It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Yes I am still kinda new around here, so figive the stupidity. It seems that every avatar I try to use is too big. Now, I know a few things about computers but how in the world do I resize my avatar so that I will beable to use it? I am sure I will have to do this before I upload it, but what program should use to do it?

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Okay I finally found one that works but would still like to know how to go about resizing pics to fit, thanks for any help.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 08:59 AM
link   
There are a few good photo editing programs available. Photoshop, paintshoppro etc...

You can of course edit/resize images with M$ paint, but the quality of the images becomes horrible.

I'm not sure if there is a free (trail) version available for photoshop, but that program is the best (to my opinion).

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Photoshop is an incredible program, but another one that I like to use, to quickly resize image is ACDSee.

It's one handy program, free trial version are available on the net. You can resize a bunch of image at the same time, convert, rename, rotate, etc etc...

It's also a lot less complex than Photoshop

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 09:26 AM
link   
A freeware program that I've found to be very good is IrfanView, available at

www.irfanview.com...

Worth a look anyway, IMHO. All it costs is download time!!

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 02:35 AM
link   
The GIMP is great freeware utility

www.gimp.org...

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truffle
The GIMP is great freeware utility

www.gimp.org...

Gimp is great for freeware - rivals Photoshop 5 as far as usefulness (Photoshop is now on version 8 but beggars can't be choosey as the saying goes)
If you don't want to spend your christmas money on Photoshop or PSP, Gimp is definitely a good choice - especially if you're on a Linux based O/S....

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Genya
A freeware program that I've found to be very good is IrfanView, available at

www.irfanview.com...

Worth a look anyway, IMHO. All it costs is download time!!

I thought Irfanview was just a graphics viewer ... can it also paint and otherwise edit graphics?

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl
I thought Irfanview was just a graphics viewer ... can it also paint and otherwise edit graphics?

Hi intelgurl!!

First, thanx to you and Truffle for info re GIMP: I was unaware of this software before (hangs head in shame....)

To quote from IrfanView web site:
Thumbnail/preview option
Slideshow (save slideshow as EXE/SCR or burn it to CD)
Support for Adobe Photoshop Filters
Drag & drop support
Fast directory view (moving through directory)
Batch conversion (with image processing)
Print option
Change color depth
Scan (batch scan) support
Cut/crop
IPTC editing
Effects (Sharpen, Blur, Filter Factory)
Capturing
Lossless JPG rotation

So, whilst limited (in comparison to GIMP!), I thought it was useful to at least mention it here, especially as it's free!!

However, I'll certainly investigate GIMP as an additional resource!! thanx again!

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 08:30 AM
link   
If you want, just post a link to it here and I'll resize and optimize the image for you (if you don't want to do it yourself that is). All the above mentioned programs are great. I use Photoshop 7, ACDSee, and The GIMP (Windows version 1.2)

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I use PSP 7, even though im not very good at it
. Just some advice, dont buy PSP 8, im using their free trial and its way too hard to use.

[Edited on 12-22-2003 by theshadowknows]

new topics

top topics

join