It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Argentina to invade Falklands

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
the argie navy has been buzzing fishing aships about what they were doing whilst the boats were inside falkland isle waters.

also spending for the air force and the navy has been increased.

and isn't it just the right time to do it at the celebrations of independance and when the british navy is down to less then 30 active ships.

I MAKE NO APOLOGIES FOR MYargiesUSE AS I'M BRITISH AND WE'RE WILLING TO GIVE THEM A DAMM GOOD TRASHING AGAIN

mod edit, spelling in title

[edit on 6-2-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
You really think so? Are they really that dumb? Didn't they get their butts kicked bad enough last time?

I guess if they think the British Navy is overstretched, it would be a good time to try again, but I still don't give them a very good chance.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The Argentinians (or ARgies ) have too much on their own plate w/o the bloody lip we gave them in '82(,and While Blair would probably submit being the hamster that he is compared to Maggie),I don't see this happening at all.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I am ignorant in this subject sadly.

Argentina is going to declare war on Britain over fishingships?

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
But I did find this:

The UK Press has branded Falkland Islanders as “afraid.” And to prove it, the Mirror’s Chris Hughes has quoted H. E. the Governor Mr. Alan Huckle as well as Major Peter Biggs of the Falkland Islands Defence Force. The kicker reads:

EXCLUSIVE: FALKLANDS 2: Argies new claim to isles 25 years after war It could happen again any time says governor

…but it’s not going happen! Though they still claim sovereignty over the Islands the Argentines have said they wouldn’t ever again try to take the Falklands by force. What they are keen to do is squeeze us economically. What’s fresh is wondering where, economically, will Argentina strike next. Perhaps that’s too boring to report.

www.falklandnews.com...

It's an editorial but at least there's some quotes and names.

I would believe an attempt to squeeze the Falklands from UK control by economic means, but any military attempt to take the islands may get Buenos Aires' nose quite bloody.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   
we have right now 25 ships on active duty.

now if we allow the Argintinians to invade the islands, we must need upto 18 mounths to send out a battle fleet to get rid of them. now a officer in the local recruitment office told me that if it came to it then we would pull everyone down to portsmouth including penpushers load up all three aircraft carriers, plus frigates destroyers and subs go out there and hit them. then retake the islands and send them back to argintina in the flagship of our fleet.

in anwser to a previous question, the Argintinan special forces have been going round the islands photographing everything and also special forces boats have been found washed up on the shore.

and the navy (theirs) have been buzzing our ships a lot!

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl
The Argentinians (or ARgies ) have too much on their own plate w/o the bloody lip we gave them in '82(,and While Blair would probably submit being the hamster that he is compared to Maggie),I don't see this happening at all.

How can you call Blair a hamster is this not the Prime minister who has gone to war in Iraq, Kosovo and Afghanistan. And remember that the reason the argies invaded in 82 was due to the Uk withdrawing naval vessels. The tories made far more sweeping defence cuts than the current labour party ever has

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 04:23 AM
link   
touch the falklands and i'm telling you now, there will be the biggest fight yet there. in fact lets go there now and just show the flag

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by UK Alien Buff
we have right now 25 ships on active duty.

now if we allow the Argintinians to invade the islands, we must need upto 18 mounths to send out a battle fleet to get rid of them. now a officer in the local recruitment office told me that if it came to it then we would pull everyone down to portsmouth including penpushers load up all three aircraft carriers, plus frigates destroyers and subs go out there and hit them. then retake the islands and send them back to argintina in the flagship of our fleet.

in anwser to a previous question, the Argintinan special forces have been going round the islands photographing everything and also special forces boats have been found washed up on the shore.

and the navy (theirs) have been buzzing our ships a lot!

three aircraft carriers? i was under the impression that the invinicible has had all of its equipment taken out. I cant see why it would take 18months to assemble a battle fleet. I thought the whole point of us building the runway at Mount Pleasent was so the Island can be reinforced quickly

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   
no not yet.

it would take 18 mounths to get a fleet togetheter that is large engough to beat them out again.

a small side note: HMS ENDURANCE was called out on an SOS from a cruse liner

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   
So why does the UK need the Falkland islands any how?

Clinging to those old imperialistic nostalgia?

I don't know much about the conflict other than UK beat them, Argentina fired a ?harpoon? missile and messed up a ship?

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 04:53 AM
link   
One would think that the Argintinians learnt there lesson the first time but th old saying comes to mind "time heals all wounds" so maybe they are ready for round two

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Lysergic

you don't know anything do you?

we lost hundreads of people and quite a few ships.

i beleive you are *********** to say messed up a ship

Mod Edit: mind the personal attacks

[edit on 2/11/07 by FredT]

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Are there any online sources regarding this?
This is the best I found.

Plus I am unaware of any recent overt acquisitions by the Argentine AF or naval AF..

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 05:27 AM
link   
got an idea for the celebrations.

lets get that Vulcan they are trying to get working ready and then fly it to Argintinaopen the bomb bay doors and drop rolls and rolls of unraveled toilet paper

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
So why does the UK need the Falkland islands any how?

Clinging to those old imperialistic nostalgia?

I don't know much about the conflict other than UK beat them, Argentina fired a ?harpoon? missile and messed up a ship?

as long as the falkland islanders want to remain British then the Island should and will remain British. end of

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by UK Alien Buff
Lysergic

you don't know anything do you?

we lost hundreads of people and quite a few ships.

i beleive you are calass B....rd to say messed up a ship

It's part of war is it not?

Learn to spell plz.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 06:17 AM
link   
sorry to ruin the party, but this is brought up every year about new threats.

FALKLANDS RUBBISH INVASION HYPE

An Editorial by J. Brock (FINN)

The UK Press has branded Falkland Islanders as “afraid.” And to prove it, the Mirror’s Chris Hughes has quoted H. E. the Governor Mr. Alan Huckle as well as Major Peter Biggs of the Falkland Islands Defence Force. The kicker reads:

EXCLUSIVE: FALKLANDS 2: Argies new claim to isles 25 years after war It could happen again any time says governor

…but it’s not going happen! Though they still claim sovereignty over the Islands the Argentines have said they wouldn’t ever again try to take the Falklands by force. What they are keen to do is squeeze us economically. What’s fresh is wondering where, economically, will Argentina strike next. Perhaps that’s too boring to report.

www.sartma.com...

Falkands is rich in oil and other resources as well. Plus, the people on the Island see themselves as British and want to stay a part of the United Kingdom.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
You really think so? Are they really that dumb? Didn't they get their butts kicked bad enough last time?

I guess if they think the British Navy is overstretched, it would be a good time to try again, but I still don't give them a very good chance.

The Island defence is a lot stronger now, it has air defence, naval defence, ground defence, missile defence and the British military is on stand by in case troops need to be sent. Troops can be sent to the Island at a seconds notice.

Argentina would not try it because this time we will come down hard of them.

[edit on 6-2-2007 by infinite]

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Original Anonymous Post By: anon_94283
This anonymous post is in response to ATS thread: Argintina to invade Falklands

Ah the vulcan...
well as i see it at the moment the falklands have 4 Tornado F3's, 1 Herc, 1 VC10, 2 Seakings, 500 Army grunts, a small castle class patrol vessel, there's usally a type 42 in the area (HMS Edinburgh i belive) and possibly a trident (classified). Also the FIDF (Falklands Islands Defence Force) - Angry Locals with pichforks and exploding sheep bombs, more than enough to see off the argies dont yah think?

CJ

So i finally got round to registering *waves, well thats my take on the falklands at the moment...

[edit on 6/2/07 by C ROBERTSON]

[edit on 6/2/07 by C ROBERTSON]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join