It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Challenge Riddle

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Two sheep are grazing in the same pasture: one is facing exactly North, one is facing South. How is it possible for the sheep to see each other without turning around???

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
thats easy, they are facing each other already.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I figured it out I believe. For the day after tomorrow is yesterday one. Took me a total 17 minutes and 49 seconds, which is more then the combine total time I spent on all the other problems (some only lasting me 13 seconds). So I congradulate them on such a very nice problem.

The first sentence states "When the day after tomorrow is yesterday,"
now, compare that to the end of the sentence. "when the day before yesterday was tomorrow." This means that its the same day. So "today will be as far from Wednesday as today was from Wednesday " means that it is wednesday. The day after wednesday is thursday.

I believe that this is right.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
God made Adam out of dust,
But thought it best to make me first:
So I was made before the man,
According to God's holy plan.
My whole body God made complete,
Without arms or hands or feet.
My ways and acts did God control,
But in my body He placed no soul.
A living being I became,
And Adam gave to me a name.
Then from his presence I withdrew,
For this man Adam I never knew.

All my Maker's laws I do obey,
And from these laws I never stray.
Thousands of me go in fear,
But seldom on the earth appear.
Later, for a purpose God did see,
He placed a living soul in me.
But that soul of mine God had to claim,
And from me He took it back again.
And when this soul from me had fled,
I was the same as when first made;
Without arms, legs, feet, or soul,
I travel on from pole to pole.

My labors are from day to night,
And to men I once furnished light.
Thousands of people both young and old,
Did by my death bright lights behold.
No right or wrong can I conceive;
The Bible and its teachings I can't believe.
The fear of death doesn't trouble me;
Pure happiness I will never see.
And up in Heaven I can never go,
Nor in the grave or Hell below.
So get your Bible and read with care;
You'll find my name recorded there.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Glad to see everyone having fun with this, I have enjoyed reading your riddles. Yes Crakeur you solved it! Sorry for the delay in my response.

I have another for you,

You have twelve coins, eleven identical and one different. You do not know whether the "odd" coin is lighter or heavier than the others. Someone gives you a balance and three chances to use it. The question is: How can you make just three weighings on the balance and find out not only which coin is the "odd" coin, but also whether it's heavier or lighter?

Took me a total 17 minutes and 49 seconds, which is more then the combine total time I spent on all the other problems (some only lasting me 13 seconds).

Hopefully this one will take you a little longer....

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
no, you can't run from time but can time be as small as an ant?

nope

but a shadow can

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I want to take part but there's like four riddle going on at once! Couldn't we do it one at a time?

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
ok, ok, let's go slowly here. We'll start over with the riddles. I guess we got carried away with all the fun.

I think the riddle about the bible is still unsolved, shall we start back with that?

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
I figured it out I believe. For the day after tomorrow is yesterday one. Took me a total 17 minutes and 49 seconds, which is more then the combine total time I spent on all the other problems (some only lasting me 13 seconds). So I congradulate them on such a very nice problem.

The first sentence states "When the day after tomorrow is yesterday,"
now, compare that to the end of the sentence. "when the day before yesterday was tomorrow." This means that its the same day. So "today will be as far from Wednesday as today was from Wednesday " means that it is wednesday. The day after wednesday is thursday.

I believe that this is right.

That is spot on...

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dirty_underground
Glad to see everyone having fun with this, I have enjoyed reading your riddles. Yes Crakeur you solved it! Sorry for the delay in my response.

I have another for you,

You have twelve coins, eleven identical and one different. You do not know whether the "odd" coin is lighter or heavier than the others. Someone gives you a balance and three chances to use it. The question is: How can you make just three weighings on the balance and find out not only which coin is the "odd" coin, but also whether it's heavier or lighter?

Hopefully this one will take you a little longer....

If 11 are identical you just pick out the different one by sight...
Another one full of distractions...

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
What is the closest realation that your Father's Sister's sister-in-law could be to you???

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by chris01621
What is the closest realation that your Father's Sister's sister-in-law could be to you???

You fathers sisters sister in law is your mother, correct?

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Correct!

If you were to put a coin in an empty bottle and then insert a cork into the neck, how could you remove the coin without taking out the cork or breaking the bottle???

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by chris01621
Correct!

If you were to put a coin in an empty bottle and then insert a cork into the neck, how could you remove the coin without taking out the cork or breaking the bottle???

Well magic of course. Lol just kidding. The neck of a bottle is the thinest part of the bottle. Just continue to push to cork in till if falls like the coin did, then shake the bottle upside down till the coin falls out. I never took the cork out did I?

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Your good, have you got any or shall I put another one down???

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
hmm. Lets see if I can remember any off my head.

What has 6 faces and 21 eyes, no legs, no hands, no arms, and is smaller then a mouse?

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
That would be a dice...

Here's a toughy:

King Henry the VIII gave his wife a bottomless container to put flesh and blood in. what did he give her???

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
A bottomless container lol. You may want to reword it unless that was the correct answer and the trick was to make you think it asked "what was the container".

Alright Ill go under the assumption I am wrong.

What is bottomless? hmmm. It has to be able to contain something while at the same time having no bottom. That must mean its wrapped around it rather then sitting in it. Now what wraps around flesh and blood. Obviously its a body extremity since it needs to have form.

Its either a necklace or a ring. correct?

[edit on 8-2-2007 by grimreaper797]

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Alright I think I got one.

What is under two feet, takes different form in different locations, is always looking up, but is always above sea level?

[edit on 8-2-2007 by grimreaper797]

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Yeah a ring is correct. You may have read on pg1 that I am getting these from a question game called mindtrap, That is exactly how it was worded.

I gotta think about your's...

Edit: The ground is under two feet unless your one legged...

Which is correct to say, "The yolk of the egg are white" or " The yolk of the egg is white"?

[edit on 8-2-2007 by chris01621]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join