Rock can be considered as a seal protecting Earth from the coming of the Anti-Christ.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
DJ,
Is the prophecy of the coming of the antichrist is the book of revelation?
If that is correct do the Jews have any belief in that prophecy?

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
Some good thoughts Jack.
However I am somewhat cynical. I don't really ever see the religions stopping the quibbling. There will just always be one or two charismatic religious zealots that charm a group to go and start something. A dark view of things kind of the way I see it for now.

Humbly, I have to agree, but I felt the need to say what my small voice says within me. I am sure that many feel the same as I, as I believe that humanity exists in everyone, but it is suppressed by the vociferous hatemongers and deceivers who only wish to see our existence come to an end....

Here in the US, our citizens are purposely pitted one against the other in the two party system, it is so much easier to say the left is this and the right is that than to take some time and see what these sides are actually doing. Those who choose no side "left or right" are labeled centrists and are effectively silenced by attacks from both sides......

We shall see what becomes of this Israeli construction project, and I will continue to update reprots as I view them, thanks for reading, I now step down from the soapbox....

I hope that all is well with everyone who reads this post, Peace be with You......

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Thanks for the clarification there. For some reason, I always keep an eye out for developments involving building or excavation at this site. I get the same sense about the temple being rebuilt, that it will trigger major events in human history.

Again, am I mistaken to have the impression from scripture that the true new Temple will descend from the sky and land at Jerusalem signaling the beginning of the millenial reign of Christ?

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

Humbly, I have to agree, but I felt the need to say what my small voice says within me. I am sure that many feel the same as I, as I believe that humanity exists in everyone, but it is suppressed by the vociferous hatemongers and deceivers who only wish to see our existence come to an end....

You don't half to step down for your soap box. You are saying very good words, I wish more people truly felt the way you do. As I said I have just groan cynical. I have lost almost all hope that humanity will learn to live together in peace. I did say almost, there is a glimmer of hope but I doubt it will ever come to light.

edit trying to fix quote

[edit on 7-2-2007 by RedGolem]

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Israël shouldn't do nothing alone. They should do it in a partnerships with muslims so if something go bad, it will be both jews and muslims fault.

And BTW, this is another reason why Iran wouldn't nuke Israël. Because of Jerusalem and the two mosques. Would you burn a church if you're a deep christian? I don't think so.

[edit on 7-2-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Hum If I think it will serve my cause, yeah sure why not?

It's just a building, faith is stronger than that no?

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Places of spiritual worship have been getting blown up by people of the same faith.

But I can't understand how the mass slaughter of 70 Baghdad college students last week by Sunni suicide bombers or the blowing up of a Shiite mosque on the first day of Ramadan in 2005
sorce

So people will blow up places of worship to en sight for further what ever twisted psychotic views they have.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Places of spiritual worship have been getting blown up by people of the same faith.

Your talking about the Golden Mosque? It was probably more a british/us commando. Anyway, isn't there a difference between sunnis mosques and shiites mosques?

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Israël shouldn't do nothing alone. They should do it in a partnerships with muslims so if something go bad, it will be both jews and muslims fault.

And BTW, this is another reason why Iran wouldn't nuke Israël. Because of Jerusalem and the two mosques. Would you burn a church if you're a deep christian? I don't think so.

Good point about the reluctance to nuke Israel, and no (from my personal experience) I would not burn a church, synagogue, temple, shrine etc.

I do not believe you have to go DEEP in any religion to realize this, in my experiences with religion, the initial teaching is of love and tolerance. It is only after being indoctrinized that the HATE is introduced, some peole recognize this and steer clear, some do not and follow the path to extremism which only leads you further from the original reason you decided to follow a particular faith......

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
This situation is rapidly reaching the boiling point

If anything, the situation is less volatile now than it would've been in the past. The palestinians are fighting each other, and thus can't focus their violence on the yehudis. As long as the palestinians are divided, there is relative peace.

and once again I have to ask......... WHY?

Paranoia.
The arabs in the region think that the jews are out to destroy them and islam, and assume that this project is just a plot to destroy the temple.

Why not, have the Christian, Jewish, and Muslim leaders come together and develop, construct, etc this holy area in a tolerant way with "all who hold this place in reverence

If anyone tried to create an ecumenical house of worship, or even a complex of temples of different faiths side by side, on that site, the muslims in the region would freak out and start killing civilians all over the place. In this day and age, they are going to perceive any inclusion of another religion at that site as a lessening of their mosque, and as a secret attack upon all of islam.

redgolem
I don't really ever see the religions stopping the quibbling. There will just always be one or two charismatic religious zealots that charm a group to go and start something.

I'd agree normally, and that certainly happens, but its not happening here. THe only religious objections going on are from the muslim camp. THey are the ones freaking out (rather, their leaders are rousing the rabble) over this.

If that is correct do the Jews have any belief in that prophecy?

I know you asked DJMessiah, and I am not a jew, but from what I understand, the jews beleived that, during their occupation by the romans, a 'messiah', an annointed king, would rise up and lead an army to defeat their occupiers and establish a physical kingdom, freeing israel. This beleif also seems to stem from prior periods of occupation, such as when they were defeated by the babylonians, persians, greeks, etc.
I don't recall there being anything about there being a need to rebuild the temple in jerusalem, nor that it will have anything to do with the restoration of israel.

The golden dome of the shiites was probably not bombed by shiites, but rather by sunnis. THe mosque at the temple mount is holy to both shiites and sunnis. Similar to how the Church of thre Holy Speulchre, even though its run by Orthodox Christians, is a pilgrimage site for all kinds of christians.

icarus rising
the three religions reaching accord and a one world religion centered in Jerusalem emerging is supposed to trigger the rapture and signal the midpont of the tribulations or something like that.

A minority beleif amoung non-mainstream sects in the christian religion.
Also the basis of a popular movie series starring Kurt Cameron.

am I mistaken to have the impression from scripture that the true new Temple will descend from the sky and land at Jerusalem signaling the beginning of the millenial reign of Christ?

A person can interpret an extremely esoteric and occultic book like the revelation of st. john in any number of ways.

DJ Messiah
The Dome of the Rock can be considered as a seal protecting Earth from the coming of the Anti-Christ.

Or it can be seen as a building that people are freaking out over.

vitichilo
Because of Jerusalem and the two mosques.

I think it unlikely that they'd nuke jerusalem too. But Tel Aviv?

Would you burn a church if you're a deep christian?

Of course. People have broken nearly every command in teh bible in the name of hte bible, muslims aren't any different.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   

If anyone tried to create an ecumenical house of worship, or even a complex of temples of different faiths side by side, on that site, the muslims in the region would freak out and start killing civilians all over the place. In this day and age, they are going to perceive any inclusion of another religion at that site as a lessening of their mosque, and as a secret attack upon all of islam.

You are probably correct but it is still unfortunate that it has become accepted that there could never be a meeting of the minds in this clash of religions, (Jews, Muslims, & Christians), after all love and peace has a major role in the teachings of each religion.....

Updating the events, the defense minister of Israel requested that the work stop, noting the Muslims anger of the current project, he was however rejected on his request.

Israel has agreed to put up "live feed" cameras at the site to try and quell the concerns of the Muslims.

Israel's Peretz Urges Halt To Contentious Jerusalem Construction

Israel Defence Minister Amir Peretz sent a letter to Premier Ehud Olmert urging a halt to construction work on a new walkway up to Jerusalem's disputed Harem al-Sharif/Temple Mount, a senior official in the prime minister's office said Thursday

Olmert spurns bid to reconsider Jerusalem dig

JERUSALEM, Feb 8 (Reuters) - Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert has spurned a call to consider halting excavation work near Jerusalem's most sensitive shrine, which has angered Muslims and threatened a Gaza ceasefire deal.

Israel to install cameras to show live Mughrabi footage

Israel plans to install security cameras at the Mughrabi excavation site which will broadcast real-time footage of the controversial construction outside the Temple Mount, Army Radio reported on Thursday.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   
In related news Al Aqsa martyrs brigade launched a rocket attack on Sederot and Western Negev, in protest to the digging.

Al-Aqsa brigades launch attack at Sederot, western Negev towns in Israel

The statement added that the Israeli enemy confirmed the attack without reporting whether there were casualties or damage.

The brigades said the attack was in response to the Israeli excavation and digging in the Holy Al-Aqsa Mosque.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
The live feed is not a bad idea. In the event something horrible should happen there now it will be available for all to see so there should be little confusion of what happened.
I am not saying I hope something horrible will happen though.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I found a small video report on the "bridge project" and am posting a link here for those interested.

Israel pushes ahead with controversial holy site work

Israel is building a new ramp at the site revered by Jews as Temple Mount and by Muslims as the Noble Sanctuary or al-Aqsa compound. Muslims fear the work's damaging two rooms that are part of Islam's heritage, and Muslim leaders have called for mass protests to stop the work.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Posting to add links to the Lebanon/Israel border incident being discussed on ATS here :

Israel and Lebanese forces clash on Israel-Lebanon border, UN calls exchange of fire "serious"

and on ATSNN here:

Israeli and Lebanese troops fire at one another.

Another incident involving a rocket attack by Islamic Jihad on the Gaza/Israeli border can be found here:

Islamic Jihad upgrades rocket attacks on Israel

The militant group said it used the new launcher to send 10 of its homemade rockets toward the Sufa cargo crossing on the Israel-Gaza border.

Calling this situation "tense" is probably an understatement at this point...

EDIT: to add ATSNN link

[edit on 2007/2/8 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Sorry, but I honestly don't have anything to add here. To be honest I'm very naive when it comes to this subject but it is something I'm gaining an interest in and would like to research more. I also want to say that this is a very good thread and is something to keep an eye on because of the possible repercussions.
Thanks for the info! Mecheng.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Developments from this afternoon, Hezbollah issued a statement condemning Israel, while Raed Salah, a leader of the Islamic Movement in Israel, who was arrested earlier this week, has called for major protests Friday. Israel deployed 2000 police to the area and may send more for Friday. Israel is still considering "webcasting" the construction project to try and quell the angst. A palestinian report stated 11 were wounded by rubber bullets after crossing into Hebron in protest to the dig.

Islamic leader urges Israeli Arabs to protest construction at holy site

Hezbollah slams Israel for construction work near Jerusalem mosque

Twelve residents injured in clashes in Hebron

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
A related story,

Egypt called on the Israeli Ambassador to protest the project and warned that continuing this effort could cause the situation to explode.

Egypt summons Israeli envoy to protest work at Aqsa

Expressing resentment and wrath at such Israeli practices, the Egyptian Foreign Ministry warned in a news release that Israeli works and digging at Al-Aqsa Mosque, which would affect Muslim archaeological remains, would explode the situation in the region.

It asked the Israeli ambassador to convey this warning to his government, cautioning against any unilateral moves by Israel in this respect.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Jerusalem should be as it was originally intended to be by the UN. An international entity governed by outsiders of different faiths and countries of origin. It should not be governed by Muslims or Israelis. If this was taken care of a long time ago this would not be an issue as there would be no question about intentions.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join